In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 23rd, 2017 at 3:00:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

White women captives often found Indian society more preferably than white society wherein women had fewer freedoms.

I wonder if they liked having to sexually service guests of their husbands as Indian wives were often required to do?
The President is a fink.
July 23rd, 2017 at 6:15:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Different tribes had different customs. Blackfeet notoriously passed women around but nearby Nez Perce did not. Some tribes were hunters, some were fishermen. Modocs in California were mainly slavers.
July 23rd, 2017 at 11:50:33 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Good for them. One society steam rollers another
society as has happened since the beginning of
recorded time, and we're supposed to mourn
them?
I posted the part about a tribe of Apache being able to fend off the entire US calvary in response to your post saying
Quote:
They
were mostly filthy, had horrible sanitation,
that's why they moved so much, had no
education for anybody,
. They had education enough that a band of primitives could hold off the entire US army without being able to smelt iron. But they didn't have a little red schoolhouse, no. As far as them being migratory, they were following the food and the season. Sometimes they just followed better weather. The ruins here in AZ, are mostly still standing with the walls being 3 foot thick, which kept their lodges warm and cool. One ruin at Flagstaff had central heat. They had sports and gambling. They had culture and art. They respected the earth and the food they ate. Whitey came along with his hand out, "with, the art of the deal".

The reason the white christians were able to beat the Indians was of course iron and gunpowder, but also numbers and treachery, and whiskey. We used drugs and bioweapons against them. Disease killed 90% , not iron. The indians were indeed ignorant to believe anything white christians told them in negotiations. Kept believing the same lie. Today's politicians are still using the same tactics, only against their own citizens. To the indians their word was their honor. To the whites it was/is a ploy to buy time to cheat on the deal. There has not been one treaty yet, that the US did not cheat on.

It is what it is, the whites stole it fair and square, but only my your metric are they a superior race. One on one, same weapons or tools, the indies would win every time. Look at the things that each race that each race respected and held in esteem. The indians revered bravery, strength, honor, and skill. What did whitey respect? Money and power, which is money.

As far as sanitation, they made soap from the Yucca plant out here, had sweat lodges and purification ceremonies regularly. Once they were forced from their historical way of life and their customs outlawed and made to wear white clothes and live within reservations, they lost a lot of the means to carry on their traditional way of cleansing. When they contracted white diseases, they had no way to recover, no tribe to help find and use their traditional medicines. etc.

Quote:
It happens, it's always happened. It's
called progress, forward movement.
You can call it a lot of things. As the Muslims take over Europe through numbers, will you call that progress, or something else?

Quote:
Indians were still in the Stone Age, they
hadn't even discovered smelting iron yet.
Some did copper and gold, most didn't
do any at all. They used stone arrowheads
and axes.
Now days, fractured Obsidian is being used in operating rooms because it is sharper than steel. In most cases the white christians had better technology and forever, might has made right. But the Indians that lived self sustained, for tens of thousands of years with the tools they made from the land were doing just fine without iron or gunpowder. As far as a weapon, in many battles the bow and lance were quicker and deadlier than slow repeating, or single shot weapons. The indians were the special forces of the day. In the one picture available of indians negotiating with the whites while still at war, every indian in the picture and rock hard abs and Adonis bodies. Later it was scribed by the troops, that they were all checking out the physiques of the indians and were very glad they weren't going to fight them.

Quote:
What were the Europeans supposed
to do, bow down to these, what were to them,
savages? Different times, different attitudes.
What were they supposed to do? Apparently exactly what they did do, lie cheat and steal in the name of their god. That does not make them more honorable. Certainly not more trustworthy.

Should the Chinese come marching in, with much superior numbers and weaponry, some biological weapons, and take this country away from Americans, will that be acceptable?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 23rd, 2017 at 11:59:39 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
I wonder if they liked having to sexually service guests of their husbands as Indian wives were often required to do?
That is a well over exaggerated myth. But it did happen, AFAIK. I imagine they were people and most didn't like getting what amounts to raped. The ones that didn't like it, felt probably much like women everywhere. They didn't feel different than white girls. But I will say some of those indian girls do like sex and are pretty joyous about it.

I have also notice in quite a few instances where a man seems to have found a really good wife these days and is willing to be a woman, and help out, work her ass off and generally pull in the same direction as her man, often times they have some indian blood in them? Check into it.

I have also noticed that a lot of indian women can get really mean when drinking? But getting passed around, that sucks regardless of who, when and where.

