In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 14th, 2022 at 8:56:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
I'm sure Soopoo would probably be willing to make a wager with you if you think it is as likely the Dems will maintain control.

I of course would. I haven’t heard any Dems who even think they still have a chance.
November 15th, 2022 at 2:17:40 AM permalink
Threads: 0
They don't have a chance
November 15th, 2022 at 2:37:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
As his former Vice President Pence just said this weekend about Trump regarding Trump's behavior on Jan 6. "It doesn't take courage to break the law, it takes courage to uphold the law. The Presidents words were reckless. It was clear he decided to be part of the problem."

Yeah, I don't really know if they will indict him, but no one semi-sentient could actually believe in Trump's character as anything but dishonorable and despicable at this point.

The problem was a crooked election. Same as this last one, though it appears they could not make the steal this time at this point. Why people are not questioning that it takes a week to get results all of the sudden is blind to what is happening.

Trump stood up for justice. Establishment did all they could to take him out. Sadly they have so far.
The President is a fink.
November 15th, 2022 at 2:54:22 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
NYT earnings down 18%. Meta’s profit down 50%. Google profits down 27%. CNN prime time down 70%.

Social media and liberal media have taken it on the chin since Trump left office.

They have to be hoping he runs again.

He remains popular with Republicans, but he doesn't stand a chance in 2024.

"When it comes to general-election candidates endorsed by Trump, the former president’s win rate is relatively high: at least 68% on the Senate side, with four races yet to be decided, and at least 87% on the House side, with 12 outstanding races."

Dave Chappelle Explains Donald Trump
November 15th, 2022 at 4:15:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

"When it comes to general-election candidates endorsed by Trump, the former president’s win rate is relatively high: at least 68% on the Senate side, with four races yet to be decided, and at least 87% on the House side, with 12 outstanding races

Meaningless
He endorsed a lot of incumbents like DeSantis
How is his record on non incumbents
Probably sucks big time
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 15th, 2022 at 5:01:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
She ran to win.

No she did not
John McCain Republicans could have taken her over the finish line.
Instead she told them to go to hell. I kid you not.
Everybody knows just Trumpers won't take you accross the finish line. Need ALL republicans
Is she that stupid or she did not want to win.
You picking stupid :-)
She lost by the way
I doubt she will concede
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 15th, 2022 at 5:26:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
No she did not
John McCain Republicans could have taken her over the finish line.
Instead she told them to go to hell. I kid you not.
Everybody knows just Trumpers won't take you accross the finish line. Need ALL republicans
Is she that stupid or she did not want to win.
You picking stupid :-)
She lost by the way
I doubt she will concede

I’m picking ‘that stupid’. She will never concede. Give me 100-1 and I’ll take her as next Mrs. Trump after the Don dumps Melania.
November 15th, 2022 at 6:03:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO
I of course would. I haven’t heard any Dems who even think they still have a chance.
we can bet when I think it is more likely, not 'just as likely' ... 215 to 220 acc to source ... mind, one seat gained by the Dems in the meantime is one seat taken away from the Reps.

my source keeps saying the margin of error is 4 seats. If I had more confidence in the source...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/08/midterm-elections-2022-live-updates.html
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 15th, 2022 at 11:47:58 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: odiousgambit
we can bet when I think it is more likely, not 'just as likely' ... 215 to 220 acc to source ... mind, one seat gained by the Dems in the meantime is one seat taken away from the Reps.

my source keeps saying the margin of error is 4 seats. If I had more confidence in the source...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/08/midterm-elections-2022-live-updates.html

That article is from a week ago….
November 15th, 2022 at 3:11:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Hybrid cars and midsize and large sedans were found to be among the most reliable vehicles based on models from 2000 to 2022 and a few early 2023 model years, while electric vehicles and full-size pickups had the lowest average reliability scores. 

“With today's inflated car prices, people are keeping their vehicles longer than ever," said Jake Fisher, senior director of automotive testing at Consumer Reports, in a release. "A hybrid can provide years of trouble-free miles, and they are a good defense against rising fuel prices.”

He said top-rated hybrids offer reliability, better fuel economy and lower maintenance costs without giving up acceleration or a ride that is quiet and comfortable. 
Top-performing hybrids include the 2023 Lexus NX, the 2023 Ford Maverick and the 2023 Toyota Corolla.

More than 1 in every 3 prospective buyers (36%) are considering a hybrid as their next car or truck purchase, up from 29% in 2019, according to Consumer Reports.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?