In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 23rd, 2022 at 5:17:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Never saw a snake
Only saw gators on a golf course or when I went kayaking on a river

I have seen alligators on golf courses in Florida, but I haven't been golfing since I moved here.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 23rd, 2022 at 5:42:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I have seen alligators on golf courses in Florida, but I haven't been golfing since I moved here.

Today would have been a good day for golf...for Satan. HOT.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 23rd, 2022 at 5:54:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

Best time to go
Have the whole course to yourself
Play at whatever pace you want
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 23rd, 2022 at 7:01:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Best time to go
Have the whole course to yourself
Play at whatever pace you want

I'm done with the days of playing in extreme weather. I've played into thunderstorms, freezing cold, and even snow,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 23rd, 2022 at 7:51:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
I have been in Florida now for six months and still have not seen a snake or alligator outside of the Everglades. I was kind of expecting to see one in the neighborhood as there is a canal right across the street from me.

How many rattle snakes did you see in Vegas?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 24th, 2022 at 3:55:32 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
President Biden sent a cabinet member to the meeting at the WH with oil executives.

President Biden, with his little piece of paper telling him exactly what to do, went to the meeting with folks from the renewable energy sector.

He (and the Sec of Energy) should have been present at both meetings.

He has no intention of taking any real action to help us keep enough oil flowing to get us to the renewable future with gas prices that work for the common folk.

He is an elitist. Well, the puppet masters are elitists. Who knows what he is…

The funny thing is that other elitists will say that they are alright even with the economy near recession. That is not a valid point—it is not about you—the people who aren’t as well off are suffering. I guess I could say how great I am doing, too, in answer to his damaging policies…but it isn’t all about me. Or you. It is about running a country and helping people move forward.
June 24th, 2022 at 4:10:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I have a suspicion that Biden never planned to run for a second term. Someone has talked him into doing what he views as the tough decisions like pulling out of Afghanistan, and taking the heat for it. Of course we know he tends to do things in the worst way possible even if you agree with what he wants to do

In the case of forcing the country to go to renewables, he is listening to the radical environmentalists, who want what they want so bad they don't care about the humanity of it. Another example of "worst way possible"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 24th, 2022 at 5:14:48 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Does as he's told.

"Biden holds notes that read 'YOU enter the Roosevelt Room,' 'YOU take YOUR seat"

Even had to direct him to 'thank the participants'.

Should have added, 'Don't hold this up to the camera'.
June 24th, 2022 at 5:37:21 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tanko

Does as he's told.

"Biden holds notes that read 'YOU enter the Roosevelt Room,' 'YOU take YOUR seat"

Even had to direct him to 'thank the participants'.

Should have added, 'Don't hold this up to the camera'.

I am sure there is some level of direction given for every event to every President. They meet a lot of people. A protocol officer is often (maybe always) in receiving lines identifying people for the President. Events are time sensitive and most Presidents follow a schedule that is timed out to get everything done. This President seems to need more stage direction than others and should also know that it is a bad look to show the note to everyone. Just adds to the questions about how much he can do on his own.

It is kind of like kayfabe in wrestling…we want to think everything is real and the combatants are battling it out. Instead, the outcome is predetermined but we don’t want to know it. I want to think our President—any President—is competent to handle events with ease. We know that may not be true. We just don’t want or need to see an inability to do so.

If your mental acuity is a point of contention, don’t help prove it…
June 24th, 2022 at 6:35:33 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

I spent 30 years in Las Vegas. Florida does not get hot.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.