In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 20th, 2017 at 6:14:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Apparently after Aaron Hernandez died, because his first conviction was still under appeal, he died un-convicted of any murder.

I don't think so. Until the conviction is overturned or a new trial is ordered, it stands.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 20th, 2017 at 6:58:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Nareed
I don't think so. Until the conviction is overturned or a new trial is ordered, it stands.
Under the common law in the UK and USA, if you die while an appeal is pending, the conviction does NOT stand, you are presumed to not have died a felon.
April 20th, 2017 at 1:33:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
There is now a dispute regarding Aaron Hernandez's brain
Massachusetts' medical examiner's office released the body to the family but not the brain
They say they want to study it
WTF
The family determines who gets the brain and in this case, they made the right decision
They want it turned over to the Boston University's CTE center, which studies chronic traumatic encephalopathy
These are the experts.

Edit
Update
Boston University's CTE center gets the brain :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2017 at 12:54:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
“Friday 21st April 2017 was the first 24-hour period since the 1880s where Great Britain went without coal-fired power stations,” the National Grid control room said in a Twitter post confirming the achievement announced earlier.

The country is getting half of its electricity from gas power plants, 30 percent from renewables and interconnectors and the remainder from nuclear plants, according to Duncan Burt, head of operate the system at National Grid.

The U.K. was an early adopter of renewable energy and has more offshore wind turbines installed than any other country, as well as fields of solar panels with as much capacity at seven nuclear reactors.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/uk-has-first-day-without-relying-on-coal-for-power-since-1880s/ar-BBA74D1?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 22nd, 2017 at 2:04:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Rachel Maddow blames hyperinflation, deaths, rioting, looting and GM plant seizures in Venezuela on single donation of five hundred thousand dollars toTrump's innaugural celebration fund. Venezuela reported as being virtually out of foreign reserves.
April 24th, 2017 at 11:20:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Colorado Newspaper Publishes Letter Calling For Activists To 'Blow Up' Oil & Gas Wells And 'Eliminate' Workers

Of course a newspaper cannot stop receiving this kind of letter, but what kind of paper publishes it?
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2017 at 11:36:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Colorado Newspaper Publishes Letter Calling For Activists To 'Blow Up' Oil & Gas Wells And 'Eliminate' Workers

Of course a newspaper cannot stop receiving this kind of letter, but what kind of paper publishes it?

I believe the Unibomber's manifesto was published in hopes that someone would recognize the writing or sentiments expressed. Not saying the FBI might have pushed for that here, but it's possible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2017 at 4:36:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman

I believe the Unibomber's manifesto was published in hopes that someone would recognize the writing or sentiments expressed. Not saying the FBI might have pushed for that here, but it's possible.

I doubt it is that level. I do not doubt that there are anti-fracking types who think this is OK sentiment to express. The motivation of the newspaper is more in question. Did they want to make the reader look bad or come out anti-fracking? I guess the later.

The funny thing is fracking is decades old tech. 99% of fracking "material" is water. Most of the rest is sand.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2017 at 12:53:20 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Cruise ship on four month maiden voyage was to feature a noted historian who has been a cruise ship lecturer for nearly a decade but his first lecture on Dunkirk angered a few dozen Germans aboard and now his lecture on AnZac Day has been cancelled thus angering the Aussies on board and those in favor of free speech. British ownership.
April 25th, 2017 at 3:56:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
12 people injured in Islington nightclub acid attack. Man from Reality TV program arrested. No apparent reason.