In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 28th, 2023 at 7:04:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: anti-trans people are pure evil. Absolutely no redeeming quality in any of them.

MTG is a sick woman.

I mean, other than the Left suggesting that certain mental illnesses should foreclose someone from owning a firearm, sure.

MTG is an incredibly stupid woman. I'm honestly sick of hearing from her with her constant trolling. Same with many on the left. I hope she walks in front of a bus---closed casket.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 28th, 2023 at 7:06:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
So it is reported. I don't think it's coincidence that anit-transphobia happens also happens to be at a high point either in society. As far as I can tell, the trans people didn't initiate the anti-transphobia by doing anything other than being too visible in society.

So, I'm guessing this person cracked. So, now people are dead.

It's okay. It was at a Christian school, so I am sure they all went to that place that probably doesn't exist. In any case, they'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 28th, 2023 at 7:13:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So it is reported. I don't think it's coincidence that anit-transphobia happens also happens to be at a high point either in society. As far as I can tell, the trans people didn't initiate the anti-transphobia by doing anything other than being too visible in society.

So, I'm guessing this person cracked. So, now people are dead.

Dang I need a proofreader. Should be either anti-trans, or transphobia, Also, double use of "happens."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2023 at 7:35:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
It's okay. It was at a Christian school, so I am sure they all went to that place that probably doesn't exist. In any case, they'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

There's a whole segment of society of men who are angry their parents had them circumcised as a baby. We need to protect children from that.

All the children growing up in cults need to be protected from their parent's stupid decision to warp their minds.

I assume all the anti-vaccine people want children protected from vaccines, not just their own. What kind of stupid person would only care about their own children being safe from harm?

Of course, we need to protect all those unborn children known as a clump of cells from any sort of abortion. As they are just as important as an adult. Proof: proof is if you steal $100 from me, that $100, has a lot of potential in the next 40 years, so I should be compensated at that value not $100. $100 is worth the same as it would be 40 years, so the logic is obvious it is the same value and needs to be protected. Same as a women should be forced to carry and give birth to a live child.

Probably need to protect children who follow any fake gods or atheism. Only one true god. So obvious, I shouldn't even have to say it. They could end up in a not great place if not at least baptized. Who would allow that except evil people? "according to church catechisms, or teachings, babies that haven't been splashed with holy water bear the original sin, which makes them ineligible for joining God in heaven."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2023 at 7:57:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
There's a whole segment of society of men who are angry their parents had them circumcised as a baby. We need to protect children from that.

All the children growing up in cults need to be protected from their parent's stupid decision to warp their minds.

I assume all the anti-vaccine people want children protected from vaccines, not just their own. What kind of stupid person would only care about their own children being safe from harm?

Of course, we need to protect all those unborn children known as a clump of cells from any sort of abortion. As they are just as important as an adult. Proof: proof is if you steal $100 from me, that $100, has a lot of potential in the next 40 years, so I should be compensated at that value not $100. $100 is worth the same as it would be 40 years, so the logic is obvious it is the same value and needs to be protected. Same as a women should be forced to carry and give birth to a live child.

Probably need to protect children who follow any fake gods or atheism. Only one true god. So obvious, I shouldn't even have to say it. They could end up in a not great place if not at least baptized. Who would allow that except evil people? "according to church catechisms, or teachings, babies that haven't been splashed with holy water bear the original sin, which makes them ineligible for joining God in heaven."

I don't know. I guess. Why? I'm cut...never really thought much about it.

I agree with you on a moral basis, but The Constitution allows for religious freedoms with a strong socio-political erring to not doing anything that would infringe upon those. I really don't know what you could do about it.

Besides, parents can indoctrinate their kids into anything. I probably indoctrinate mine into not really G'ingAF about most things without even realizing that I'm doing it. As much as I try to avoid it--I think it would be difficult to articulate my philosophy on things without at least a little of it rubbing off on the poor, um, I don't know---insert a flattering term people use to describe their kids. I think that one of the following two things will happen:

A.) Kids will grow up to mirror the point of view of whatever they are surrounded by.

B.) Kids will grow up to reject that, strive to do the exact opposite of that in early adulthood, then typically arrive somewhere in the middle.

Of course, I was never raised to be religious. Not strictly speaking. I went to churches as a social sort of thing with my friends when I was a kid, I observed, I listened...I came to understand the hidden logic behind all of it...and that's more of the social engineering type logic...most of the rank-and-file would be too g0DD@mn stupid to actually understand---and I found contempt for all of it. I hold nothing but hatred and disdain for many denominations of Christianity to this day and nothing they can do will ever replace that utter contempt with something else. It's only recently that I have come around enough to exclude a handful of denominations from my general vitriol.

