In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 22nd, 2017 at 2:51:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Meanwhile I'm loving that maternity coverage Obamacare makes me buy!

If you castrate yourself, you should be allowed to opt out.

Otherwise: deal with it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2017 at 3:24:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
If you castrate yourself, you should be allowed to opt out.

Otherwise: deal with it.

Screw that. I can never use it so why should I have to buy it?

Makes no sense.

Do women have to pay for prostrate coverage? If they did they would be screaming and rightly so!
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2017 at 3:58:07 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Isn't this how... well, everything works?

It's a serious question. I have a kid consuming public education. You pay for that. I've a bulls#$% med bill I'm still refusing to pay. I'm told we all pay for that. I reckon petro's got some friends up north that pay mad road tax on fuel that's burned... in the ocean. And you just know terapined leaves his shopping carts in the lot, which results in higher costs to employ a cart retriever. Hell, all you non-smoking folks are bleeding me dry, as I prop up your world with my thousands per year donated to the Machine's coffers. How is insurance different in this respect?

Quote: ams288

That is one thing Obamacare has done very successfully. It's changed how people think about healthcare.

There might be a chance, years down the line, that it is this that's hailed as one of those Really Big Things. I think the ACA is s#$%, but I think what you posted has great value, and where my current hope lies.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 22nd, 2017 at 4:21:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
Isn't this how... well, everything works?

It's a serious question. I have a kid consuming public education. You pay for that. I've a bulls#$% med bill I'm still refusing to pay. I'm told we all pay for that. I reckon petro's got some friends up north that pay mad road tax on fuel that's burned... in the ocean. And you just know terapined leaves his shopping carts in the lot, which results in higher costs to employ a cart retriever. Hell, all you non-smoking folks are bleeding me dry, as I prop up your world with my thousands per year donated to the Machine's coffers. How is insurance different in this respect?

There might be a chance, years down the line, that it is this that's hailed as one of those Really Big Things. I think the ACA is s#$%, but I think what you posted has great value, and where my current hope lies.

Damm straight after I load my groceries in the car. I leave the cart in the lot.
On the flip side, if I park near an empty cart, I grab it and walk it into the store to use
As a society, we pay for all kinds of stuff we never use.
Majority of my local taxes are for schools. I have no children and have no problem supporting the local school system with my taxes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 22nd, 2017 at 4:34:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
She wasn't supposed to even remain in the election.
She never would have been elected if her father hadn't given her his seat when he became governor.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 22nd, 2017 at 5:22:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Cafeteria Plans wherein people pick and choose from column A and column B does make more sense. Females can choose pregnancy coverage. The price tag is indicated and you get a certain number of "dollars" to spend on healthcare as you choose.
September 22nd, 2017 at 5:25:27 PM permalink
ams288

Makes no sense.

Actually, it makes perfect sense if the goal is to not force women to have to pay more than men for their coverage.

I can absolutely understand your argument that you'll never get pregnant, so you shouldn't have to pay for it. But with the system we are stuck with, it's the only way to not saddle women with higher rates just because they're women...

Perhaps what it all comes down to is health insurance is a scam to begin with...
September 22nd, 2017 at 5:28:35 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Fleastiff
Cafeteria Plans wherein people pick and choose from column A and column B does make more sense

Hah. I was literally just reading an article about why this does NOT make more sense.

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/9ambzz/a-friendly-reminder-of-how-health-insurance-works
September 22nd, 2017 at 5:32:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
She never would have been elected if her father hadn't given her his seat when he became governor.

Murkowski?
She earned her seat
Cmon, she rewon her senate seat by write in votes
That's incredible
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 22nd, 2017 at 6:33:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Murkowski?
She earned her seat
Cmon, she rewon her senate seat by write in votes
That's incredible
She won because she was incumbent. Before she got his seat, nobody knew who she was. Nepotism at it's max.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW