GOP healthcare bill is dead
Its so dead, they cant even take a vote
ROTFL
What a weak party, the vote is meaningless, they vote
The vote means something, then they don't vote
Weakest party ever to hold power
They cant pass jack
lol

I look at it differently. The few (5?) Senators that will not vote for the repeal bill are doing their job. They are not just following the Republican "bosses' and toeing the party line. Too bad there wasn't one Democrat Senator with enough cajones to say "I like the concept of the ACA, but let's look at it more carefully before we pass it without reading it". Then perhaps a bill would have been passed that didn't need the 'fixing' the present bill needs.

Since Trump is not a Republican, it will be interesting to see if the Dems come up with some minor changes to the ACA that he (Trump) can get behind. I think as long as he can say he repealed the ACA and has replaced it with "Trumpcare" he will be satisfied, even if there are really no substantive differences.

And I totally agree with you that it is PATHETIC that these Republican NO voters voted YES when the bill was just a show, and had no chance of becoming a law. But when it really matters, they just show how disingenuous they are.
September 26th, 2017 at 2:38:25 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
In this little healthcare drama, I have trouble with the archetypes the players represent.

So who is Lucy, who is Charlie Brown, and who is the football?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 26th, 2017 at 2:56:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Too bad there wasn't one Democrat Senator with enough cajones to say "I like the concept of the ACA, but let's look at it more carefully before we pass it without reading it". Then perhaps a bill would have been passed that didn't need the 'fixing' the present bill needs.

Pretty sure this was something that had to be passed first. Everyone should be saying (Now and then) we are going to have to fix whatever we pass. No matter what it is.

No way anyone would ever get it right out of the box. Even if they duplicated every detail of another working health plan our country still has unique systems, laws and entities in place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 26th, 2017 at 11:19:46 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
64% of america agrees with Trump on national anthum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://remingtonresearchgroup.com/surveys/NFL_9-25-17.pdf

take that lil man!!!!!! noone agrees with u!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
September 27th, 2017 at 4:38:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
So who is Lucy, who is Charlie Brown, and who is the football?

McCain is Lucy, McConnell is Charlie Brown, and Donald is the football.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 27th, 2017 at 4:54:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Interesting race in Alabama
Trump supported Strange
Moore beat Strange
Trump deletes all his Strange tweets

Hmm, very Strange, we need Moore of this :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 27th, 2017 at 4:56:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
Universities should get out of the football businessi
A lot of things should happen but alumni donate more if their teams win and stay in touch with the alumini office and planned giving office if theteams win.

From high schools on up, sports is the business they are in. And that is indeed a terrible situation.
September 27th, 2017 at 5:06:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Interesting race in Alabama
Trump supported Strange
Moore beat Strange
Trump deletes all his Strange tweets

Hmm, very Strange, we need Moore of this :-)

lol... Roy Moore is a lunatic. I have no doubt the voters of Alabama will send him to the Senate.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 27th, 2017 at 12:51:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
lol... Roy Moore is a lunatic. I have no doubt the voters of Alabama will send him to the Senate.

Apparently he is farther right than Ted Cruz...... Outwardly anti-gay.... Not a friend of religious diversity.....
He will win Alabama Senate seat easily.

Terapined saying we need Moore of this is quite shortsighted. There are worse politicians than DJT.
September 27th, 2017 at 12:56:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
There are worse politicians than DJT.

He's not a politician, never has been
or will be. He thinks totally differently
than they do. He's not ever worried
about the next election, that's why
he says whatever he wants.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.