In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 18th, 2021 at 7:19:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-team-special-reports/i-team-las-vegas-man-who-consumed-marijuana-before-trip-detained-overseas-uae-dubai/

A Las Vegas man consumed marijuana at home in Nevada, then flew to UAE for a quick business trip. While in the UAE he was hospitalized and his lab work detected marijuana in his system. He did not possess or consume in UAE, but is being detained (he has already been detained for 2 months) and will likely end up in prison for several years as it is a crime to be in the UAE with marijuana in your system.

Quote:
Peter Clark, 51, flew to Dubai in late February for a business trip, his lawyer, Radha Stirling shared. Clark became ill with pancreatitis and was hospitalized. After a urine test found traces of marijuana in his system, Clark was detained and put in jail, Stirling said.
April 18th, 2021 at 7:22:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-team-special-reports/i-team-las-vegas-man-who-consumed-marijuana-before-trip-detained-overseas-uae-dubai/

A Las Vegas man consumed marijuana at home in Nevada, then flew to UAE for a quick business trip. While in the UAE he was hospitalized and his lab work detected marijuana in his system. He did not possess or consume in UAE, but is being detained (he has already been detained for 2 months) and will likely end up in prison for several years as it is a crime to be in the UAE with marijuana in your system.

Quote:
Peter Clark, 51, flew to Dubai in late February for a business trip, his lawyer, Radha Stirling shared. Clark became ill with pancreatitis and was hospitalized. After a urine test found traces of marijuana in his system, Clark was detained and put in jail, Stirling said.

Know Before You Go!
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2021 at 5:19:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I’m not sure if it is ‘in the news’, but Chicago ‘ONLY’ reported 22 people shot over the weekend. Actually, one did make the news, as a 7 year old was killed. How many were shot inappropriately by police in the entire USA by police this weekend? But let’s put our focus on that.....

Of course any single event that is criminal (Chauvin) needs to be prosecuted. But overall, police are more likely to be the solution than the problem. Their being hamstrung in major Democrat cities has EXPLODED the murder rate in those cities. THAT should be ‘in the news’ front and center.
April 19th, 2021 at 8:26:10 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Sicknick's death now determined to be from multiple strokes (e.g. natural causes).
The only violence that resulted in anyone's death on 1/6/21 was the Capitol Police shooting an unarmed white woman.
Did Ashli Babbitt get added to the Breonna Taylor "Say Her Name" List?
I realize that no one shot into the Capitol before Ashli was gunned down, but that's a technicality, right?
Or does it just come down to melanin levels & the right narrative?
That all makes so much more sense now that you say it
After all, BLM was started on the lie that Michael Brown didn't deserve to get filled in.
Two Missouri state attorney generals and the Obama DOJ tended to disagree, but I digress.
At least young Michael's death allowed the BLM Founder to buy a sweet crib in Topanga Canyon.
You didn't die in vain Michael, just look at that house & not a black person around for miles!
Black Lives Matter, alright. It's just that some black lives get rich & matter more than others :-)
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 19th, 2021 at 10:28:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: SOOPOO
I’m not sure if it is ‘in the news’, but Chicago ‘ONLY’ reported 22 people shot over the weekend. Actually, one did make the news, as a 7 year old was killed. How many were shot inappropriately by police in the entire USA by police this weekend? But let’s put our focus on that.....

Of course any single event that is criminal (Chauvin) needs to be prosecuted. But overall, police are more likely to be the solution than the problem. Their being hamstrung in major Democrat cities has EXPLODED the murder rate in those cities. THAT should be ‘in the news’ front and center.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/04/overworked-overwhelmed-and-burned-out-why-portland-cops-say-theyre-leaving-in-droves.html

Portland may burn.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 20th, 2021 at 2:29:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/04/overworked-overwhelmed-and-burned-out-why-portland-cops-say-theyre-leaving-in-droves.html

Portland may burn.

It is already burning. All but unlivable in many parts.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2021 at 6:50:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
479. Let me repeat that number. 479.

The number of ‘unaccompanied minors’ being dumped on our southern border per DAY. These are just the ones that are caught.

How our lefties here don’t see this as the most dire crisis our country is facing is just remarkable. I guess we can keep building temporary orphanages and that is how the Biden administration feels the problem will be solved.
April 20th, 2021 at 7:09:47 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

The number of ‘unaccompanied minors’ being dumped on our southern border per DAY. These are just the ones that are caught.

How our lefties here don’t see this as the most dire crisis our country is facing is just remarkable. I guess we can keep building temporary orphanages and that is how the Biden administration feels the problem will be solved.

Totally Trump’s fault.

He should have built a wall to keep them out!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 20th, 2021 at 7:54:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

How our lefties here don’t see this as the most dire crisis our country is facing is just remarkable.

WTF
Why is this the most dire crisis our country is facing.
Can this so called crisis bring the country to its knees like the virus has. No way because it's a minor local problem, not a crisis. It has no effect on my life and the life of 99.999999999% of Americans.
Its really remarkable how much you believe the right wing propaganda machine.
This is so absurd.
The right yawns at 500,000 Dead Americans yet hundreds of children are the real crisis.
Get Real
You have dropped so far down the Qnon rabbit hole, you may never get out.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 20th, 2021 at 8:29:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman

A bad thing, but at least you do not have to deal with Trump making mean tweets.
The President is a fink.