In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 1st, 2021 at 6:21:42 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Looks as though justice will not be served. The local D.A. and a Judge recused themselves from the investigation, because the shooter's ex-wife is a Judge. The Texas Attorney General has it. Two weeks later, and still no criminal charges or arrest.

December 1st, 2021 at 6:23:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Looks as though justice will not be served. The local D.A. and a Judge recused themselves from the investigation, because the shooter's ex-wife is a Judge. The Texas Attorney General has it. Two weeks later, and still no criminal charges or arrest.

Looks like they’re about to kiss.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 3rd, 2021 at 9:52:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't know if a jury will buy it, but I think lawyers for Alec Baldwin are going to say he didn't need to know the proper procedures for handling a gun, any more than he would need to know the proper safety procedures for the "fake" playing of any other profession.

The only reason that argument might work is there may be a lot of objects actors aren't ever required to check out before they use it that could be potentially dangerous if they were real. You don't want to hit someone over the head with a real chair in a fight. They depend on a prop chair that breaks easily. Same with pushing someone through a glass window. You don't want there to be real glass.

At least that's the only argument I could think of.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 3rd, 2021 at 1:07:29 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I don't know if a jury will buy it, but I think lawyers for Alec Baldwin are going to say he didn't need to know the proper procedures for handling a gun, any more than he would need to know the proper safety procedures for the "fake" playing of any other profession.

The only reason that argument might work is there may be a lot of objects actors aren't ever required to check out before they use it that could be potentially dangerous if they were real. You don't want to hit someone over the head with a real chair in a fight. They depend on a prop chair that breaks easily. Same with pushing someone through a glass window. You don't want there to be real glass.

I get that potential pathway for an argument, but it is pretty lame.

Guns are different. They must be handled with care and each person possessing a weapon needs to check it for safety. It does not matter what the person who hands it to you says; it is always unsafe, never point a gun at anyone you don't want to kill, and always check to make sure the gun is in the state you want it to be in.

My pistol most usually has a magazine in it but no round in the chamber. There is a visual cue for that but I still physically check it each time I handle it. When I put a round in the chamber, I make another check.

Actors are no different than others--every gun is considered loaded. Laziness, poor protocols, or arrogance are not excuses.
December 3rd, 2021 at 2:00:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Envelopes full of cash and checks were found behind a loose toilet by a plumber doing repairs at celebrity televangelist Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Texas, according to church officials.

This story makes me think that someone in the church was stealing and was keeping the goods in a safe place until all possible heat was off before taking it out at a later date.

Checks wouldn't be of much use at any time. Probably just for the cash.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/plumber-finds-cash-checks-behind-loose-toilet-in-wall-at-joel-osteen-s-lakewood-church/ar-AARqTxl?ocid=undefined
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 3rd, 2021 at 2:17:02 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

I listened to the highlights of his recent interview. He seems to be claiming that the person who got killed directed him to pull back the hammer and point the gun at her. He also says the gun fired without his pulling the trigger, which would seem to mean the hammer did not cock [though he doesn't say the hammer didn't cock]

Don't have time now but maybe I can see if it's on youtube. Weird stuff.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 4th, 2021 at 12:50:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Tiger Woods says he will 'never' play golf again full time.

A meh as far as I am concerned but some people here seem to care.

I predicted this the day .he had his last accident. He was done anyway, time to move on you arrogant jackass, Tiger Woods..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 4th, 2021 at 8:26:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I listened to the highlights of his recent interview. He seems to be claiming that the person who got killed directed him to pull back the hammer and point the gun at her. He also says the gun fired without his pulling the trigger, which would seem to mean the hammer did not cock [though he doesn't say the hammer didn't cock]

So the trigger thing is likely going to a demonstration with the actual gun. They'll either be able to demonstrate the gun can fire like he said or not.
December 4th, 2021 at 9:47:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: odiousgambit

So the trigger thing is likely going to a demonstration with the actual gun. They'll either be able to demonstrate the gun can fire like he said or not.
I listened to 24 minutes of the full interview, up to the point where they are no longer talking about what happened. From the way he talks about cocking the gun, the hammer was not pulled back far enough to cock. He let the hammer go and the gun fired.

He was pointing it directly at her for a technical reason, and the hammer partially pulled back was for a technical reason, the director wanting just that, a scene where a gun is drawn and the hammer is partially pulled back, or in the process of being pulled back. And the director, the woman who got shot, needed to be right next to a monitor in the line of fire unavoidably... if she was going to see what the camera saw.

In other words, a confluence of extraordinary circumstances just right to get this woman killed.

I'm not comfortable with this.

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 5th, 2021 at 9:12:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
CNN Fires Fredo!

‘Additional Info’ Uncovered

Sex Misconduct Claim

Now both of them are gone forever a disgraced couple of sexual perverts. Good riddance,
It was only yesterday that one of them was talking about running for president and the other
one was going to run for mayor of New York City. Now they get to sit around and talk to themselves.
Lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.