How do you think the smaller males in prison today feel about their protector passing them around the prison to be sexually had my other inmates feels? Trading them for cheetos or a cigarette? Is it better to be raped if you are a man or woman? Indian, black or white? How would you feel if you were gang raped? Probably similar?
July 23rd, 2017 at 12:26:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
That is a well over exaggerated myth. But it did happen, AFAIK. I imagine they were people and most didn't like getting what amounts to raped. The ones that didn't like it, felt probably much like women everywhere. They didn't feel different than white girls. But I will say some of those indian girls do like sex and are pretty joyous about it.

In high school I remember reading some journal of some early explorers, I forget who. What I do remember is the one entry said very close to,

"They offered us dinner, which was good. They now offered us their wives. Cannot add any more entries tonight."

Some documentary some cable channel had an Indian woman but from a more inland tribe said the women there were expected to service who their husbands told them to. The women had to accept it.

It might or might not have been the practice in every tribe. But it did happen regularly. And should be asked of all those young, usually white, college girls who take a history class and hear a liberal professor give a glamorized tale of Indian life and the girls say, "wow, I wish I could have lived like them!"

I have also notice in quite a few instances where a man seems to have found a really good wife these days and is willing to be a woman, and help out, work her ass off and generally pull in the same direction as her man, often times they have some indian blood in them? Check into it.

Too many people think it was all a utopian life until whitey came around. I had one professor who was about the most pro-Indian guy I ever had teach. He actually told some students the Indians were not as perfect as the students were making out. He was a nut job, but fair. He liked having me in class, put me on the spot more than once to get a dissenting view.
The President is a fink.
July 23rd, 2017 at 12:27:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Today's politicians are still using the same tactics, only against their own citizens.

And half the population still falls for it.
The President is a fink.
July 23rd, 2017 at 1:08:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Too many people think it was all a utopian life until whitey came around.
I go to all the ruins I can and read the info boards. One beautiful set of ruins outside Flagstaff called Wupatki has much of the old lodge left as well as a circular stone building where competitions were held and gambling took place.

The board also said the average life expectancy was 29 years of age. I'm pretty sure that must have included death of newborns? It was incredibly hard by most standards. I look at whether a tribe had time for art as to whether there was any spare time at all. It was obvious that these tribes put many hours into decorating their pottery instead of just making them faster without taking the time to decorate them. Some tribes were to busy for much art.

The Hopi were so poor, the Spanish wouldn't steal from them.
July 23rd, 2017 at 1:56:43 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
There were 13 species of large animals over 100 pounds domesticated in Eurasia, compared with just one in South America (counting the llama and alpaca as breeds within the same species) and none at all in the rest of the world.

Eurasians domesticated goats and sheep for hides, clothing, and cheese; cows for milk; bullocks for tillage of fields and transport; and benign animals such as pigs and chickens. Large domestic animals such as horses and camels offered the considerable military and economic advantages of mobile transport.

But the primary advantage to the Eurasians was the resistance they built to infectious disease from these large animals. Although initially it was the steel production and gun technology that allowed them to conquer, it was the diseases that assured their dominance.

But general engineering in the tropical societies in the Americas was far superior than Europe.
July 23rd, 2017 at 2:14:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman

The board also said the average life expectancy was 29 years of age. I'm pretty sure that must have included death of newborns? It was incredibly hard by most standards. I look at whether a tribe had time for art as to whether there was any spare time at all. It was obvious that these tribes put many hours into decorating their pottery instead of just making them faster without taking the time to decorate them. Some tribes were to busy for much art.

What amazed be was the bead culture. Some plains Indians loved beads and they had meaning. Making them was not easy for the Indians, who eventually started trading with whites. Whites, however, found better ways of making them. Would be as if some other culture could easily make gold then brought it here to trade. Imagine what they traded off in labor.
The President is a fink.
July 23rd, 2017 at 2:29:19 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Psalm 90:10 King James Version (KJV)

The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Psalms were written between 3000 and 2500 years before present, and age 70 to 80 is an often cited lifespan of man assuming that he survived childhood.

The board also said the average life expectancy was 29 years of age. I'm pretty sure that must have included death of newborns?

In 1900, when statistics were reliably kept in the USA a a nonwhite infant could expect to live about 33 years. So that figure for native Americans more than three centuries ago is not particularly shocking.

Without proper nutrition and health car, the death rate for the under age five is shockingly high.