In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 9th, 2022 at 2:51:32 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Musk claimed there is 'some chance' the actual number of fake accounts on Twitter “might be over 90% of daily active users.”

He wants the SEC to investigate Twitter, for claiming in SEC filings that only about 5% of their users are fake.

Highly unlikely the democrat controlled U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, will do that.
July 9th, 2022 at 5:37:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tanko
Musk claimed there is 'some chance' the actual number of fake accounts on Twitter “might be over 90% of daily active users.”

He wants the SEC to investigate Twitter, for claiming in SEC filings that only about 5% of their users are fake.

Highly unlikely the democrat controlled U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, will do that.

I am not sure what made him enter the agreement supposedly without the ability to do due diligence. He also made some public statements some thought might be out of bounds and influence stock prices. I don’t know that going to court works for either one of them, so he may pay the billion dollars or settle for a lesser amount. It would be kind of interesting to see all the true numbers in open court…
July 9th, 2022 at 9:30:46 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: RonC

I am not sure what made him enter the agreement supposedly without the ability to do due diligence. He also made some public statements some thought might be out of bounds and influence stock prices. I don’t know that going to court works for either one of them, so he may pay the billion dollars or settle for a lesser amount. It would be kind of interesting to see all the true numbers in open court…

They will both come to an agreement at a lower price.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 11th, 2022 at 11:19:58 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Herschel Walker had some……. thoughts….. on the climate.

https://twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status/1546476045112676352?s=21&t=K8tWCYqe__VAjsp2v8SdmQ

I almost feel bad for him.

Almost.

I know Dems aren’t usually lucky, but imagine if they keep the Senate this year because of Donny’s terrible endorsements in GA and PA…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 11th, 2022 at 4:30:37 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Two arrested in NYC with 150 lbs of crystal meth. Street value $1.5 million.

Thanks to the 'no jail' signed by Cuomo, both of the accused were released within a day of their arrests.

No doubt they will show up for their trials in a few years. In the meantime, they are free to transport tons more meth into the city and the worst that can happen to them is they will have to wait a few hours in Central Booking before being released to transport more meth into the city.

'ESTRADA and SANTOS were arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court on Wednesday, July 6 and Saturday, July 9, 2022 respectively. Both were released on supervised release.'

'Under current New York State law, neither man could be charged with a bail eligible offense. Methamphetamine is categorized as a controlled substance, but not a narcotic drug. Regardless of the amount of methamphetamine involved, and regardless of a defendant’s lack of connections to New York State, under current law judges may not set bail on cases involving the possession of only methamphetamine.'
July 11th, 2022 at 4:53:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Two arrested in NYC with 150 lbs of crystal meth. Street value $1.5 million.

Thanks to the 'no jail' signed by Cuomo, both of the accused were released within a day of their arrests.

No doubt they will show up for their trials in a few years. In the meantime, they are free to transport tons more meth into the city and the worst that can happen to them is they will have to wait a few hours in Central Booking before being released to transport more meth into the city.

Eh, depends on how the drug cartel boss feels about losing all those drugs. Their lives may not be worth crap at the moment.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 11th, 2022 at 5:35:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
Eh, depends on how the drug cartel boss feels about losing all those drugs. Their lives may not be worth crap at the moment.

I disagree.

So long as they didn't do a double cross, and so long as they followed instructions they'll be OK.

Dealers factor drug busts in as a cost of doing business.

But if they snitch..."lights out."
July 11th, 2022 at 5:41:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
I disagree.

So long as they didn't do a double cross, and so long as they followed instructions they'll be OK.

Dealers factor drug busts in as a cost of doing business.

But if they snitch..."lights out."

Well there's always a possibility, DEA is using their release to help them track these guys back to the bigger fish.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 11th, 2022 at 6:24:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Couldn’t help but laugh at this one…

DeSantis called her up to ask where she got that top at.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 12th, 2022 at 10:41:51 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
There are cannons, but then there are...Big Berthas: the biggest "cannons" in the world.