In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 16th, 2017 at 10:04:17 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Are the reps/cons asking why the Franken accuser is just coming forward now?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 16th, 2017 at 10:15:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64

Why would her timing be an issue? He is not up for re-election so late that his name could not be replaces and his accuser did not work for the other party.

His was a stolen election in the first place.
The President is a fink.
November 16th, 2017 at 10:42:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64

Of course not
No way AZ would question an accuser against a DEM
Its all about politics to AZ
He only questions accusers against conservatives
sad

Politics is meaningless when it come to sexual assault, unless you are AZ

Bill Clinton is a disgusting sexual predator
Donald Trump is a disgusting sexual predator
To defend one and attack the other is the height of hypocrisy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 16th, 2017 at 10:48:10 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Donald Trump is a disgusting sexual predator
What sexual predation are you saying Trump has done?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 16th, 2017 at 10:57:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
What sexual predation are you saying Trump has done?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 16th, 2017 at 11:10:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
His was a stolen election in the first place.

Haha. Nonsense.

Anyway, I believe MN has a Dem governor, so if Franken were to step down there'd be a Dem replacement. So he can go. I don't care.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2017 at 11:44:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
Haha. Nonsense.

Not at all. Ballots mysteriously "found" during a recount. Counting what they "thought was intended" vs what was actually there. 100% stolen election.
The President is a fink.
November 16th, 2017 at 11:46:48 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations
From the Wiki link you posted, this is what I see after reading it completely. "Donald (2016) and ex-wife Ivana Trump (2007), who privately[1] accused him of rape during their 1989 divorce, adding publicly in 1993: "but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense" That's about the worst? She later recanted, but I have always had mixed reservations about spousal rape? Maybe, maybe not, IDK. But I agree if a spouse absolutely does not want to have sex, they shouldn't be forced, and also on either side it is grounds for divorce and should exclude any possible alimony.

Then in the link, there are some claims, "accused of sexual assault and sexual harassment, including non-consensual kissing or groping, by at least fifteen women since the 1980s. Those accusations have resulted in three widely-reported instances of litigation: his then-wife Ivana made a rape claim during their 1989 divorce litigation but later recanted that claim; businesswoman Jill Harth sued Trump in 1997 alleging breach of contract while also suing for nonviolent sexual harassment but withdrew the latter suit when the former was settled; and, in 2017, former Apprentice contestant Summer Zervos filed a defamation lawsuit after Trump called her a liar.[5]" Even if he is guilty of all these claims, that does not equal sexual predation, which in my mind is rape, in one orifice or another, such as sodomy or forced oral sex.

No one other than his ex wife, who is now a supporter and also recanted her claim has said Trump did much other than be a cad or take a peak or maybe cop a feel. In this day and age, definitely not PC, but I don't get any kind of rape out of it, do you?

Although wealthy enough to pay claimants off admittedly, he hasn't been charged with anything. And I don't see myself as defending him. But I think we should choose our words of sexual misconduct carefully as otherwise decent [mostly men] can lose careers or end up in jail over loose accusations.

As I have said before, I have been threatened with sexual accusations which I was in no way guilty of, and purposely kept a distance and made sure I didn't say anything that could be mistaken for sexual innuendo. It irritates the crap out of me, that these accusations can be tossed around so lightly usually by women, and it does so much damage. I spoke with an attorney at the time, and he said unless I could prove financial damages, her right to free speech was equal to my right to not have my character asssasinated.

So, if they do something like Hastert, or Weinstein like actual sex, they shouldn't be accused of being a "sexual" predator, IMO.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 16th, 2017 at 12:17:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Not at all. Ballots mysteriously "found" during a recount. Counting what they "thought was intended" vs what was actually there. 100% stolen election.

Not that I'm agreeing with your premise (I'm not), but if I recall correctly he easily won reelection, so this seems like irrelevant whining 9 years later.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2017 at 1:37:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
Not that I'm agreeing with your premise (I'm not), but if I recall correctly he easily won reelection, so this seems like irrelevant whining 9 years later.

Fruit of the poison tree. If some alleged behavior 20 years ago is relevant, then why is it not to point out how he won?

Not "whining." Not saying, just saying.
The President is a fink.