Anyway, when it comes to the spirit of the, "Separation of church and state," at least as Jefferson would have it---and he WAS LIVING during the time, after all---the Christians haven't really been keeping their end of the bargain.

Still, thoughts and prayers for the departed. Nothing more, nothing less. Hell, I don't even pray for most victims...but I'll sit here and pretend that I'm not, in all probability, just talking to myself for ten seconds for them.

The only thing tough to abide is the poor children. I sincerely mean that. If it had just been the adults I wouldn't care in the slightest. About time they actually be the victims in a hate crime...would prefer no hate crimes at all, of course.
March 28th, 2023 at 8:41:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
I don't know. I guess. Why? I'm cut...never really thought much about it.

I agree with you on a moral basis, but The Constitution allows for religious freedoms with a strong socio-political erring to not doing anything that would infringe upon those. I really don't know what you could do about it.

Besides, parents can indoctrinate their kids into anything. I probably indoctrinate mine into not really G'ingAF about most things without even realizing that I'm doing it. As much as I try to avoid it--I think it would be difficult to articulate my philosophy on things without at least a little of it rubbing off on the poor, um, I don't know---insert a flattering term people use to describe their kids. I think that one of the following two things will happen:

A.) Kids will grow up to mirror the point of view of whatever they are surrounded by.

B.) Kids will grow up to reject that, strive to do the exact opposite of that in early adulthood, then typically arrive somewhere in the middle.

Of course, I was never raised to be religious. Not strictly speaking. I went to churches as a social sort of thing with my friends when I was a kid, I observed, I listened...I came to understand the hidden logic behind all of it...and that's more of the social engineering type logic...most of the rank-and-file would be too g0DD@mn stupid to actually understand---and I found contempt for all of it. I hold nothing but hatred and disdain for many denominations of Christianity to this day and nothing they can do will ever replace that utter contempt with something else. It's only recently that I have come around enough to exclude a handful of denominations from my general vitriol.

Anyway, when it comes to the spirit of the, "Separation of church and state," at least as Jefferson would have it---and he WAS LIVING during the time, after all---the Christians haven't really been keeping their end of the bargain.

Still, thoughts and prayers for the departed. Nothing more, nothing less. Hell, I don't even pray for most victims...but I'll sit here and pretend that I'm not, in all probability, just talking to myself for ten seconds for them.

The only thing tough to abide is the poor children. I sincerely mean that. If it had just been the adults I wouldn't care in the slightest. About time they actually be the victims in a hate crime...would prefer no hate crimes at all, of course.

Even if someone has personally been through something, I don't know that it makes one capable of making supreme commandments about the exact nature of of what someone else's experience is going to be for another person. You even hear some people say that even if something was a terrible experience, they came out of it a better person. Then other's claim the same experience ruined them for life. Or some will say they'd never send their worst enemy through something, but it still made them a better person or again, it ruined them for life. You get all manner of responses.

I have no problem with counseling for minors. I'd prefer it to be balanced, not formatted to work one side or another. In abortion it's problematic when you're limiting abortion to just the couple weeks after realization someone is pregnant. You can afford more extended counseling for transition surgery or medications.
Counseling should focus on pros and cons of actual people and actual changes. If you can't agree on a balanced approach, then allow different sides to participate.

Counseling can be offered to adults, but shouldn't be mandatory at all. They're adults whether transition ideas or abortion, or other things.
March 28th, 2023 at 8:45:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
We need to close this thread before it tanks the board again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 28th, 2023 at 8:54:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
We need to close this thread before it tanks the board again.

I didn't even notice the thread had reopened when I posted. We probably should retire this monster thread anyway. Will post in new one next time.
April 4th, 2023 at 8:39:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
A right-wing Italian lawmaker wants to pass a law that will ban the use of English in official documents, prompting hefty fines for those who don't comply.

Whata you know, just a different brand of conservative "purification" lawmaking. Only now it's that dirty foreigner English contaminating the official language.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-proposed-law-bans-english-in-italy-and-violators-could-face-hefty-fines/ar-AA19t4NS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=828a7c0416e44789a437faf41796eab2&ei=14

With current technology, it's not a big deal to instantly translate from different languages. Probably will get even easier with new AI.
April 8th, 2023 at 7:22:26 PM permalink
rxwine
A Texas jury convicted Army Sgt. Daniel Perry of murdering a protester. A day later, the governor says they got it wrong.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-texas-jury-convicted-army-sgt-daniel-perry-of-murdering-a-protester-a-day-later-the-governor-says-they-got-it-wrong/ar-AA19DcnD?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b46fa196ae5645d1b4732936cfcc2ddc&ei=15

“Might Have to Kill a Few People”
And other texts that suggest Daniel Perry intended to commit murder at a Black Lives Matter demonstration

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2023-04-07/might-have-to-kill-a-few-people/