In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 7th, 2021 at 5:14:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Cool story. Do Youngkin’s 17 year old son next!

It was in the same article. I’m not sure what the penalty is for attempting to vote underage, especially if he presented himself as a 17 year old. If he used fake ID to try and pass as 18 then I would consider that a serious offense. I assume he was not registered and (foolishly) just showed up at a polling place?
November 7th, 2021 at 6:07:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seems unlikely the 17 year old son of the new governor doesn't know you have to be 18 to vote.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 7th, 2021 at 6:20:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Seems unlikely the 17 year old son of the new governor doesn't know you have to be 18 to vote.

Given Republican knowledge of election laws, its actually highly likely.
November 8th, 2021 at 6:04:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
It was in the same article. I’m not sure what the penalty is for attempting to vote underage, especially if he presented himself as a 17 year old. If he used fake ID to try and pass as 18 then I would consider that a serious offense. I assume he was not registered and (foolishly) just showed up at a polling place?

According to the story I read, he presented his own ID and was turned away.

If he broke any laws, he should be charged and have his day in the appropriate court. Let the investigation continue and see what happens, Same with the PA governor, but he appears to have known the law and to have done it anyway...but finish the investigation. Odds on either one resulting in conviction ,or the equivalent, and the individual facing punishment?

The good thing is that Voter ID worked in the young Youngkin's case (if it happened; again...investigate first). The reports out are that he showed his ID and got turned away.
November 8th, 2021 at 7:05:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Would it be illegal for a 17 year old to attempt to vote, or only illegal if he actually voted successfully? Anyway, it seems like there's a little bit of a difference between actually being the Governor of a state and attempting to have your wife violate an Election law (on your behalf---and successfully) as opposed to being a candidate and having your kid attempt to go vote.

Has he said he was even voting for his dad? It would be funny had he been planning to vote against him. You could make the argument that the elder Youngkin wasn't even aware that his son was doing that---and he probably wasn't. I imagine he was a bit busy on Election Day...what with the whole being a Gubernatorial candidate, and everything.

ADDED: Also, could someone do the courtesy of a link when mentioning articles, please? I'd have read that one, if linked, but don't feel like searching for it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 8th, 2021 at 8:33:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-riot-suspect-claims-asylum-in-belarus-2021-11

Punk that attacked the police on Jan 6 has fled the country.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2021 at 8:38:08 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Mission146
ADDED: Also, could someone do the courtesy of a link when mentioning articles, please? I'd have read that one, if linked, but don't feel like searching for it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gov-elect-youngkin-s-underage-son-tried-vote-twice-virginia-n1283376

https://news.yahoo.com/pa-governors-wife-dropped-off-160403026.html

That took me all of twenty seconds or less...
November 8th, 2021 at 8:44:06 AM permalink
RonC
San Fran Chronicle column asks if residents should "tolerate burglaries"...

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2427079401312/san-francisco-chronicle-blasted-for-asking-if-residents-should-tolerate-burglaries

"Residents and city leaders are searching for answers: should they tolerate burglaries as a part of city living and focus on barricading homes? Should repeat offenders get rehabilitation services, or be incarcerated so they can’t commit more crimes?"

Criminal justice reform is an issue that may need addressed but shouldn't we start with crime should not be tolerated, especially so for violent crimes or crimes that violate a person's "space" (home, business, person)? Gee, how dumb do they want to be? It is okay to rip stores off, stores close...
November 8th, 2021 at 8:55:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
Gee, how dumb do they want to be? It is okay to rip stores off, stores close...

It's not that they're dumb, it's that they live in holy terror of being Politically Incorrect. It rules their lives. They fear they will be ostracized if they're seen as anything but super tolerant. And of course those doing the robbing take advantage of the tolerant, they feed on it. If you give money to a street person in San Francisco and other street people see you do it, they will descend on you like a swarm of locusts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 8th, 2021 at 9:10:47 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Tolerating burglaries? Sounds like a slippery slope to me.

Don’t want to start acting like the righties:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman