In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 21st, 2021 at 11:09:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Transport Costs Explode: $17,000 to Ship Container to CA from Asia……Up from $3,800 in Under Trump

Gee, I wonder what this will do to the cost of items under the Beijing Joe regime. Another Biden accomplishment! He's on a roll, LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 21st, 2021 at 1:12:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Transport Costs Explode: $17,000 to Ship Container to CA from Asia……Up from $3,800 in Under Trump

Gee, I wonder what this will do to the cost of items under the Beijing Joe regime. Another Biden accomplishment! He's on a roll, LOL

If we are going to have the inflation of the 1970s can we at least have the music of the 70s? Well, other than disco.

Saw an editorial from Newsweek of all places. Said Biden's plan seems to be deny all the bad stuff is happening and hope people do not notice. I guess like that Baghdad guy during the Iraq War. At least that guy you could respect for going out and doing his job, he was not the one putting the denials out as official as Biden is doing.
The President is a fink.
October 21st, 2021 at 3:35:19 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
October 21st, 2021 at 4:49:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Did anybody see Attorney General Merrick Garland today being grilled by Congress over the school board stuff. Oh my dear God. Another blithering idiot in Joe Biden's cabinet. He was old and meek and stuttering and had no idea what was going on.. It was embarrassing, you have to watch it to believe it. And this is the guy Obama wanted to put on the Supreme Court? He was totally unprepared, had no idea what they were talking about, had no answers for anything. It's like he was hearing all the stuff for the first time. Doesn't he have a staff to get him ready for this?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 21st, 2021 at 5:02:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Reminder: when righties accuse the Dems of voter fraud, it is ALWAYS projection.

Then:

Now:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 21st, 2021 at 7:00:01 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Evenbob
Did anybody see Attorney General Merrick Garland today being grilled by Congress over the school board stuff. Oh my dear God. Another blithering idiot in Joe Biden's cabinet. He was old and meek and stuttering and had no idea what was going on.. It was embarrassing, you have to watch it to believe it. And this is the guy Obama wanted to put on the Supreme Court? He was totally unprepared, had no idea what they were talking about, had no answers for anything. It's like he was hearing all the stuff for the first time. Doesn't he have a staff to get him ready for this?

Yes, I was able to watch most of it. I agree 100% with your observations, he is just your typical ignorant liberal.

Thank goodness he was prevented from becoming a Supreme Court Justice.
Let's go Brandon
October 21st, 2021 at 7:56:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Yes, I was able to watch most of it. .

Wow
You admit that
Its pointless politics
I would never ever consider watching a hearing
I'd watch bowling or corn hole or curling before watching a hearing :-)
I certainly didn't watch any of it
Having too much fun living life
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2021 at 4:13:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Alec Baldwin shoots woman.

The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2021 at 4:44:01 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Fed is imposing new limits on policy makers, after Chairman Powell and two Fed presidents were found to be either holding or purchasing bonds and other securities directly benefiting from Fed investments.

"Fed Chief Powell, other officials owned securities central bank bought during Covid pandemic"

From the Article:

Powell held between $1.25 million and $2.5 million of municipal bonds. While the bonds were purchased before 2019, they were held while the Fed last year bought more than $5 billion in munis, including one from the state of Illinois purchased by his family trust in 2016.

Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren held between $151,000 and $800,000 worth of real estate investment trusts that owned mortgage-backed securities. He made as many as 37 separate trades in the four REITS while the Fed purchased almost $700 billion in MBS.

Richmond Fed President Thomas Barkin held $1.35 million to $3 million in individual corporate bonds purchased before 2020. They include bonds of Pepsi, Home Depot and Eli Lilly. The Fed last year opened a corporate bond-buying facility and purchased $46.5 billion of corporate bonds.
October 22nd, 2021 at 6:24:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Alec Baldwin shoots woman.

I guess I wasn't the first to think of Bruce Lee's son. His family already responded.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?