In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 8th, 2017 at 9:23:22 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
dis gay coffe shop owner is scum

http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-coffee-shop-owner-kicks-christians-out-goes-on-vulgar-rant-about-things-hed-do-to-jesus-202059/

hope sumone sues him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 10th, 2017 at 3:27:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Women go overseas for plastic surgery, get stuck when faces no longer match passports

Vanity seems to reside in every culture. I at least hope they were not trying to look more like the Kardashians.
The President is a fink.
October 10th, 2017 at 5:06:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Women go overseas for plastic surgery, get stuck when faces no longer match passports

Vanity seems to reside in every culture. I at least hope they were not trying to look more like the Kardashians.

Yikes. I've seen enough episodes of Botched to know that you should NEVER leave the country to have plastic surgery. It's a recipe for disaster.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 10th, 2017 at 6:14:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Medical travel is a booming business and is often a great savings to the patient.
Plastic surgery is usually a laxly regulated sub specialty and, as always, there are risks.
On foreign centers there is often a great deal of information available since reputations are their only asset.
October 13th, 2017 at 2:28:39 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
some thoughts on the California wildfires:

*Cal. wine , never cheap, will really be expensive soon

*the death toll will soon match Puerto Rico and may dwarf it, with 400 now missing!

*seems to me this is not the usual region for the area to have wildfires? are people in that area not used to escaping from the danger?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 13th, 2017 at 6:19:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
*seems to me this is not the usual region for the area to have wildfires? are people in that area not used to escaping from the danger?

I suppose big wildfires are the Darwinian solution for people who wait around to the last minute, or can't get their ass in gear. Probably second only to tornadoes for coming in fast.

Small wildfires with little wind you can walk away from. But not these kind.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 13th, 2017 at 9:45:00 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: rxwine
I suppose big wildfires are the Darwinian solution for people who wait around to the last minute, or can't get their ass in gear. Probably second only to tornadoes for coming in fast.

Small wildfires with little wind you can walk away from. But not these kind.

The reports of fatalities that I have read seem to involve elderly or disabled folks. Very sad.
October 13th, 2017 at 11:04:25 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Ayecarumba
The reports of fatalities that I have read seem to involve elderly or disabled folks. Very sad.
Elderly, disabled, or simply lacking their own vehicle or the ability to drive. Sometimes its a matter of lifestyle: they are not glued to TV sets or radios all day long.
October 13th, 2017 at 11:04:26 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Ayecarumba
Elderly, disabled, or simply lacking their own vehicle or the ability to drive. Sometimes its a matter of lifestyle: they are not glued to TV sets or radios all day long. And sometimes its no place to go.
October 13th, 2017 at 12:01:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Why did Trump have to go an label Iran's guard as terrorists? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-13/trump-invites-crushing-response-after-designating-irans-revolutionary-guard-terroris

Germany, UK, France and Russia disagree. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-13/germany-uk-france-and-russia-slam-trumps-decision-decertify-iran-deal

Iran should have known better than to ever, ever sign any treaty with the US looking at her past history of never keeping one single treaty yet.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW