In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 20th, 2017 at 12:36:44 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I don't know what is meant by 'creatively celebrate a touchdown'.... its more impressive if such things are not celebrated as if its some such rare accomplishment.

I agree that players whose demeanor on or off the field should be treated as if they were movie starts who just violated their morals clause. He beats dogs and beats his wife... he is OUT. He wants to make a symbolic demonstration about race, justice or apple pie........ he is out.

Sell fewer ads and charge more for them.

There should be an inquiry into why college games are getting more popular but professional games are getting less popular.
September 20th, 2017 at 2:48:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
I don't know what is meant by 'creatively celebrate a touchdown'.... its more impressive if such things are not celebrated as if its some such rare accomplishment.

I just read that term today, so out of the loop on the NFL the last few years I didn't even hear about the new rule. They keep ing back and forth since the 1980s. Ban demonstrations, lighten up the rules, they get out of hand again, repeat. The bind the NFL always seems to be in is whites tend to dislike excessive celebration, blacks love the showboating.

Quote:
Sell fewer ads and charge more for them.

Not sure the money is there for that, but the NFL seems addicted to the 5 commercial breaks per quarter with what, 5 ads per? I heard they cut it back, though.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2017 at 5:48:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Ric Flair is going thru some tough times. Blames it all on alcohol

http://people.com/sports/ric-flair-alcoholism-health-crisis/
On Aug. 11, the 68-year-old was rushed to the hospital with stomach pains. Within hours, Flair was in the early stages of kidney failure and on the verge of congestive heart failure – the result of years of alcohol abuse.
Flair’s family members were told he had only 20 percent odds of surviving, and he was placed in a medically induced coma while they – including daughter, pro wrestler Charlotte Flair –  took to social media to asks fans for prayers.
Doctors subsequently removed part of Flair’s bowel, and inserted a pacemaker. Now, in recovery at a convalescent center in Atlanta, Flair tells PEOPLE of the entire ordeal, “It scared the s— out of me.”
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 20th, 2017 at 8:08:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
Doctors subsequently removed part of Flair’s bowel, and inserted a pacemaker..”
Odd juxtaposition. Poor editing perhaps or maybe just my demented mind.
September 20th, 2017 at 8:12:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Odd juxtaposition. Poor editing perhaps or maybe just my demented mind.

Maybe your fingers have grown so pudgy
from all the mac cheese that you can no
longer just hit one key at a time. It's so
odd that one of the things I spent no time
in my life doing, typing, is now something
I do more than talking. Who would have
believed it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 21st, 2017 at 5:08:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Warning Notice from Miami-Dade County After Irma

"Hello, I'm with the government and I'm here to help you!"
The President is a fink.
September 21st, 2017 at 6:25:43 AM permalink
terapined
Ric Flair is going thru some tough times. Blames it all on alcohol

http://people.com/sports/ric-flair-alcoholism-health-crisis/
On Aug. 11, the 68-year-old was rushed to the hospital with stomach pains. Within hours, Flair was in the early stages of kidney failure and on the verge of congestive heart failure – the result of years of alcohol abuse.
Flair’s family members were told he had only 20 percent odds of surviving, and he was placed in a medically induced coma while they – including daughter, pro wrestler Charlotte Flair –  took to social media to asks fans for prayers.
Doctors subsequently removed part of Flair’s bowel, and inserted a pacemaker. Now, in recovery at a convalescent center in Atlanta, Flair tells PEOPLE of the entire ordeal, “It scared the s— out of me.”

Ric says he will never ever drink alcohol again
Good move Ric
Take a bong hit
You never hear anybody blame pot for their dire health problems
Alcohol, hear it all the time
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2017 at 8:15:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman

You never hear anybody blame pot for their dire health problems

I've heard it, I've seen it.

Bad stuff. People on it are so far behind the race they think they are in the lead.
The President is a fink.
September 21st, 2017 at 9:12:06 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
I've heard it, I've seen it.

Lets see it
Lets hear it

I hope Ric never drinks again
Alcohol is a killer
I wont touch the stuff
Drink too much, you die
smoke too much, just higher :-)
September 21st, 2017 at 10:34:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Drink too much, you die
smoke too much, just higher :-)

Google "how pot ruined my life" as a start.

Bad stuff, no thanks.
The President is a fink.