In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 25th, 2021 at 6:34:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Here's an interesting one.

(only the living get to frame the story)

All the information reported so far.

Woman allegedly hits motorcyclist on purpose in a road rage incident.

Cyclist and a witness follow her to her home.

Woman comes back out of her home with a gun pointing at them.

Motorcyclist who has a CCW shoots her multiple times killing her saying he had no choice.

(other information it would be interesting to know, if the witness knew the motorcyclist)

Police have made no arrests.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/woman-killed-in-alleged-road-rage-incident-was-the-aggressor-florida-police/ar-AAR89kz?ocid=undefined

Do you believe she was about to shoot him? She was 5 months pregnant, if that matters.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 25th, 2021 at 6:36:09 PM permalink
rxwine
There was no mention of her firing first, so I don't know if that happened or not.

We also have stand your ground in Florida and she was in her home. Or at the door anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 25th, 2021 at 8:39:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Never should have followed her home. Get her license number and with the cooperation of the witness call the police. The guy thought because he had a gun he was Wyatt Earp. He escalated the situation and then kills her? I think an arrest will be coming in the future.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 25th, 2021 at 10:50:31 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I think charges will follow. They had the choice of backing off or escalating, and they escalated. She was at her home. They could have driven by, not followed all the way to the house, etc. while getting the police involved. I think that the motorcyclist was mad, which I understand, and let that get in the way of common sense. Instead of her possibly being charged, there is a good chance that he will be charged.

He may have "had no choice" but he actually made a lot of choices...

It says that a witness, or witnesses, also followed her. I'd like to know more about that. Was it a group with the motorcyclist? Someone unrelated to the man in any way?

Someone just hit you with a car. You are a damned fool to chase them home. Were you going to make a citizen's arrest or something?

Of course, actual facts in the case could sway my opinion...

The Librarians I know are not that aggressive...
November 26th, 2021 at 3:02:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Never should have followed her home. Get her license number and with the cooperation of the witness call the police. The guy thought because he had a gun he was Wyatt Earp. He escalated the situation and then kills her? I think an arrest will be coming in the future.

Agree, this one does not stand up. Not a case of a punk having a guy pinned to the ground beating him. He followed her home, that is stalking. He shot her on her property. He was never cornered or in danger.
The President is a fink.
November 26th, 2021 at 3:22:31 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Agree, this one does not stand up. Not a case of a punk having a guy pinned to the ground beating him. He followed her home, that is stalking. He shot her on her property. He was never cornered or in danger.

Was he on her property? If he was, that will make a difference.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 26th, 2021 at 6:33:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Unless some other details come out that weren't initially reported, I also think the motorcyclist is going to have a problem with that defense.
November 26th, 2021 at 7:14:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Macy's CEO said Macy's has been dealing with "Smash & Grab" robberies for decades.
November 26th, 2021 at 7:24:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Macy's CEO said Macy's has been dealing with "Smash & Grab" robberies for decades.

Of course they have. Does that somehow excuse the escalation of crime due to lack of threat of prosecution and increasingly bold criminals allowed to mask up in stores due to Covid? It is a perfect storm for those would rather steal than work for a living.
November 26th, 2021 at 11:24:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman

No, she fled the scene of an accident (also that is a mischaracterization and is definitely not stalking, regardless if you think it was wise or not). That is not stalking, that is trying to follow somebody who flees, this is pretty common for witnesses to do, usually somebody will stay with the victim, and somebody will pursue the fleeing person. The article even says multiple witnesses were following her because apparently, she was driving so erratically for a while that a lot of people were upset, I would guess.

It sounds like he was shot on the street, he was not on her property, but was on his bike in the street in front of her house. If he tried to break in that would be different, sitting out front on the street while on the phone with the police is about as innocent as it gets (she also pulled a gun first according to him). That is not self-defense, once you leave your property and pull a gun on somebody in the street, that changes everything legally (even in Florida).

I feel that a lot of people have the wrong opinion on this one because she is/was a pregnant female. If the roles were reversed (a female followed a male home who has been hitting cars and driving crazy), she would be lauded as a hero. But that is just my personal suspicion. He did not physically interfere with her he just followed her and sat on a public street while on the phone with 911. She chose to come to the street with a gun to tell him to drive on instead of calling 911. I would assume there is a reason she did not want the police there (drugs or alcohol), but that is just a suspicion, because the smart thing to do if she really was scared would be call 911 and stay inside.