In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 15th, 2017 at 6:21:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
London-based Purplebricks, which is barely three years old, launched its new U.S. business in Los Angeles on Friday, after raising $60 million in special stock offering. It offers the full services of a regular real estate brokerage for just $3,200. That includes professional photography, 3-D virtual tours, help with staging, home tours and listings on all the major online platforms. Buyers who choose Purplebricks as their agent will receive a $1,000 rebate on closing. The model has been very successful in the U.K., and the company expanded into Australia in 2016.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/moving-guide/say-goodbye-to-the-6-percent-home-sale-commission/ar-AArYGqY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 15th, 2017 at 11:23:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
According to the Wall Street Journal, independent insurance adjusters — individuals who come in to assess how much an insurance company will pay out on claim — can earn up to $30,000 for just a few days’ worth of work after a disaster.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/this-job-pays-dollar30000-for-a-few-days-work-after-a-hurricane/ar-AArYPgo?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 15th, 2017 at 11:46:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/moving-guide/say-goodbye-to-the-6-percent-home-sale-commission/ar-AArYGqY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
The commission has always been negotiable. There has always AFAIK been the possibility of signing an exclusive sales contract which I have done, and gotten flat rate before as well.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 16th, 2017 at 4:54:16 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
The commission has always been negotiable. There has always AFAIK been the possibility of signing an exclusive sales contract which I have done, and gotten flat rate before as well.
I think the trouble arises when your flat rate guy lists your property in the MLS and some other broker brings you a customer. That other broker is not a party to your flat rate agreement, he wants his full commission.

The flat rate system works better if there is sufficient publicity outside the formal MLS system. Not sure how that works nowadays though.
September 16th, 2017 at 7:21:58 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I sold and bought a house a couple of years ago. My realtor only took a 1% commission and gave me a 1% rebate on the house I bought. The agent of the buyer of my house still collected his whole 3% The process saved me over $20,000 on commissions.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 16th, 2017 at 2:46:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:

Sign language interpreter used gibberish, warned of bears, monsters during Hurricane Irma update

http://nypost.com/2017/09/16/deaf-community-outraged-after-interpreter-signed-gibberish-before-irma/

I only looked outside a couple times during the highest winds From all the noise, coulda been some bears and monsters out there.
September 16th, 2017 at 3:45:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
http://nypost.com/2017/09/16/deaf-community-outraged-after-interpreter-signed-gibberish-before-irma/

LOL, I love when this happens. Oh the
outrage, the humanity. Like deaf people
are stupid and can't read the news
elsewhere.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 19th, 2017 at 9:39:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Bill O'reilly complaining "This was a political political hit job"
ROTFL
Bill, get real, you are a sexual pervert and predator
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 19th, 2017 at 10:01:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

Bill, get real, you are a sexual pervert and predator

You talking to Bill Clinton?
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2017 at 10:21:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
You talking to Bill Clinton?

AZ cant go after conservative sexual perverts. to funny
I go after all of them regardless of politics. Bill Clinton disgusts me but that's old. At least he not playing crybaby like Oreilly is to Matt Lauer today.
Bill Oreilly is being such crybaby trying to play the victim card
Bill O is a disgusting sexual pervert
AZ cant go after Oreilly due to conservative politics
ROTFL
So you give a pass to all the conservative sexual perverts? LOL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"