In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 8th, 2017 at 9:53:31 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
No. This thread was designed for misc items that might or might not have legs for more than a few posts. Like the leasing a dog thing.

Trump is POTUS and has his own threads, so Trump items should be posted there so as to avoid hijacking this thread, which everyone seems to like for the variety.
It reminds me of one time I went out to eat Chinese food. Probably between the two of us, there must have been close to ten different items. Chow Mein, rice, Egg foo young, lots of stuff, and all of it good except....every single item had Broccoli in it. I even like Broccoli, but not in every single bite of every single dish. I had to ask them if Broccoli was on sale.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 8th, 2017 at 11:12:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
Snowflake- This thread is often about politics: Trump, Obama, Clinton you name it. The very first post on this thread was about Benghazi.

Snowflake- It's going to be ok. This thread can survive a few posts about healthcare.

Nothing "snowflake" at all. Just asking to show some class and put posts where they belong.
The President is a fink.
March 8th, 2017 at 1:41:01 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
A good first step would be to quit making people buy things they don't want or need. My policy would surely be cheaper without maternity coverage I will never use and substance abuse coverage I do not want. Plenty of folk will surely prefer a more bare bones plan but with a HSA component.

Best part for the GOP is Obamacare is such a disaster there are many easy improvements.

Snowflake- Please don't post anything about government healthcare on the "In The News Today" thread. It belongs in another thread.

Just asking to show some class and put posts where they belong.
March 8th, 2017 at 1:43:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Snowflake- Please don't post anything about government healthcare on the "In The News Today" thread. It belongs in another thread.

Just asking to show some class and put posts where they belong.

Where would a post on healthcare belong?
The President is a fink.
March 8th, 2017 at 1:54:12 PM permalink
reno
Where would a post on healthcare belong?

Snowflake- You wrote the quote below in a thread titled "In The News Today."

Like I said, the dopes are the people who think that Trump was going to fly down, give him a bill, and come back with a check. I suspect they are the same dopes who thought Obamacare was their free health care and would cover everyone. Seen the news on that one lately?
March 8th, 2017 at 2:01:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Snowflake- You wrote the quote below in a thread titled "In The News Today."

Looks like a reply to someone else's post. And probably before we had over a dozen Trump threads to choose from.

Also, not sure why you keep using the term "snowflake" for suggesting someone post in the proper thread.
The President is a fink.
March 8th, 2017 at 2:28:52 PM permalink
reno
Looks like a reply to someone else's post. And probably before we had over a dozen Trump threads to choose from.

Also, not sure why you keep using the term "snowflake" for suggesting someone post in the proper thread.

I'm surprised that you would argue that governmental healthcare policy is off-limits for a thread devoted to newsworthy topics.

Here's Evenbob from February 15, 2017:

Quote: Evenbob
The big news today is, Aetna has dropped
from covering 15 states down to 4 states
in Obamacare and announced O-care
is in a 'death spiral'.

This thread is devoted to newsworthy topics, and I don't mind Evenbob discussing governmental healthcare policy here. Do you?
March 8th, 2017 at 2:40:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I'm surprised that you would argue that governmental healthcare policy is off-limits for a thread devoted to newsworthy topics.

Because it was not about healthcare in general, it was a question to conservatives about Trump policy. So it belongs in a Trump thread. That is where Trump discussions belong.
The President is a fink.
March 8th, 2017 at 2:41:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

I thought the Golden Boy threads were for bashing the Golden Boy.

Which doesn't mean such well-deserved bashing should be off-limits here.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 8th, 2017 at 3:05:27 PM permalink
reno
Because it was not about healthcare in general, it was a question to conservatives about Trump policy. So it belongs in a Trump thread. That is where Trump discussions belong.

You're such a sensitive snowflake.

Do you mind if Evenbob discusses Trump's healthcare policy in the "In The News Today" thread?

Quote: Evenbob
Trump Praises Senate for Moving to Repeal and Replace Obamacare, Puts Pressure on the House

"President-elect Donald Trump took to Twitter on Thursday to praise the United States Senate for voting to begin the repeal process on Obamacare, also known as the Affordable Care Act. Trump also put pressure on the United States House of Representatives to follow through with the same."

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Congrats to the Senate for taking the first step to #RepealObamacare- now it's onto the House!
12:41 PM - 12 Jan 2017 · Trump Tower