In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 21st, 2017 at 10:32:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
Once upon a time, medieval armies laying siege to castles used catapults to hurl rocks at the walls. Now, drug smugglers laying siege to America are using the ancient devices to hurl fentanyl across the Mexican border.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fentanyl-crisis-smugglers-are-catapulting-drugs-u-s-lawmaker-n736461
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 21st, 2017 at 10:57:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fentanyl-crisis-smugglers-are-catapulting-drugs-u-s-lawmaker-n736461

<facepalm>

For all I know, drug smugglers may use catapults (rather than drones). But that's far from a siege.

A siege is when you surround an enemy city (not a country), with armed forces so they cannot receive supplies, or be reinforced, and will therefore be starved into submission. No one has ever laid siege to a country, or could be capable of doing so. There have been blockades to prevent supplies from arriving by sea, and some have been successful.

Seriously, if a few drug smugglers can lay siege to America, then you have bigger problems than drug addiction to worry about.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 22nd, 2017 at 6:49:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Well we now have a case of voter fraud
A conservative talk show host and former chairman of CO republican party that complained about Dem voter fraud is now being charged with voter fraud
He tried to get the judge to put a gag order on the case because its so embarrassing to him. Judge refused. lol

His ex wife wants to vote
She moved from Colorado to SC
She checks with Colorado and they tell her she has already voted
She has a WTF moment because she did not vote
Well her ex forged her signature on vote by mail and sent it in

http://kdvr.com/2017/03/21/former-colorado-gop-chairman-charged-with-voter-fraud/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 22nd, 2017 at 9:51:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Eastern European phising scam nets ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS from two of the biggest silicon valley companies.
/.
March 27th, 2017 at 3:53:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Oakland Raiders get NFL’s approval to move to Las Vegas

Amazing--I never thought I would see this day. The league that hates betting on its games moves to Vegas.

I don't know how good or bad life on the ground is in Vegas that the city can spend $1.9MMM. It remains to be seen if ownership will make a winning team or a jobber team for tourists to see an easy win for their team.
The President is a fink.
March 27th, 2017 at 4:02:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Oakland Raiders get NFL’s approval to move to Las Vegas

Amazing--I never thought I would see this day. The league that hates betting on its games moves to Vegas.

I don't know how good or bad life on the ground is in Vegas that the city can spend $1.9MMM. It remains to be seen if ownership will make a winning team or a jobber team for tourists to see an easy win for their team.

In theory the city is only giving $750 million but I'm sure it will be over a billion once all of the infrastructure improvements are considered.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 27th, 2017 at 4:11:58 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
In theory the city is only giving $750 million but I'm sure it will be over a billion once all of the infrastructure improvements are considered.

For a change, a visitor will fleece Vegas :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 28th, 2017 at 9:07:36 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Kelley Bundy turned 45 years old.
March 28th, 2017 at 10:59:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Fleastiff
Kelley Bundy turned 45 years old.

One of the few reasons I tuned in to "Married with Children". I didn't really follow her later on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 29th, 2017 at 4:16:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
One of the few reasons I tuned in to "Married with Children". I didn't really follow her later on.

There was little reason to. Though for a short time in Buffalo I would ask a buddy if we could go to the bar she worked at.
The President is a fink.