In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 26th, 2023 at 5:04:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: odiousgambit
gotta love the spin on the story the headline gives, a banning not of critical race theory but "af/am studies" LOL. Of course that spin worked for the ill-informed dynamic duo here, Pot Pie* and Terrapin Ed. Wait, what am I saying, they would love the content of that course!

* good think he didn't choose 'Potroast'

Interestingly, the people who make these AP class curricula are AGREEING with DeSantis, and will be altering the course to be educational instead of indoctrinational! I am sure this part of the story will get 1% of the coverage that ‘DeSantis is against Black History’ stories get on MSNBC, CNN, etc…..

If you don’t like DeSantis, vote him out. Oh wait, he just crushed it in his last election. I take that to mean Floridians agree with what he is doing….So will Americans…..
January 26th, 2023 at 5:47:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: odiousgambit
gotta love the spin on the story the headline gives, a banning not of critical race theory but "af/am studies" LOL. Of course that spin worked for the ill-informed dynamic duo here, Pot Pie* and Terrapin Ed. Wait, what am I saying, they would love the content of that course!

* good think he didn't choose 'Potroast'

Interestingly, the people who make these AP class curricula are AGREEING with DeSantis, and will be altering the course to be educational instead of indoctrinational! I am sure this part of the story will get 1% of the coverage that ‘DeSantis is against Black History’ stories get on MSNBC, CNN, etc…..

If you don’t like DeSantis, vote him out. Oh wait, he just crushed it in his last election. I take that to mean Floridians agree with what he is doing….So will Americans…..

High schools should not be censored
This is just a political stunt just like the BS don't say gay law. This course will be taught across the country. Just not in censored Florida.
The horror of students made aware of the reparations issue. To discuss an issue is not indoctrination. I'm against reparations. I'm certainly not against students discussing this issue.
The right thinks the left exists due to indoctrination.
It's such complete BS
Desantis is against Black History
Even if changes are made, he will still be against
Desantis thinks the US was a world leader against slavery and that's why he hates this course.
He wants to push BS. He actually thinks nobody was going against slavery prior to the revolutionary War. It's complete BS.
https://www.revolutionarywarjournal.com/wrong-governor-desantis-fact-millions-had-questioned-slavery-prior-to-the-american-revolution/

I'm still waiting for a Omar quote. You drag her through the mud with absolutely no evidence. How can she be anti semite when a massive group of NY Orthodox Jews are completely against Israel????????????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 26th, 2023 at 6:18:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Google House resolution 241 for the 116th Congress. It delineates a plethora of anti Semitic comments she made. Heck, even freaking NANCY PELOSI recognized them as anti Semitic! She and the Republicans just differed in the punishment Omar should receive. If you can try and argue this after reading those examples it just shows you have an agenda that trumps the truth, and continuing this debate is useless. Let’s wait and see if 5 Republican House members will vote to allow her onto the committee. It’s up to 2 already. I’ll bet she makes the committee.
January 26th, 2023 at 6:32:23 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
The link is from back in April.

Desantis signed a bill banning the teaching of certain concepts in race relations.

He wants only a very limited kind of teaching about racism.

Hey, how about we ban schools from teaching about how we attacked Vietnam!!!!
Or make them say how essential attacking Vietnam was.

Yes, here is a summary of a curriculum Desantis would like:

"By attacking Vietnam the U.S. prevented a Communist takeover of the United States.
It was a very successful campaign because as is evident; the Communists did not takeover America."

Hardy har har

https://www.wptv.com/news/education/floridas-governor-to-sign-critical-race-theory-education-bill-into-law
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
January 26th, 2023 at 6:41:55 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
Google House resolution 241 for the 116th Congress.

It never mentions her
Politicians dont mean jack to me. They are too political :-)
Lets cut to the chase
Give me a quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think she will make the committee but it will be close
One republican fell off his ladder so he cant vote
Could have under Dem rules but cant under Mcarthy rules :-)
A couple of Dem jewish congress members have not said how they will vote
Curious, are there any republican Jewish members of congress?
If she truly supported violence, I would condemm her in a nano second
but
I just dont see that
I see her having the same views as NY orthodox jews that are against Zionism
Probably not as extreme as this Jewish group
Zionism is controversial even among Jews
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 26th, 2023 at 7:51:06 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
I would like to ask Soopoo if he is on board with right's position on guns.
Which I believe is in accordance with NRA's position which can be summarized as such:

Guns are great, the more the better.

Gun laws are terrible, the less the better.
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
January 26th, 2023 at 8:21:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: PotPie
I would like to ask Soopoo if he is on board with right's position on guns.
Which I believe is in accordance with NRA's position which can be summarized as such:

Guns are great, the more the better.

Gun laws are terrible, the less the better.

I am not sure how I feel. As a concept, I like the government not telling me what to do as much as possible. But I do depend on it for securing the safety of the populace. If somehow all the non hunting firearms disappeared I would not be unhappy. But I have some good friends who are gun owners and I want their right to own them protected.

What I HATE is the trope that we need better ‘background checks’ before you can buy a gun. Marijuana possession 40 years ago? No gun. You beat the shit out of your wife but no conviction? Gun. DWI 20 years ago? No gun. Uses free speech to post that Jews are vermin? Gun. Even murkier…. Prescribed Zoloft for mild depression (like tens of millions..) gun? No gun?

In summary, I’m all over the place on the issue.
January 26th, 2023 at 3:00:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I own one small handgun but I haven't had any bullets in the last five years.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 26th, 2023 at 3:52:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
A dog has shot and killed a 30-year-old man in the front seat of a car after it stepped on a hunting rifle lying in the back seat, Kansas authorities said. The victim, Joseph Smith, was in the front passenger seat at the time of the shooting, which unfolded while he and another man were on a hunting trip, according to the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office.

"The stock of the gun was in the back seat, and the barrel was laying on the console facing the victim," Sumner County Undersheriff Mike Westmoreland told ABC News via email.

According to police, the dog's major concern was when was dinner.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-shot-dead-after-dog-steps-on-hunting-rifle/ar-AA16MlvQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=12a9b379b6944ed99bfd5ed3a9b5ccfd
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 26th, 2023 at 5:06:00 PM permalink
terapined
When I 1st saw this I laughed. You killed your kids you sicko.
Then I read the article
She has a case
She wants a speedy trial and has a right to one
She's been in jail for 3 years
Maybe the state of Idaho totally dropped the ball

East Idaho News: Lori Daybell says her constitutional rights have been ignored and wants case dismissed.
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/01/lori-daybell-says-her-constitutional-rights-have-been-ignored-and-wants-her-case-dismissed/