In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 21st, 2022 at 6:32:32 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
It has been overrun and turned to a city that is no longer American but Mexican. It is proof of replacement theory for that matter.

So because you don't like the demographic make up, despite it being one of the safest cities in the U.S. , it's no longer American?

Does a city need rampant gun crime to be considered an American City?
June 21st, 2022 at 10:39:20 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
So because you don't like the demographic make up, despite it being one of the safest cities in the U.S. , it's no longer American?

Does a city need rampant gun crime to be considered an American City?

You realize that ‘illegal on illegal’ crime is vastly underreported? The victim is afraid to report for fear of the INS. So largely illegal filled cities will have a falsely low crime rate. Hence El Paso.
Crime rates are to a large part under an individual’s control. There are areas in Buffalo that are more dangerous by far than the Russian-Ukrainian border. If you avoid those areas you are very safe. Heck, my suburb has won ‘safest city in America’ type awards. 10 miles from ‘most dangerous area’ in America.

I know of no one here legally who would move to El Paso. Do you?
June 21st, 2022 at 11:04:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

You couldn’t pay me to move anywhere in TX, even Austin.

I prefer states with a functioning power grid.

I do like Dr. Pepper though. I only recently learned about Texans’ obsession with Dr. Pepper.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 21st, 2022 at 11:10:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
You realize that ‘illegal on illegal’ crime is vastly underreported? The victim is afraid to report for fear of the INS. So largely illegal filled cities will have a falsely low crime rate. Hence El Paso.
Crime rates are to a large part under an individual’s control. There are areas in Buffalo that are more dangerous by far than the Russian-Ukrainian border. If you avoid those areas you are very safe. Heck, my suburb has won ‘safest city in America’ type awards. 10 miles from ‘most dangerous area’ in America.

Murder cannot be covered up, if somebody is discovered dead in an obvious homicide, it's a murder (even if never caught). This is not somebody being afraid to report a sexual assault.

Though that is also speculative, we can only go with numbers that we know. Assuming there are some unreported crimes, because there in your view is more illegal aliens, I don't know how anyone can prove that....

As for El Paso being a "largely illegal" city, that is just absurd.

I'd live in Texas, El Paso would not be my top City, but I would consider living there (Austin, Houstin, and San Antonio would be above it). I'd probably live in El Paso over Dallas though. It's not my top destination, but I don't have an irrational fear of it, and it can be fun.

I never once had an issue of danger or even a fear at any point in El Paso.
June 21st, 2022 at 11:23:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I visited EL Paso
Checked out downtown and the park by the bridge
It's not much of a city and I wouldn't move there
But
I felt pretty safe walking around the areas I visited
I never got the impression I was in dangerous territory
Just another depressed town in the USA
By the way
Walked around downtown Detroit today
I felt pretty safe overall
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 21st, 2022 at 11:44:09 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
Walked around downtown Detroit today
I felt pretty safe overall

Downtown Detroit is extremely safe.

It’s the outskirts you have to worry about.
June 21st, 2022 at 12:09:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:

Elon Musk’s daughter revealed that she wants to sever all ties with her father in court documents that were filed in April.
Shortly after her 18th birthday, the teenager submitted a petition for a change of name, a recognition of change of gender, and the issuance of a new birth certificate.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2022 at 1:25:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Downtown Detroit is extremely safe.

It’s the outskirts you have to worry about.

Like American Jewelry and loan neighborhood?
I checked it out
As soon as I got off the highway, sketchy
Real sketchy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 21st, 2022 at 1:43:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
An Austrian man who had sex abroad caught a new strain of so-called "super gonorrhea" that is resistant to most antibiotics commonly used to treat the infection, scientists have said.

This is the second time a "super gonorrhea" strain has been detected, after another was found in 2018 in multiple countries. The term "super gonorrhea" refers to a bug that has a high level of resistance to current recommended treatments, according to the World Health Organization.

If multi-drug resistant strains of gonorrhea keep spreading, many cases of the STD might become untreatable, according to the authors of a case report published on Thursday in the medical journal Eurosurveillance, which is published by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

Most cases of gonorrhea don't produce symptoms, but can still cause serious complications such as infertility if it is not possible to treat the infection. Symptoms include discharge and pain when a person pees, and painful testicles or irregular vaginal bleeding.

Typical cause of "super" VD is people quitting their antibiotics when they feel better instead of finishing the entire prescription. That's how you breed the superbugs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 22nd, 2022 at 5:41:38 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: @CBCAlerts
BREAKING NEWS: Canada's inflation rate climbs to 7.7 per cent, largest yearly increase since January 1983.

DAMN YOU, BIDEN!!!