In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 24th, 2017 at 8:26:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64

It would have fired up the anti trump opposition even more, could have led to violence and other unrest, generally a not peaceful transition of power.

Of course it was. Liberals still cannot connect anything that was actually done to affect the election. Just make some kind of charge of collusion and keep saying it. In the end it will amount to nothing, but is all they are running om in 2018 so far.
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2017 at 8:49:47 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Dalex64
I think going after it between the election and the innaguration would be seen as an attempt to delegitimize the results of the election and the incoming administration.

It would have fired up the anti trump opposition even more, could have led to violence and other unrest, generally a not peaceful transition of power.

I think it was the right thing to do to not go public about it between the election and the innaguration.

So you believe that the former President and party that spent the entire election campaign and all of the time since the election trying to delegitimize the current President was somehow concerned that handling an actual real issue would have been seen as an attempt to undermine the results of the election? That is quite a stretch given all that has happened.

If he explained the actual facts--the Russians did attempt to get in by doing ______________________; they were not successful and did not change a single vote, and we will use the full force of our government to work on this issue so that our voting is never interfered with, and I have fully briefed President-elect on the situation--I don't think it would have resulted in anything bad happening and he would have done his job.

I think the former President did his constituents a disservice by not doing his job. All of them.
June 24th, 2017 at 10:51:02 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: RonC
So you believe that the former President and party that spent the entire election campaign and all of the time since the election trying to delegitimize the current President was somehow concerned that handling an actual real issue would have been seen as an attempt to undermine the results of the election? That is quite a stretch given all that has happened.

If he explained the actual facts--the Russians did attempt to get in by doing ______________________; they were not successful and did not change a single vote, and we will use the full force of our government to work on this issue so that our voting is never interfered with, and I have fully briefed President-elect on the situation--I don't think it would have resulted in anything bad happening and he would have done his job.

I think the former President did his constituents a disservice by not doing his job. All of them.

I don't think what you describe as the actual facts are the actual facts, nor did they have all of the evidence then that they do now to establish these facts.

In particular, they did suspect that the Russians were attempting to interfere with the election. They may have known for a fact that they were.

Before the election, they could not have known that the Russians were successful in changing any votes, because the vote had not taken place.

After the election, well that is the point of this whole exercise. It is now clear that they did try to influence the election.

As for by doing "blank" you are saying it yourself. We know they tried to influence the election, they haven't exposed all of the means that they may have tried.

Influence is also a broad term, but many people are trying to narrow it to the very specific means of modifying votes after they had been cast. Influence can also mean swaying public opinion in a way to convince people to vote in a different way.

so at the time I don't think Obama could have truthfully said that he knew that they were not successful in changing a single vote. I don't think you can say that now, either.

But the issue is whether or not Obama was right in keeping the information under wraps, and I think since they really didn't know anything one way or the other that it was correct to keep quiet.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 24th, 2017 at 10:56:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

Look, why don't you just blame Trump for all the time he had access to the same information and didn't bring it up? Instead he has been doing a disservice to his constituents. All of them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 24th, 2017 at 2:10:53 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Look, why don't you just blame Trump for all the time he had access to the same information and didn't bring it up? Instead he has been doing a disservice to his constituents. All of them.

Actually, I do blame him. The interesting thing is that no one who supported Obama seems willing to blame in for anything. It is like there is some sort of a blame everyone else vacuum surrounding him.

It is amazing how far some of you will go to blame Trump but you won't even look at the possibility of blaming Obama.
June 25th, 2017 at 6:36:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Planned Parenthood spent $734,000 in failed Georgia race

We can't cut funding because of "women's health" yet they have money to donate to political races. Money laundering at its finest!
The President is a fink.
June 25th, 2017 at 11:08:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/overturned-oil-tanker-explodes-in-pakistan-killing-153/ar-BBD9Ag2?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole inferno was started by one cigarette smoker. Sure it could have been from the truck, but just as likely one of the hundreds was smoking and might have set the whole thing ablaze.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 25th, 2017 at 11:13:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

We can't cut funding because of "women's health" yet they have money to donate to political races. Money laundering at its finest!

They believed their own lying polls again
and thought Pajama Boy was a shoe in.
They constantly misjudge just how fired
up the Trump base is and sick and disgusted
they are with Obama and his sickening
America destroying policies.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 25th, 2017 at 12:55:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Royal Bank of --Scotland-- India.
June 26th, 2017 at 4:43:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman

Is this true? Planned Parenthood is allowed to take it's DONATIONS and FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS and give them to a political campaign? Can someone help me here?