In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 21st, 2017 at 1:11:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Too much pot will kill your brain. Just as bad, if not worse.

"You may love to smoke pot because hey, the best of artistes did/do. It boosts creativity after all, does it not? Turns out, it doesn’t. According to researchers, weed may put you at risk of losing creative thinking capabilities as well as make you less aware of your mistakes."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/health-and-fitness/smoking-weed-does-not-enhance-your-creativity-in-fact-it-kills-it/story-dsw9SJJeIqxxy7Kom3mwHK.html

"Using immoderately and even moderately once you’re past a certain age—it was the mid-to-late 20s for me—will ultimately sap you of energy, creativity, concentration, and thus the ability to move into the flow state. It also stunts your growth emotionally and intellectually. I was so tired of not being able to think straight. People thought I was stupid. After a while, I began to think I was stupid."

http://www.tipsonquittingweed.com/stop-smoking-weed-useful-resources/weed-is-harmful-weed-kills-creativity/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 21st, 2017 at 1:34:55 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Any recording engineer will tell that once the artists bring out the pot things go down hill from there.
September 21st, 2017 at 1:42:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Any recording engineer will tell that once the artists bring out the pot things go down hill from there.

It really pissed off AA that Madmen had
booze in all their offices and drank during
the day. But they did, alcohol enhances
creativity. Pot makes people turn inward,
it makes them silent and stare at the TV,
or listen to music. It has the opposite effect
of alcohol. I think pot weeds out societies
losers, keeps them where they belong, doing
nothing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 21st, 2017 at 1:47:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff

Does George Martin say that about the Beatles?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2017 at 2:30:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

@AZD - I'm not terribly versed as I'm just not that into it, but I believe the act of cooking changes the chemical composition of the active ingredients. It's not a potency thing, I don't believe, just a little twist of chemistry. It, for lack of a better term, "brings out" the trippier part of weed, surprising some folks who weren't ready for it.

This of course is all second and third hand stuff I've heard, likely on NPR or similar. I don't know anyone who cooks regularly, nor have I experienced this "tripping on weed" that some folks have mentioned.

I can buy that, but I reserve the position that the edibles have the problem that you can get too high a dose too fast. Like people who drink too much in college. You almost never hear of someone getting alcohol poisoning from beer only. You get too bloated and unable to drink more before real damage can be done. OTOH, grain punch, you can slam enough of that such that you may have a dangerous dose before you feel any effect.

Someone gulps some edible, feels little to no effect. They then eat two or three times as much, then BOOM!

Won't matter to me none, no real plans to try it unless I eventually get cancer and its pain.
The President is a fink.
September 21st, 2017 at 3:26:00 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
edibles have the problem that you can get too high a dose too fast.

That's a tourist rookie drug
Getting high too fast on edibles ROTFL
True stoners don't do edibles.
I am not waiting an hour or 2 for a buzz
I am ready NOW. (just got off work)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2017 at 3:46:10 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Soon the question will not be related to a "high" but to antiinflammation response effect of cannabinols.
Chronic pain, depression, high blood pressure, sleep disruption .... set those canabinols against the bacteria in your gut and cure yourself.
September 22nd, 2017 at 12:30:47 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Court dismissed FTC action against totally insecure Chinese made Dlink products since action failed to show even one actual incident of loss of data. Now matter how electronically insecure the product was court was not impressed with conclusory statements about ease of possible intrusiveness if there was no proof of atleast one actual incident.

A sensible threshold or a far too high hurdle?
September 22nd, 2017 at 5:56:41 AM permalink
terapined
Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) on the latest healthcare bill

“You know, I could maybe give you 10 reasons why this bill shouldn’t be considered, But Republicans campaigned on this so often that you have a responsibility to carry out what you said in the campaign. That’s pretty much as much of a reason as the substance of the bill.”

WTF, passing simply due to politics
sad
September 22nd, 2017 at 6:22:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

WTF, passing simply due to politics
sad

Same as Obamacare was. Grow up.
The President is a fink.