In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 4th, 2021 at 6:01:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

It’s inconceivable that a kid can be ‘late or absent’ 272 times in a 3 (or4?) year stretch and the mother solely blames the school for her son’s failure? And it’s inconceivable that this student fails nearly every class and still gets promoted! I of course blame the student first, but WTF was the school doing? And by passing THREE classes over the years he ranks ABOVE half of the students in his grade? What an abject failure that community is.... obviously education means nothing there.... and the subsequent response from the school reinforcing that....

Edit. 62 out of 120 so only above 58 of 120.

It is all about the money. If it was about education the kid would have been failed for that many absences. When I was in HS at least they could hold you back if you missed a certain number of days, I think it was 20 but don't hold me to the exact. Or think to college where if you missed more than 3 classes you got your grade dropped.

But it is not about education. The student in the seat is state and federal aid in the bank account, and thus the paycheck.

I say just start booting such problem kids at age 16. They do not want to be in the school, let them have their wish. Better for everyone, except the feeders off the education-industrial complex.
The President is a fink.
March 4th, 2021 at 6:02:44 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Eek! Certainly sounds like you support Jim Crow-era literacy tests.

Not at all.

The Dems don't care about people like him. If they did, they wouldn't flood the nation with millions of immigrants and illegal aliens who take their jobs and push up the costs of housing and food. This kid, and the millions like him, don't stand a chance.

They passed that Civil Rights Act in '65, then immediately screwed them with the immigration bill to bring in millions of foreigners to compete against them, before they ever had a chance to gain a foothold in the economy.

He will end up on the streets, or dead, or in prison, or stored away in one of the Democrat Voter storage facilities they call housing projects.
March 4th, 2021 at 7:22:42 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Or think to college where if you missed more than 3 classes you got your grade dropped.

In five years at the University of Iowa I only had one class where attendance factored into the grade. It was the Freshman "Rhetoric" class. If attendance was vital I would have failed almost every class. There were many classes that I only attended the first day and on exam days.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 4th, 2021 at 7:28:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

They passed that Civil Rights Act in '65, then immediately screwed them with the immigration bill to bring in millions of foreigners to compete against them, before they ever had a chance to gain a foothold in the economy.

Wow
Do you hate me, I'm an immigrant
Do you hate my Mom, a real true immigrant
Your hatred is pretty appalling
I worked hard my whole life, sorry if that offends you
My Mom worked hard her whole life. Shocking that offends you. I have met many immigrants and worked closely with them. Salt of the earth. Great people. Immigration has made America Great.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 4th, 2021 at 7:34:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Wow
Do you hate me, I'm an immigrant
Do you hate my Mom, a real true immigrant
Your hatred is pretty appalling
I worked hard my whole life, sorry if that offends you
My Mom worked hard her whole life. Shocking that offends you. I have met many immigrants and worked closely with them. Salt of the earth. Great people. Immigration has made America Great.

If you and your mother entered the country legally, you are EXACTLY who I want to be here. We have set up rules for such. It is the literally MILLIONS who have entered ILLEGALLY I am against. Is that not a simple enough concept for you?
March 4th, 2021 at 8:10:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Not at all.

The Dems don't care about people like him. If they did, they wouldn't flood the nation with millions of immigrants and illegal aliens who take their jobs and push up the costs of housing and food. This kid, and the millions like him, don't stand a chance.

He will end up on the streets, or dead, or in prison, or stored away in one of the Democrat Voter storage facilities they call housing projects.

Where’s the connection between immigrants and this kid? His mother is working 3 jobs, so no one took a job from her.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 4th, 2021 at 8:13:58 AM permalink
terapined
If you and your mother entered the country legally, you are EXACTLY who I want to be here. We have set up rules for such. It is the literally MILLIONS who have entered ILLEGALLY I am against. Is that not a simple enough concept for you?

Did you read Tankoo's post??????????????
Nope, you just jump in making false assumptions.
He was ranting against immigration. Is that hate for immigrants not a simple enough concept for you?
I saw this hate in my own family.
One part of my family hated that my father married my mother and brought her family into this country
I know Tanko's type. I grew up with one on my Fathers side. They hate immigrants
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 4th, 2021 at 8:25:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Did you read Tankoo's post??????????????
Nope, you just jump in making false assumptions.
He was ranting against immigration. Is that hate for immigrants not a simple enough concept for you?
I saw this hate in my own family.
One part of my family hated that my father married my mother and brought her family into this country
I know Tanko's type. I grew up with one on my Fathers side. They hate immigrants

I read Tanko’s post. Are you disagreeing that the majority of those taking the lower end jobs are illegal immigrants versus legal immigrants? I’m not going to do the research, but I’d bet legal immigrants likely are in the top half of earners. Like the plethora of doctors I’ve trained during my career. Like the top sports stars. Like the top entertainers. Like my wife’s friend, a Mexican born dentist.
March 4th, 2021 at 8:44:53 AM permalink
terapined
Are you disagreeing that the majority of those taking the lower end jobs are illegal immigrants versus legal immigrants?

YES
You have not experienced hate I have seen with my own eyes
How many times did my mother have to hear "go back to your own country"
A legal immigrant.
This was appalling
Even from my own friends. My relatives would visit, my childhood friend would say "I cant be seen with you people"
You have no idea of the hate legal immigrants experience in this country
It was a controversy in my own family. Should one part of a family help another part of the family legally immigrate.
Some in the family helped. Some did not due to hatred of legal immigrants.
March 4th, 2021 at 8:56:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I read Tanko’s post. Are you disagreeing that the majority of those taking the lower end jobs are illegal immigrants versus legal immigrants? I’m not going to do the research, but I’d bet legal immigrants likely are in the top half of earners. Like the plethora of doctors I’ve trained during my career. Like the top sports stars. Like the top entertainers. Like my wife’s friend, a Mexican born dentist.

Republicans start focusing their talking points on the people hiring them instead of poor illegals seeking work, I’ll start listening.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?