September 5th, 2017 at 6:49:48 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Hurricane Irma may be one for the ages
Its huge with near record 185 mph winds
wow
In Florida and very concerned
Luckily Tampa has never suffered a direct hit
We got lucky about 13 years ago with Charlie. Headed for Tampa but veered off and hit Punta Gorda
I live in evacuation level E . In danger if storm surge 28ft or higher. Live in a solidly built townhouse. Lots of mobile homes down here. The wind just tears those apart.
Pinellas County, next door, worries me.
We get hit, that whole county is under water. So many elderly retirees live there, its known as Gods waiting room.
Keeping my fingers crossed
Just about all flights out of Florida until this thing hits are sold out. I just checked for a client.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 5th, 2017 at 7:06:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
wow
Luckily Tampa has never suffered a direct hit
We got lucky about 13 years ago with Charlie. Headed for Tampa but veered off and hit Punta Gorda
I live in evacuation level E . In danger if storm surge 28ft or higher. Live in a solidly built townhouse. Lots of mobile homes down here. The wind just tears those apart.
Pinellas County, next door, worries me.
We get hit, that whole county is under water. So many elderly retirees live there, its known as Gods waiting room.
Keeping my fingers crossed
Just about all flights out of Florida until this thing hits are sold out. I just checked for a client.

I'm farther up than Tampa. Haven't decided which way I will head if it takes dead aim. I might even go South instead of farther North.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 6th, 2017 at 1:45:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
NFL Player Michael Bennett Says Police Threatened To ‘Blow My F*****g Head Off’

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michael-bennet-police-brutality_us_59b00978e4b0b5e53102b4ad?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 6th, 2017 at 2:36:22 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Well, damn, folks. I just attempted a split to remove the judging of states from this thread, and after sifting through this behemoth of a thread, and parsing out all the good bits, hitting split gave me an error message and it appears all the posts about the states are gone.

This is just a notice to advise of what happened. I know there is a way to retrieve flagged posts, but I don't know about ones that go AWOL of their own accord, nor do I know how much of a faff it is to retrieve them, nor is that something under my purview. I'll run it up the flagpole to JB, but with a low priority tag as it was a small convo.

Before I go... Is there anyone here who gets a kick out of records and / or large numbers? I've no desire either way as this is a pretty hands off / low maintenance place, but a thread this large is all but impossible to manage. On one hand I wish to close it and start anew so that moderating is easier, on the other hand I moderate so infrequently that the next occurrence would probably find the NEW thread already filled with 400 pages lol.

Anyone wish to give input?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 6th, 2017 at 2:37:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

Anyone wish to give input?

Yes, make life easiest on yourself. Except maybe still give starter credit to B9.
The President is a fink.
September 6th, 2017 at 2:43:08 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
Yes, make life easiest on yourself. Except maybe still give starter credit to B9.

Lol! When I saw his name I says "OH F#$%!!! This is gonna take FOREVER"

At least I didn't kill the whole damn thread lol.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 6th, 2017 at 3:53:17 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: terapined
wow

Yeah, yeah more fake news from the drive-by lamestream media. Rush Limbaugh is too smart to fall for this so-called "hurricane" scam. The climate alarmists are just trying to take away our freedom.

Quote: Rush Limbaugh
There is symbiotic relationship between retailers and local media, and it’s related to money. It revolves around money. You have major, major industries and businesses which prosper during times of crisis and panic, such as a hurricane, which could destroy or greatly damage people’s homes, and it could interrupt the flow of water and electricity. So what happens?

Well, the TV stations begin reporting this and the panic begins to increase. And then people end up going to various stores to stock up on water and whatever they might need for home repairs and batteries and all this that they’re advised to get, and a vicious circle is created. You have these various retail outlets who spend a lot of advertising dollars with the local media.

The local media, in turn, reports in such a way as to create the panic way far out, which sends people into these stores to fill up with water and to fill up with batteries, and it becomes a never-ending repeated cycle. And the two coexist. So the media benefits with the panic with increased eyeballs, and the retailers benefit from the panic with increased sales, and the TV companies benefit because they’re getting advertising dollars from the businesses that are seeing all this attention from customers.

Incidentally, Alex Jones says that the government has the technology to control the weather, so the Deep State purposely let Harvey hover over Houston for a couple days.

It's a conspiracy.
September 6th, 2017 at 3:55:48 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Ask the Wizard about creating more categories of topics. That might help relieve the flooding that occurs in these general threads.
September 6th, 2017 at 6:56:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: reno
is too smart to fall for this so-called "hurricane" scam..

He said the local reporting is always geared
to panic everybody into buying out every
store in town long before they know the
storm path. He's lived in S FL for 20 years,
he should know. He was deelighted today
at how his words were all twisted around
by the MSM to say things he never said.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 6th, 2017 at 7:13:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's not like most of it can't be used if there is no hurricane. The non-perishable food lasts a long time.

Personally, I don't bother with all the bottled water. I just fill jugs from the tap. Gasoline is going to get used. Maybe you won't use matches, but it's not a big expense.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?