In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 22nd, 2021 at 2:56:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Evenbob
These things always have a huge amount of liability insurance they can't make a movie without it. No union member would work on an uninsured sad. No investor will put a dime into a movie that was not insured.

I just heard that a lot of the union crew on the movie iwalked off the set because of unsafe conditions and they were replaced by non-union people. I also heard that Baldwin is a really rabid member of the anti-gun movement and he constantly goes after cops in New York City where he lives. Irony does not even cover what happened here.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 22nd, 2021 at 3:15:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The person with the biggest copiability is the person hired to manage those props. Assuming there was one.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2021 at 3:26:47 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
This makes no sense; I can understand a blank hurting one person, but two?

Might have been a live round?
October 22nd, 2021 at 6:49:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
This makes no sense; I can understand a blank hurting one person, but two?

Might have been a live round?

A blank in a civil war cannon could kill two people. But something ejected from that gun even if it wasn't a bullet. (though it probably was a bullet)

All the reasonable explanations for this that I've thought of range from bad to even worse. If only one person was shot, it could be from someone walking into the path by accident. But two? Not likely.

If he dropped a cocked gun, (being it was an old style 6 shooter) and it went off, it could give a more plausible excuse.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2021 at 6:57:04 PM permalink
rxwine
...the gun wrangler (or whatever he's called) could have been drunk on the job.
October 22nd, 2021 at 7:04:00 PM permalink
rxwine
...maybe Baldwin is blind without glasses.
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:14:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"In 2017, Alec Baldwin tweeted about a fatal police shooting that took place in Huntington Beach, California. “I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone…” the actor wrote"

Gun experts all over the country are saying Baldwin violated the number one rule of handling a gun and that is, you never ever point it at anyone you don't intend to shoot at. And you always assume a gun, even a prop gun, is loaded. Baldwin just proved that he was right about one thing. Guns in the hands of idiots are dangerous.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 23rd, 2021 at 5:20:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
"In 2017, Alec Baldwin tweeted about a fatal police shooting that took place in Huntington Beach, California. “I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone…” the actor wrote"

Gun experts all over the country are saying Baldwin violated the number one rule of handling a gun and that is, you never ever point it at anyone you don't intend to shoot at. And you always assume a gun, even a prop gun, is loaded. Baldwin just proved that he was right about one thing. Guns in the hands of idiots are dangerous.

Unfortunately, we can’t ban idiots. Guns, tho…. 🤔
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2021 at 3:44:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Why do liberals hate Trump?

Because he always gets proven right when he calls them out.

Taliban liberals tearing down statues of Jefferson just like he said they would.

The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2021 at 4:40:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Why do liberals hate Trump?

Because he always gets proven right when he calls them out.

Taliban liberals tearing down statues of Jefferson just like he said they would.

It's much worse that some conservatives still try to rewrite the history of the Civil War. And Trump is trying to rewrite history of the election.

Removing statues doesn't rewrite history, regardless of whether I think one or the other deserves to stay up.