In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 29th, 2017 at 8:09:49 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: RonC
I never consider Trump a "Conservative" and I barely considered him a "Republican", though he can chose whatever party he wants to be in. I don't think he, or any President or party, should be blindly supported..

I believe that party designation should be removed from ballots.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 29th, 2017 at 10:46:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
I hear now that he might have destroyed things like this before. Since he does not know how to follow the rules, I am even more in favor of him get the maximum sentence.

Yeah, should be about a 50 dollar fine and the cost they paid person to make that newly minted tombstone.

I'd be more upset if someone ran down someone's simple $5 white personal graveyard cross than this newly minted sham knowingly put up to define the US as a Christian country and knowingly offend millions of people who know it should never be there in the first place.

Heck, if something sits for too long the SC designates it a historically significant piece like that simple cross they upheld in a veteran's graveyard. Also wrong.

But you'll never catch me saying I'd advocate illegal destruction. Nope.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 29th, 2017 at 10:49:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

I'd be more upset if someone ran down someone's simple $5 white personal graveyard cross than this newly minted sham knowingly put up to define the US as a Christian country and knowingly offend millions of people who know it should never be there in the first place.

Maybe simple minded people should quit getting offended at every little thing.

I was offended when the White House was lit up with the queer flag colors. No reason to define the USA as a gay country when 99% of the population is not, but I lived with it.
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2017 at 11:29:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Maybe simple minded people should quit getting offended at every little thing.

I was offended when the White House was lit up with the queer flag colors. No reason to define the USA as a gay country when 99% of the population is not, but I lived with it.

Not equivalent. Not a religion, and they didn't leave em up either as a matter a fact. 'Try to use logic.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 29th, 2017 at 11:33:21 AM permalink
rxwine
I'd give you credit if you don't mind seeing Islamic quotes at your government facilities. I don't know why anyone has to have that either. Just more bs.

I'm against all of it in the government.
June 29th, 2017 at 11:36:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I'd give you credit if you don't mind seeing Islamic quotes at your government facilities. I don't know why anyone has to have that either. Just more bs.

Didn't we just have some Islamic breakfast that Trump said "no thanks" to?

When we get more muslims, I am sure it will creep in. Meanwhile the USA has always been a majority Christian nation, so that is what you will see. No law says the government must take an atheist stance. In fact, the courts have been continually been creeping against religious freedom for some time now.
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2017 at 11:53:58 AM permalink
rxwine
No law says the government must take an atheist stance.

Nothing isn't specifically recognized atheist, see third symbol down on left for instance. So having nothing doesn't represent a position on what if anything you choose to believe in. Nothing can just as easily recognize all stances.

June 29th, 2017 at 12:02:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Nothing isn't specifically recognized atheist, see third symbol down on left for instance. So having nothing doesn't represent a position on what if anything you choose to believe in. Nothing can just as easily recognize all stances.

I was not aware atheism had a symbol, which in a way shows it is an unorganized religion.

But I disagree. When you prohibit everything you are taking a stance. The First Amendment was to prohibit a return to the Church of England, not snuff out everything and anything. The fact that the Founders immediately swore in a POTUS on a Bible shows that.
The President is a fink.
June 29th, 2017 at 12:12:24 PM permalink
rxwine
I was not aware atheism had a symbol, which in a way shows it is an unorganized religion.

Only if you consider aelfian a religion. Do you believe in types of elves? Santa elve, Santa small workers also elves, Shoe cobbler elves, Tolkien elves.

I am a-elfian. I don't believe in them. If you don't either you must have an religion? I don't think that's a good argument.

Futhermore, you could start an atheism religion. It's a religion with only witches, who are not gods. That would be a atheist religion.

But just not believing in something is not a religion.

Quote:
But I disagree. When you prohibit everything you are taking a stance. The First Amendment was to prohibit a return to the Church of England, not snuff out everything and anything. The fact that the Founders immediately swore in a POTUS on a Bible shows that.

Only way, IMO, you snuff out everything is to try to prevent private religious practice outside of government, and there is plenty of private practice. You see it everywhere in most towns and cities.
June 29th, 2017 at 12:44:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
But just not believing in something is not a religion.

I don't collect stamps and think it's
a waste of time. Should there be a
special name for that? Of course
not. Not believing in god is a nothing
'thing', there is no substance to it,
how could there be.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.