In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 12th, 2017 at 5:30:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
I support the police
The police arrested the driver because he broke the law

Funny how you have take sides against the cops before when they tried to arrest lawbreakers.
The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2017 at 5:53:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Funny how you have take sides against the cops before when they tried to arrest lawbreakers.

The gov declared a state of emergency? lol
It's scaredy pants Terry McCauliffe, a Dem
crybaby if there ever was one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 12th, 2017 at 6:03:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

I supported the cop in Ferguson
I support the police in Charlottesville
They arrested the driver who committed terrorism
The only cops I side against are those that have broken the law
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2017 at 6:05:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Terrorism in Charlottesville
Really sad Trump cant call it terrorism
Happens in Europe, Trump has no proplem calling it terrorism
A car is used for terror in the USA and Trump cant call a spade a spade
Weak
Should Obama have called this terrorism? https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jan/20/suspect-in-strip-sidewalk-crash-faces-more-counts/

We overuse words until they lose there meaning. Why the hyperbole? Was this equivalent to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achille_Lauro_hijacking for you?
Is there a threat that more cars will drive into crowds to affect political or religious change? Should we all be afraid to walk the street in groups, for fear some nutter will mow us down?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 12th, 2017 at 6:09:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Should Obama have called this terrorism? https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jan/20/suspect-in-strip-sidewalk-crash-faces-more-counts/

We overuse words until they lose there meaning. Why the hyperbole? Was this equivalent to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achille_Lauro_hijacking for you?
Is there a threat that more cars will drive into crowds to affect political or religious change? Should we all be afraid to walk the street in groups, for fear some nutter will mow us down?

When you drive a vehicle into a crowd due to just political differences to kill and maim
Terrorism
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2017 at 6:21:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
When you drive a vehicle into a crowd due to just political differences to kill and maim
Terrorism
Definitions of terrorism - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_terrorism
The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"

So the act of this one person, who is more than likely clinically mentally ill, and my guess on some kind of prozac type medication is equal to taking down an airliner demanding to release all Muslims out of Israeli prisons?

Or according to Wiki, a person who is raped isn't so much raped as they are terrorized? Or someone who gets robbed at gunpoint isn't robbed so much as an act of terrorism has been committed against them?

Or a schoolyard bully who steals milk money from the meek isn't just a little ***hole, he is a terrorist, and should probably be held for life under extreme rendition? Got it.
August 12th, 2017 at 6:22:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Terrorism
So you are saying Obama should have gone on the world news and called this woman a terrorist?
August 12th, 2017 at 6:28:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The dumbass who drove his car into those people is a 20 year old from my hometown of Maumee, Ohio. We probably went to the same high school.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 12th, 2017 at 7:01:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I don't know if it's true, but I heard the police were standing by for awhile as fights broke out. Pretty sure that's the exact wrong response. If police don't move to stop the fights as soon as they break out, other troublemakers are going to see that as a signal that the police aren't going to interfere.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2017 at 7:06:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
That's not to say that all the people engaging in violence are any less at fault. But it did sound like it wasn't handled very well-- unless your goal is an all out riot.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?