In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 17th, 2017 at 3:34:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Exactly. Parties change and they change so much that neither party can claim a long philosophical legacy. The Democrats were the party of the Jim Crow South, but after the civil rights act of 1964 segregationists like Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms and Trent Lott began moving to the GOP. I'm not saying that the GOP is a racist party, but the racist voters in the South have found a home there, many of my relatives included.

Do you have a list of those that switched parties to the GOP? I don't remember hearing much or even any of party switching in congress after 1964.

As to "racists in the party" have you not heard of Al Sharpton or Louis Farakhan? Maxine Waters? Heck, the Democrats favor taking skin color into account officially over merit. Be careful who you say is a "home for racists."
The President is a fink.
August 17th, 2017 at 4:15:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
British businessman flies from Germany to Las Vegas with thrice checked boarding pass marked for the UK. Closely guared in Vegas, had to pay his own fare back to Germany and then barred from ever flying Eurowings again.
August 17th, 2017 at 6:39:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Democratic senator hopes for assassination of POTUS. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-17/democratic-missouri-senator-i-hope-trump-assassinated
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 17th, 2017 at 7:41:08 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Do you have a list of those that switched parties to the GOP? I don't remember hearing much or even any of party switching in congress after 1964.

As to "racists in the party" have you not heard of Al Sharpton or Louis Farakhan? Maxine Waters? Heck, the Democrats favor taking skin color into account officially over merit. Be careful who you say is a "home for racists."

I don't defend either party on race. Both exploit.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 17th, 2017 at 11:15:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Dozen U.S. sailors to be punished for June collision: Navy

Not really surprised. Nothing else about that really added up. Goofing off, playing cards, talking to girlfriends --- whatever it was, they weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing.

I wonder if they'll be assessed massive fines. That's some expensive damage. Plus the deaths of other crew.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dozen-us-sailors-to-be-punished-for-june-collision-navy/ar-AAqgj3S?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 18th, 2017 at 1:31:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Lack of a "sterile cockpit" might be symptomatic but rarely are a dozen guilty.... somewhere it was ONE officer who was at fault.
August 18th, 2017 at 1:45:41 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Sixteen year old girl to get rich after airline flight 'groping incident' in which her muted reaction did not result in airline having fbi meet the arriving plane. Passenger has been identified and arrested. Doctor travelling for some fellowship. Foreign name is unusual but I think its Malaysian or Thai. Good Morning America today I think.

28 year old Indian. CBS This Morning. Date unknown. United Airlines.
August 18th, 2017 at 6:12:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: petroglyph

"Telling it like it is"

"Saying what we're all thinking."

"FAKE NEWS!"
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 18th, 2017 at 6:58:37 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: JimRockford
I don't defend either party on race. Both exploit.

I wouldn't defend any party on anything.

Parts of every party, sure, but never a whole party.

Of course, in elections eventually one must back a party or a party's candidate. That comes down to individual merits. Especially now that the GOP either has lost any principles to stand on, or has adopted the white supremacy principles of it's radical base.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 18th, 2017 at 7:27:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

Some people make dumb mistakes and apologize. She knows what she did was wrong.
Some people make dumb mistakes then double down on those mistakes such as our President
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"