--- Lord Acton
November 10th, 2021 at 4:40:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Yep, elections have consequences

They certainly do!

The 2020 election has basically turned you into a bitter memelord. It’s actually quite lovely to see, tbh.

Unless ‘bitter memelord’ is not what I think it is, isn’t that the definition of ‘personal insult’?
November 10th, 2021 at 5:04:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: missedhervee
"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

--- Lord Acton
I always thought that would look good on a Harley Davidson commercial.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 10th, 2021 at 5:37:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I suspect Trump is counting on this matter to be appealed to the USSC, hoping that the conservatives will protect him.

Maybe they will: just have to wait and see.

I doubt it
He's not President
and
He was a govt employee
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 10th, 2021 at 6:07:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I figured one reason Trump acted the way he did was because of his conservative USSC appointees; sort of a "Get out of jail free" card he hoped to play.

Recent events show that at least some of them do not dance to his tune.

Let's hope they apply the law, not politics, in deciding issues.
November 10th, 2021 at 6:08:48 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Yep, elections have consequences

They certainly do!

The 2020 election has basically turned you into a bitter memelord. It’s actually quite lovely to see, tbh.

Unless ‘bitter memelord’ is not what I think it is, isn’t that the definition of ‘personal insult’?
I concur. However, it's not grossly offensive and AMS has a decent record. Penalty 2 days
November 11th, 2021 at 3:05:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I figured one reason Trump acted the way he did was because of his conservative USSC appointees; sort of a "Get out of jail free" card he hoped to play.

Recent events show that at least some of them do not dance to his tune.

Let's hope they apply the law, not politics, in deciding issues.

Please get over the fact that Trump appointed SCOTUS justices that strictly follow the Constitution. This liberal politicizing of SCOTUS has got to stop.
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2021 at 3:36:39 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
California man spent $150 annually on food. Paid off his student loan and bought a house in LA.

“You can pay around $150 for unlimited, year-round access to Six Flags, which includes parking and two meals a day,” Dylan, 33, explained to Mel Magazine Monday. “If you time it right, you could eat both lunch and dinner there every day.”
November 11th, 2021 at 4:52:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Please get over the fact that Trump appointed SCOTUS justices that strictly follow the Constitution. This liberal politicizing of SCOTUS has got to stop.

They only care about it when the ruling does not follow their view of the Constitution. For my part, and that of many on the right, we may be disappointed with decisions but we want the SC to rule based on the Constitution not a political point of view.

The fact is that the current makeup of the SC has not ruled in lockstep with an ideology, which means they are trying to stick to the Constitution.

The other side would like to pack the court in order to get their point of view supported by the SC.
November 11th, 2021 at 7:31:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Florida authorities asked Uber for access to a user's account as they try to locate the person they say who scammed a Florida grandma out of $700,000.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/florida-authorities-are-asking-uber-for-a-user-s-ride-history-to-catch-a-scammer-they-say-swiped-700-000-from-an-82-year-old-grandma/ar-AAQBcrH?ocid=msedgntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?