In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 28th, 2017 at 8:14:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Please do not confuse the possible defunding of Planned Parenthood with the end of legal abortion. At my previous hospital we did many abortions, and the OB/GYNs who did them brought the patients. Not PP. The patients either had 'commercial' health insurance, or Medicaid (the majority). The patients could just walk into these doctors' offices and be scheduled for their abortions; they need not go through PP.

PP has expanded it's role, now encompassing cancer screening, communicable disease (STD) prevention, etc.... I am 100% for a woman's right to have an abortion if she wants. I am against PP using tax dollars to advocate a political position.

Based on your argument, you should not be for defunding planned parenthood, but against the legality of them contributing money to a PAC.

Those are two different things.

Defunding planned parenthood because you don't like the law that allows it --- well I'm sure that's what PP opponents want people to do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 28th, 2017 at 8:30:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Based on your argument, you should not be for defunding planned parenthood, but against the legality of them contributing money to a PAC.

Those are two different things.

Defunding planned parenthood because you don't like the law that allows it --- well I'm sure that's what PP opponents want people to do.

There is no reason we should be funding PP at all. Cutting their funding would end this kind of problem.
The President is a fink.
June 28th, 2017 at 10:29:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
There is no reason we should be funding PP at all. Cutting their funding would end this kind of problem.

As far as I know we all get a voice on how tax dollars are spent. I think it's fine.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 28th, 2017 at 12:57:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I am 100% for a woman's right to have an abortion if she wants.

As long as they understand murder is
murder, be it hitting your neighbor in
the head with a shovel, or killing the
innocent human in their belly. And
I'm an atheist.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 28th, 2017 at 1:09:06 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I am 100% for a woman's right to have an abortion if she wants.

Totally agree
Its the only logical conclusion

EB says its murder
ROTFL
Put the Mom in jail?????????????????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 28th, 2017 at 1:18:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Group of pro-Trump protestors brutally schools Starbucks by..... buying Starbucks coffee.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2017 at 1:19:42 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Evenbob
As long as they understand murder is
murder, be it hitting your neighbor in
the head with a shovel, or killing the
innocent human in their belly. And
I'm an atheist.

We all have different ideas of when murder is justified EB. Some feel abortion is justified. Some feel sniper attacks of ISIS leaders from 2 miles away are justified. Some feel assisted suicide is justified. Some feel unlimited funding of medical care is justified. Some feel atrocities in Africa can continue unabated since they are far enough away.

The problem is we will never all have exactly the same opinion of murder. We also will never have enough funding in world to stop ever atrocity, disease or war that we theoretically can. The only thing we can do is to try and have some respect/acceptance of other peoples opinions. This doesn't mean we shouldn't have healthy debate on any issue, just leave the drama and hatred out of it.

Maybe my neighbour was about to shoot his whole family when I 'murdered' him with my shovel. Maybe the "innocent human in their belly" has the sociopath gene and if born will become a serial killer. The world is grey my friends not black and white.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 28th, 2017 at 1:31:04 PM permalink
rxwine
I'm always happy to hear alternatives about how society will work without abortion. How do we make someone care about their kid if they don't really care, for instance.

Evenbob pays for every unwanted child who is abandoned, then I'm for that alternative. And it's not crazy to ask, why the adoption rate isn't already close to 100 percent. Why isn't it, if you care so much?

Lots of people only want cute babies, not older ghetto kids some with multifaceted disturbances. And I applaud anyone who takes these kids in.
June 28th, 2017 at 1:48:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
We all have different ideas of when murder is justified EB. Some feel abortion is justified. .

I'm not one of them, when it comes
to innocent babies. Be they 1 day old
or 9 months. It's just one more decision
in a long line of choices. Decide to have
sex. Decide to have unprotected sex.
Decide to have it many times because
almost no women get pregnant on one
or two tries. Decide you didn't like the
decisions you've made up till now, kill
the baby.

I know, there's incest, and rape and
immaculate conception. But 99%
of abortions are not because of them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 28th, 2017 at 1:52:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
I know, there's incest, and rape and
immaculate conception. But 99%
of abortions are not because of them.

Source? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman