In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 24th, 2017 at 1:17:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Water-free energy: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/05/goodbye-smokestacks-startup-invents-zero-emission-fossil-fuel-power

This really seems plausible.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 25th, 2017 at 4:20:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Dispatches from Trump's America:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.html

I hope he does time in jail. He deserves that much.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 26th, 2017 at 10:41:20 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
http://www.syracuse.com/business-news/index.ssf/2017/05/carrier_corp_layoffs_plant_trump.html

I couldn't figure out in the article if this was more jobs lost than expected, but I think it is saying that it is.

Also a quote from the comment section:

Quote: REAL®American

trump defenders:

"He didn't say that."

"And if he did, he didn't mean that."

"And if he did, you didn't understand it."

"And if you did, it's not a big deal."

"And if it is, others have said worse."
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 26th, 2017 at 7:48:56 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Cirrus Personal Jet reviewed by CNN, company based in North Dakota seems to be Chinese owned. Price Tag: Two million dollars.
May 29th, 2017 at 7:16:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Coast guard skipper Bill Bates said he misread the danger when Selwood reported his predicament.

"He said, 'I'm injured, I've broken my arm, I've got lacerations and there's a shark in my boat,'" Bates said.

"Often a fisherman will bring a small shark on board - maybe 2 or 3 feet - and they're still ferocious. That's what I was expecting, but I was totally wrong," he added.

Yeah, it was actually a 9 foot 440 pound white shark came flying into a small fishing boat and started thrashing around.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shark-leaps-into-boat-lands-on-fisherman-terry-selwood-australia/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 29th, 2017 at 12:04:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Tiger Woods arrested for DUI again lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4552628/Tiger-Woods-arrested-DUI.html

It's tough to feel sorry for the A-hole,
since he blew his career in 2009. He
still makes $50mil a year in endorsements
and is worth $740 mil according to Forbes.
His golf days are gone, just join the senior
tour. Open your own course and teach
private lessons for $1000 an hour.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 29th, 2017 at 12:35:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Needs to get off the sauce. John Daly still sober. He's the only other golfer I know with a public drinking problem. No doubt there are some others.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 29th, 2017 at 12:42:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Needs to get off the sauce.

Yeah, that's his only problem. Not.
He's a physical wreck, he has more
problems than an 80 year old. He
just had back surgery a month ago,
add that to the rest of his injuries.
He's done on the pro circuit, been
done since his nervous breakdown
after the world found out he's a
scumbag.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 29th, 2017 at 1:02:56 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
He's done on the pro circuit, been done since his nervous breakdown after the world found out he's a scumbag.
Well, ... found out his Mr. Clean image was simply a public relations program. I think he lost a few contracts to 'morals clauses' or stuff like that but all that happened is he had lots of women who let him not waste time with foreplay due to his public personna as Mr. Clean when in reality he was super active.
May 29th, 2017 at 1:14:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Fleastiff
Well, ... found out his Mr. Clean image was simply a public relations program. I think he lost a few contracts to 'morals clauses' or stuff like that but all that happened is he had lots of women who let him not waste time with foreplay due to his public personna as Mr. Clean when in reality he was super active.

Golfing has to maintain that image that it is not like those other sports. Gentleman's game, or something. I love golf (a pleasant walk ruined) but it's played by humans like any other sport. (of course everyone should chuckle at the idea of Gentleman's Club anyway.)

If they trained golfers better they shouldn't get hurt in their career normally short of taking a 140mph golf ball to the head. It's not sport of extreme sets like tennis. Or contact. Or other players running into you. It's body mechanics. It's tiring to play extra rounds, but it shouldn't damage your body. Not like distance running either, which is worse than any golf walk

I can take a swing with a club and pull a muscle. But I can also control that and avoid it.