In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 7th, 2022 at 3:08:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
My brother in law was handicapped and he would call the police or tow truck every time he saw a car parked there without a placard. I probably saw him do it 50 times.
Good on him! I've seen in Phoenix there have been quite a few law suits either for a business not posting signs at the right height, or not enough for their customers. I think some were using it as a money maker?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 7th, 2022 at 3:14:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm always parked in the outskirts of a lot. Have a pickup. Generally look for the closest area with 3 open spots and easily pull into the middle spot:-) Will walk further for shade spot if hot outside
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2022 at 1:35:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Johnny Depp Verdict Thrown Into Chaos As Wrong Juror Seated In Virginia Trial, Amber Heard Says; Wants New Trial

Quote:
According to the filing, there are two individuals residing at the same address with “the same last name.” One of them is a 77-year old the other a 52-year old. The former was the one being summoned, but it looks like the latter was the one who showed up

If that’s true, seems like she’s definitely got a case.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2022 at 2:11:14 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Indeed.

One reason it is necessary to have accurate info about prospective jurors is so that appropriate background investigation can be done about them all prior to voir dire (questioning prospective jurors to see who you like and don't like).

It will be interesting to see what the court does with this rather unique situation, one I've never seen come up before.
July 8th, 2022 at 2:32:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Indeed.

One reason it is necessary to have accurate info about prospective jurors is so that appropriate background investigation can be done about them all prior to voir dire (questioning prospective jurors to see who you like and don't like).

It will be interesting to see what the court does with this rather unique situation, one I've never seen come up before.

I think the case will stand
Both sides approved the juror
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2022 at 3:21:29 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: terapined
I think the case will stand
Both sides approved the juror

BUT (and it's a big but) the juror they approved was not the one summoned, the one whose background info was available prior to voir dire.

That's like picking up a chick in a bar, banging her, then finding out it was a tranny.
July 8th, 2022 at 3:34:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
I see that Musk is trying to bail on buying Twitter.

LOL

Sure, I'd try to bail too given the fact that the stock has sunk like a rock in a pond.

see: https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2022/07/elon-musk-seeks-to-terminate-44-billion-bid-for-twitter.html
July 8th, 2022 at 3:35:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
I see that Musk is trying to bail on buying Twitter.

LOL

Sure, I'd try to bail too given the fact that the stock has sunk like a rock in a pond.

see: https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2022/07/elon-musk-seeks-to-terminate-44-billion-bid-for-twitter.html

Probably found out how much of it is bots. He can get back to building cars with the ugliest dashboard ever.
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2022 at 4:41:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Hopefully Elon is willing to pay the $1 billion he owes Twitter for exiting the agreement he made.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2022 at 11:17:41 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Hopefully Elon is willing to pay the $1 billion he owes Twitter for exiting the agreement he made.

Why would you even say that? If they breached the terms, Twit deserves the outcome.