terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Same as Obamacare was. Grow up.

What are the odds it will pass?
Slim to none
Weakest party ever to hold the House, Senate and Presidency
Mind boggling they cant get jack passed
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 22nd, 2017 at 7:04:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
What are the odds it will pass?
Slim to none
Weakest party ever to hold the House, Senate and Presidency
Mind boggling they cant get jack passed

If they are smart, they will pass something.

They are still upset Trump crashed their party. They may finally be learning that Trump voters are not abandoning him but will abandon THEM.

It is all about how Washington works. If you are not a member of the club, the club will do all they can to eject you. Trump, however, keeps playing the game on his own terms. He knows if when Obamacare crashes then he has the advantage.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2017 at 7:49:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Republicans are stupid.

They know it's a horrible bill that will do harm to their constituents. But they want to pass SOMETHING. ANYTHING. How many Trump voters will lose their healthcare because of it?

Passing this bill would be a gift to Dems. It will give them something to run on for the next decade or so, similar to how to the GOP ran on repealing Obamacare for 7 years (yet somehow forgot to come up with a plan to do so during those 7 years)....

We shall see.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2017 at 7:59:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
They should have switched to the Kornbluth strategy after the first attempt failed: "let's leave it almost as is, change the name, and say we repealed and replaced it."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 22nd, 2017 at 8:54:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
Republicans are stupid.

They know it's a horrible bill that will do harm to their constituents. But they want to pass SOMETHING. ANYTHING. How many Trump voters will lose their healthcare because of it?

Who will lose healthcare? The bill does not take away healthcare.

I am all for a bill that stops the government from buying coverages I can never use or don't want at the point of a gun. Most GOP voters feel the same way.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2017 at 10:03:22 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Who will lose healthcare?

32 million people by 2027.

Next question.
September 22nd, 2017 at 10:18:57 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Next question.

Incorrect. NOT EVEN CLOSE! 32 million people may lose the government paying for their healthcare via an 'exchange' or some other form of subsidy. Many of those might actually take a JOB that comes with health insurance coverage. There are many lower paid workers at my hospital that work there BECAUSE they get health insurance coverage, and eschew a higher paying job elsewhere that does not provide health insurance.
I go in to work at my inner city hospital in a few hours. I will be providing HEALTHCARE to many patients that have no health insurance. I can assure you the bill they receive in my name goes directly into the garbage can. Those 32 million who might need to find an alternative source to pay for their health insurance will still get HEALTHCARE at my hospital, or the many clinics it runs.
September 22nd, 2017 at 10:28:50 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Politicians are not necessariy stupid. They are conflicted, focused on reelection and party loyalty, not the details of an incredibly complex bill that they have no hope of understanding or altering
September 22nd, 2017 at 10:33:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Next question.

How will there be 32 million people that are refused healthcare when they try to pay for it?

Or are you one of those who does not understand the difference between health CARE and health INSURANCE?

I have had several periods where my health insurance lapsed and I just paid in cash.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2017 at 10:43:05 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Incorrect. NOT EVEN CLOSE! 32 million people may lose the government paying for their healthcare via an 'exchange' or some other form of subsidy.

So it appears you're not disputing the 32 million number....

Healthcare is expensive. Most people can't afford it.

Quote:
Many of those might actually take a JOB that comes with health insurance coverage.

This is the standard GOP lie.

As if everyone has the ability to easily obtain a good job that provides health coverage, but those who don't are just "too lazy" to do so.

That has, and always will be, complete and utter bullshit.

Quote:
There are many lower paid workers at my hospital that work there BECAUSE they get health insurance coverage, and eschew a higher paying job elsewhere that does not provide health insurance.

Good for them?

Actually, I'm pretty much in the same boat (minus the lower paid part). My health insurance through my job is so good it makes me not want to leave the company and potentially further my career elsewhere. I had surgery this year and hit my out of pocket maximum of $2,000. Haven't paid a penny for anything health-related since then.