In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 9th, 2017 at 6:23:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
lol.... this is sooooo wrong, it's quite humorous.

I wonder if AZDuffman knows how many "family farms" have to pay estate tax?

No, the estate tax isn't killing family farms.

I'm honestly in awe of the right wing media. They can convince someone like AZDuffman, who will never ever have to deal with the estate tax in his life, to support it based solely on talking points and falsehoods.

How many farms is not the issue. The issue is how many businesses, and in the first place that tax has already been paid on those items in the first place.

I support it because it is right to support no estate tax. The left wing media has bred a greedy generation that thinks it is good to take from someone else just because they have it!
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2017 at 7:42:44 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: ams288

I support it because it is right to support no estate tax. The left wing media has bred a greedy generation that thinks it is good to take from someone else just because they have it!

This is why I am against the estate tax. Thanks for putting it in one sentence for me.

I don't know what happened to the boxes but obviously the quote is AZ's, not ams'....
November 9th, 2017 at 8:21:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A dynasty of wealth passed from generation to generation sounds pretty anti-Republican values. Hard work, making your way.

What happened to that part?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 9th, 2017 at 9:03:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
A dynasty of wealth passed from generation to generation sounds pretty anti-Republican values. Hard work, making your way.

Building and keeping a family business is the best reflection of conservative values. How is it not?

Taking it away because of greed and anger that someone else has more than you, dem is liberal Democrat values.
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2017 at 9:16:07 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Not planing on leaving anything to your heirs rxwine?

You want to take 50% every year from someone that works hard and smart with long hours. If he is successful enough to still amass wealth under that tax regime you then what to take another huge bite of what is left when he dies sounds more than fair to me ;-)

But if you are a teacher (or pretty much any public servant) who get more paid time off than any private sector worker, can't really be fired except for gross negligence and usually coast through life you want to award them a million dollar retirement benefit package. Somehow I can't connect you dots.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 9th, 2017 at 9:26:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Building and keeping a family business is the best reflection of conservative values. How is it not?

I'm not going to say it's good or bad, but for a political group that likes to talk about merit, passing wealth down based on family connection is one of the least meritless contrivances in all of human history, bar none.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 9th, 2017 at 9:31:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Not planing on leaving anything to your heirs rxwine?

Actually, I'm just pointing out how Republicans favor one of the most meritless systems in existence based on relationship.

(Btw, they all get a lump a coal when I'm dead. You want one?)
November 9th, 2017 at 9:36:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Kenerman , later today, maybe I will check at the country clubs and look around the wealthy neighborhoods and try to catch the teachers at all their idle play.

You've painted an alarming view, I was not aware of.
November 9th, 2017 at 9:40:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I'm not going to say it's good or bad, but for a political group that likes to talk about merit, passing wealth down based on family connection is one of the least meritless contrivances in all of human history, bar none.

Actually social programs are meritless. Passing wealth down is taking care of your family.

Why do blacks especially but other minorities not have the wealth of whites? One of the biggest reasons is they do not amass wealth and pass it on. This was a big positive in the Bush43 SS plan. Keep 2% of your amassed account for yourself, then you can pass it down. Liberals attacked the plan like they attacked nothing else in history, can't have that!

Whites are more likely to save and own a house plus some kind of retirement plan. They pass it down. Blacks are less likely to own a home or IRA/401k plan. Look who is a larger user of social programs per capita? Other minorities are not here long enough to get so many generations to pass down, but we can already guess. Asians will pass more down than whites in all likelyhood. Hispanics will probably fall somewhere between whites and blacks, a little further towards less of blacks than more of whites.

Passing wealth is a good thing.
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2017 at 9:41:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Kenerman , later today, maybe I will check at the country clubs and look around the wealthy neighborhoods and try to catch the teachers at all their idle play.

Cruise around tomorrow, when they have the paid Armistice Day holiday to lounge, while the working people either work, or like me are forced to take off without pay.
The President is a fink.