In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 24th, 2021 at 6:47:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I think another option might be just to get all physical merchandise out of there and, instead, have gift cards that you sell which are basically a code to have the physical merchandise delivered to you...or in-store pickup. That's really no different from online ordering, though...I guess it would be useful for what few people don't have Internet access as there could be a phone number you call to give the code and arrange delivery.

They are already going to locking things up, look for that to continue. Sort of a return to pre-WWI shoppimng where you told the clerk what you wanted and they retrieved it for you. But long term a retreat from retail in CA is now inevitable.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2021 at 6:48:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
Nancy Pelosi is considering leaving California for better tax treatment. She has been looking (or might have already bought) in Jupiter, Florida.

I guess she figures that, at 81, the seas won't rise that much before she heads on to her next life...

Can't blame her for leaving what Liberals have created...

Yet another case of liberals loving high taxes until they have to pay them. They repealed Trump's tax increase on the rich so their people would not have to pay it, now this.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2021 at 6:48:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
They are already going to locking things up, look for that to continue. Sort of a return to pre-WWI shoppimng where you told the clerk what you wanted and they retrieved it for you. But long term a retreat from retail in CA is now inevitable.

Yeah, but locking them up behind what? Glass? Is there going to be any criminal penalty for people who break in order to shoplift? Is that even considered a different category of crime if they're not breaking into the place itself?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 24th, 2021 at 8:03:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Yeah, but locking them up behind what? Glass? Is there going to be any criminal penalty for people who break in order to shoplift? Is that even considered a different category of crime if they're not breaking into the place itself?

Plexiglass probably. Eventually could be behind the counter like pseudo is at the pharmacy. I am not a lawyer but I would guess a B&I could make it a felony vs. just shoplifting. Even a smash and grab you can add the liability for what was broken and it could get to a felony.

Look at how it will change things this way. Pre-late60s there were more storefronts with wares on display in urban areas. When the race riots of the late 60s started this practice ended and you saw those garage-door style barriers in many cities because it was just too risky to a smash and grab happening. While other trends were in play as well we still see less glass on storefronts today.

I said many times the 2020s are going to be a decade of violent change in the USA. This decriminalized looting is just a part of it.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2021 at 8:38:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I can see some retailers just leaving CA totally if the state starts to pass redline-laws making them open stores for gangs to loot, er, commit organized retail theft.

It will happen anyway, if I own three stores and one of them keeps getting looted I'm going to close it. If I own 300 stores I'm going to close the ones in the worst areas. It's simple business procedure. No more major stores to loot they will loot mom and pop stores and they will disappear. Then they will piss and moan that they have to drive 25 miles to do all their shopping.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 24th, 2021 at 8:43:48 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
They are already going to locking things up, look for that to continue. Sort of a return to pre-WWI shoppimng where you told the clerk what you wanted and they retrieved it for you. .

If you went into a department store in New York City in 1910 you could not touch any of the merchandise because it was not displayed. It was under the counter or behind the counter and you told the clerk what you wanted. They knew people were thieves so they kept it out of reach. As the middle class grew and had more spending money this system did not work anymore cuz they had too many customers. So they started figuring stolen merchandise into their pricing and that exists to this day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 24th, 2021 at 8:44:41 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I said many times the 2020s are going to be a decade of violent change in the USA. This decriminalized looting is just a part of it.

The moderate left that believes in law and order, with reasonable practice changes to fix problems, needs to call out the people on their side calling for the end of prisons, police forces, etc. It seems those leftists idea of change is destruction of a system. Oh, they'll be fine--they will be able to live in gated communities and will profit from their "service" as members of Congress.

Once again, it is the very people they say they want to help that will be hurt the most.

I hope many of the leftists lose their seats in the primaries or general elections. They are more of a danger to the country's future than any other group with any power. I don't count the stupid right and left thugs--BLM's more radical element, Antifa, or the white idiots out there trying to foment porblems--they are not in power and can be dealt with (and need to be dealt with).

If you support all of the positions of those who want to kill our systems and let criminals out, you are part of the problem. Reform, yes. Work out issues, yes. That is not what the "Stupid Squad" speaks about...
November 24th, 2021 at 8:55:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
The moderate left that believes in law and order, with reasonable practice changes to fix problems, needs to call out the people on their side calling for the end of prisons, police forces, etc. It seems those leftists idea of change is destruction of a system. Oh, they'll be fine--they will be able to live in gated communities and will profit from their "service" as members of Congress.

Won't happen. They just go along with the left wing loons because otherwise they have to go along wit dem wascally wepublicans.

The Democrat Party is going thru a change. They abandoned working class whites in the 2010s, which the working class whites started to notice in 2016. If Biden's position is the same in 11 months as it is now then in 2023 there will be next to no white Democrats in the House. The Democrat Party will have transformed to a party of elitist whites surrounded by lower class minorities.

Said elite whites will not care about stores closing in minority neighborhoods because it will not affect them. Asians and Hispanics will that are not in the lower income classes will drift towards the GOP same as the working class whites have. Blacks are a lost cause, they will keep being owned by the Democrat Party for at least 2 more generations.

Lower class neighborhoods will become unlivable, same as they were 1965-1990ish. And Democrats will not care now same as they did not back then, just live their political class lives.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2021 at 9:10:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Won't happen. They just go along with the left wing loons because otherwise they have to go along wit dem wascally wepublicans.

The Democrat Party is going thru a change. They abandoned working class whites in the 2010s, which the working class whites started to notice in 2016. If Biden's position is the same in 11 months as it is now then in 2023 there will be next to no white Democrats in the House. The Democrat Party will have transformed to a party of elitist whites surrounded by lower class minorities.

Said elite whites will not care about stores closing in minority neighborhoods because it will not affect them. Asians and Hispanics will that are not in the lower income classes will drift towards the GOP same as the working class whites have. Blacks are a lost cause, they will keep being owned by the Democrat Party for at least 2 more generations.

Lower class neighborhoods will become unlivable, same as they were 1965-1990ish. And Democrats will not care now same as they did not back then, just live their political class lives.

Dem Wasically Wepublicans made their f^$$%#$% bed and then laid in it with the Evangelicals, so I don't want to hear about it. They're just as much to blame as the left. If they could have just advocated for sound fiscal policy and left social/personal affairs out of their politics, then everything would have been fine, so don't act like your side isn't at all to blame.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 24th, 2021 at 10:14:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Dem Wasically Wepublicans made their f^$$%#$% bed and then laid in it with the Evangelicals, so I don't want to hear about it. They're just as much to blame as the left. If they could have just advocated for sound fiscal policy and left social/personal affairs out of their politics, then everything would have been fine, so don't act like your side isn't at all to blame.

The left advocates for social policy far more than the right. My point is that the average liberal is happier living in a collapsing society than a state where Republicans hold any kind of power. They are the animals listening to the pigs telling them to do as told or Jones will come back.
The President is a fink.