In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 15th, 2021 at 8:14:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I may think it’s childish…. but it is remarkable that the number one song in the country is the rap song ‘Let’s Go Brandon’. I’m not sure how #1 is determined…. Sales? Played on the radio? Survey?

In any case, it isn’t a good look on many levels…
November 15th, 2021 at 8:33:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I may think it’s childish…. but it is remarkable that the number one song in the country is the rap song ‘Let’s Go Brandon’. I’m not sure how #1 is determined…. Sales? Played on the radio? Survey?

In any case, it isn’t a good look on many levels…

I think it depends on who is rating it as I remember listening to Top-40 countdowns in the 80s and they could vary. These days it is probably downloadable sales, radio play and if there are any record stores actually left.
The President is a fink.
November 15th, 2021 at 8:50:42 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I can not believe how abjectly pathetic the jury instructions being given to the the Rittenhouse jury are. Probably half of the jurors are asleep already. He is now asking for help in how to give the instructions! And I'm not sure who he is asking! And this is being done in the presence of the jurors?!? CNN just had an analyst, Jeffery Toobin I believe, lambaste the judge for his pathetic performance. Still watching.... the jury must have been excused... no way this conversation goes on in front of the jury.

I also DO NOT believe that anything remotely like this farce would happen if this trial was not in the public spotlight. WE have a few lawyers on this forum I think. I'd love their take on the instructions.
November 15th, 2021 at 9:20:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I can not believe how abjectly pathetic the jury instructions being given to the the Rittenhouse jury are. Probably half of the jurors are asleep already. He is now asking for help in how to give the instructions! And I'm not sure who he is asking! And this is being done in the presence of the jurors?!? CNN just had an analyst, Jeffery Toobin I believe, lambaste the judge for his pathetic performance. Still watching.... the jury must have been excused... no way this conversation goes on in front of the jury.

I also DO NOT believe that anything remotely like this farce would happen if this trial was not in the public spotlight. WE have a few lawyers on this forum I think. I'd love their take on the instructions.

The most fascinating aspect of this case is that the judge is watching media reports and commenting on the media reports in court
WTF
Maybe this judge needs to be sequestered
I believe this judge is being influenced by the media
The judge is supposed to make decisions solely on evidence and not be influenced by media reporting
I don't think this judge has ever had the media question his decisions in real time and he is no handling it well
My advice to the judge
Turn off the TV
I believe this should be a mistrial and get a new judge that ignores the media
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 15th, 2021 at 9:57:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
The most fascinating aspect of this case is that the judge is watching media reports and commenting on the media reports in court
WTF
Maybe this judge needs to be sequestered
I believe this judge is being influenced by the media
The judge is supposed to make decisions solely on evidence and not be influenced by media reporting
I don't think this judge has ever had the media question his decisions in real time and he is no handling it well
My advice to the judge
Turn off the TV
I believe this should be a mistrial and get a new judge that ignores the media

Few things are more upsetting to mediocre white men than other people accurately pointing out just how mediocre they are.

(And “mediocre” is being generous with this judge)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 15th, 2021 at 10:12:17 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Few things are more upsetting to mediocre white men than other people accurately pointing out just how mediocre they are.

(And “mediocre” is being generous with this judge)

I believe the 1st thing this judge does when he goes home is turn on CNN and seethe on the reporting of what happened in court
Not Fox, CNN.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 15th, 2021 at 10:12:38 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
CNN just had an analyst, Jeffery Toobin I believe, lambaste the judge for his pathetic performance.

How is "Zoobin Toobin" even on the air anymore?
Was he exposing himself on the live feed or has he learned to be more discreet while self pleasuring?
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 15th, 2021 at 10:15:54 AM permalink
terapined
I think this judge is looking for ways to punish CNN in this trial
He's that bizarre
Its so obvious he hates CNN
Its in the transcript of all places
The judge is a total embarrassment
November 15th, 2021 at 10:27:40 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: JCW09
How is "Zoobin Toobin" even on the air anymore?
Was he exposing himself on the live feed or has he learned to be more discreet while self pleasuring?

These types of sexual acts dont bother me
Sexual Assault by Trump and Bill Clinton , that bothers me to no end
Donald Trump and Bill Clinton are real sicko predators
I think its sick to give Trump a pass but not Bill.
Just shows conservatives look the other way regarding sexual assault by a republican
November 15th, 2021 at 10:28:22 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
The Left continues to blame everything except the facts of the case.
It's the biased judge, it's the "fake" crying, it's the unlimited legal defense fund of Kyle R, etc.
Face the facts, everyone of the individuals shot was presenting a deadly threat to Kyle R. & got shot for their trouble.
You may not like why Kyle was in Kenosha that night (It wasn't smart in my opinion),
but making a bad decision to go to Kenosha & carrying an AR15, even if illegal, doesn't strip you of your right to self defense.

Lessons learned by the decedents and injured:

Chase an armed individual across a parking lot, corner them & try to grab their gun - get shot
Attempt to bash an armed individual in the head with your skateboard - get shot
Rush up on an armed individual with a pistol in hand & point it at them - get the bicept of your arm carrying the gun vaporized
It really isn't rocket science.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288