In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 22nd, 2017 at 6:46:57 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: rxwine
There was a guy awhile back that had himself propped up on display after his death for his friends and family.

Not sure I would find that appealing, but I guess it would be memorable.

In 1984 a Chicago drug dealer who went by Willie the Wimp, was displayed at the wheel of a casket modeled after a Coupe DeVille. You may remember the Stevie Ray Vaughan song.

The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
May 22nd, 2017 at 4:11:03 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Beer made with whale testicles smoked with sheep dung. Beer made with goat brains. Beer made with yeast from a brewer's beard. And of course there is that Icelandic beer made from human urine. Beer from a female's er uh, ... beer from a female.

I tell you, there are weird people out there.
CBC.CA
May 22nd, 2017 at 4:23:27 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Fleastiff
Beer made with whale testicles smoked with sheep dung. Beer made with goat brains. Beer made with yeast from a brewer's beard. And of course there is that Icelandic beer made from human urine.

I believe I have had all of those.

1) Pabst
2) Shaefer
3) Milwaukee's Best
4) Blatz
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 22nd, 2017 at 5:31:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
On Fox right now they have the best
eyewitness of all time at the event
in Manchester. He was right there
when the explosion was set off.
Hugely handsome young man, late
20's, charming accent, Tucker kept
him on for at least 15 min. All MS
and CNN had was talking head crap.

It's sad they had to interrupt the 24/7
coverage of the Trump Impeachment
Trial for real news. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:22:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
He was right there when the explosion was set off.
Then he would have been in fragments or atleast deafened temporarily and mentally disoriented, too disoriented to track questions and answers from the media. Too excited to do a fifteen minute gig on camera.
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:44:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
It's sad they had to interrupt the 24/7
coverage of the Trump Impeachment
Trial for real news. lol

What is sad is, it is possible Trump had no collusion with Russia, but he's such a dumbbell he'll probably get himself impeached for obstruction of justice.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 23rd, 2017 at 6:46:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
What is sad is, it is possible Trump had no collusion with Russia, but he's such a dumbbell he'll probably get himself impeached for obstruction of justice.

Ding ding ding!

The cover up could very well be worse than the crime.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 23rd, 2017 at 3:14:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I think it will all blow over.
May 23rd, 2017 at 5:45:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
It used to be that major venues knew how to respond to this sort of thing.
A fire breaks out, a bomb goes off,,, the band stops playing immediately and strikes up the National Anthem which usually slows or stops any stampede. I don't know if the musicians were Americans or not, but in America its known as My Country Tiss of Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty. In the UK its God Save Our Gracious Queen. All the band had to do was start playing it.

Oh for the days of Eddie Foy. When the theater caught fire he told the audience that no one ran out on his act, they walked! And as the flames grew in intensity he remained on the stage and went on with his act. His jacket caught fire, he took it off and went on with his act, his shirt caught fire, he tore it off and went on with his act. He quelled the panic. Why didn't that singer return to the stage? No music needed, no microphone needed.. just walk out there and be seen.

If its an emergency that has not yet become widely known, such as when a band member of the circus in Hartford saw smoke, the signal for 'Show is Over, All Animals to Safety, All Personnel to Disaster Assembly Points' was to break into a very rousing rendition of The Stars And Stripes Forever. All band members always had the music on their music stands, knew the song well and knew it was only to be played in an emergency and it was to be played LOUD. ALL circus staffers knew it was a danger signal.
May 24th, 2017 at 8:44:06 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Fleastiff
.... Why didn't that singer return to the stage? No music needed, no microphone needed.. just walk out there and be seen...

She was already on her private jet, headed back to the states.