In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 20th, 2021 at 1:43:04 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
How our lefties here don’t see this as the most dire crisis our country is facing is just remarkable.

What's remarkable is that a man of medicine cites a predictable seasonal surge of migrants at our border as the most dire crisis facing our country when a pandemic has killed 567k fellow Americans.

It's just sad that political ideology can have THAT much impact on somebody.
April 20th, 2021 at 1:54:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tripdufan
What's remarkable is that a man of medicine cites a predictable seasonal surge of migrants at our border as the most dire crisis facing our country when a pandemic has killed 567k fellow Americans.

And it’s not even election season.

Usually they save their “the brown people are coming to overrun us!” nonsense til the even numbered years...

Remember the “Caravans” of 2018??
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 20th, 2021 at 2:28:35 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan

Seasonal surge??!!! LOL!!!! You call 14,000 kids a month dumped here a ‘seasonal surge’!!!!! It hurts my brain to argue with you. I guess I’ll stop.
April 20th, 2021 at 2:31:35 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
A bad thing, but at least you do not have to deal with Trump making mean tweets.

If he wasn’t such a boor with his ‘mean tweets’ as an easy example, he’d still be President ! He had such a low bar to overcome and he was just to freaking stupid to do so!
April 20th, 2021 at 2:33:29 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Chauvin found guilty on all counts. Bail revoked. Go directly to jail.
April 20th, 2021 at 3:08:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
If he wasn’t such a boor with his ‘mean tweets’ as an easy example, he’d still be President ! He had such a low bar to overcome and he was just to freaking stupid to do so!

Low bar? It took the entire media and a china virus to take him down. No POTUS of our time had to fight such a biased media. I just heard it, his first 100 days alone was 89% negative coverage! Biden is at like 60% positive.

No matter what he said he was going to be a target to take down. At least he fought back.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2021 at 3:13:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Low bar? It took the entire media and a china virus to take him down. No POTUS of our time had to fight such a biased media. I just heard it, his first 100 days alone was 89% negative coverage! Biden is at like 60% positive.

No matter what he said he was going to be a target to take down. At least he fought back.

Yeah all of which he brought upon himself. If you say outlandish things and then criticize the media for reporting it, you can't really complain about the cycle of negative coverage that you create (and deserve).
April 20th, 2021 at 3:19:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Yeah all of which he brought upon himself. If you say outlandish things and then criticize the media for reporting it, you can't really complain about the cycle of negative coverage that you create (and deserve).

Brought upon himself? Uh, NO! The fact that he was running on the GOP ticket meant the media would be out for him. They just really got irritated that he would not play their little games by their rules and acted as the alpha male he is. The lamestreams can have none of that.

If you are Obama you can go to a black supremacist church and the media buries the story. If you are Trump they make up stories about your mental health.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2021 at 3:26:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Low bar? It took the entire media and a china virus to take him down.

Duffman admits Donny lost and doesn’t cite the lie that the election was stolen from him. Progress!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 20th, 2021 at 3:40:47 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Seasonal surge??!!! LOL!!!! You call 14,000 kids a month dumped here a ‘seasonal surge’!!!!! It hurts my brain to argue with you. I guess I’ll stop.

Yeah, if you actually sit down and look at the data from the past ten years, you will see that it IS predictable and it IS seasonal. There was a 28% increase in migrants from January to February 2021, from 78,442 to 100,441. 28%. During FY 2019, UNDER THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION, total apprehensions increased 31 percent during the same period, a BIGGER increase. (You can't compare FY 2021 to 2020 because of the pandemic).

The data from the last ten years tells us that pattern is pretty predictable. Migrants start making the trip when weather gets warmer. We have seen a regular increase not just from January to February, but from February to March, March to April, and April to May, and then a sharp drop-off, as migrants stop coming in the hotter summer months when the heat is deadly.

I'm not arguing with you that unaccompanied minors at the border is NOT a problem. It is. I'm simply saying that calling it the most "dire crisis our coutnry is facing" is RIDICULOUS when 567k fellow Americans are dead because of poor management. I mean, I guess, if I were a republican and the last two presidents from my party ran the country into the ground, I'd be saying stupid s**t too to try to divert attention from how much we suck.

I would argue that the middle class being priced out of homes because wealthy investors are buying them all up to rent is a MUCH BIGGER ISSUE facing our country than people coming here in search for better lives.