In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 13th, 2017 at 2:51:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
This is a riot. Jones winning takes all
the wind out of the Lib medias sails.

A liberal just won Jeff Sessions's Alabama senate seat and righties are pretending this is bad news for the lib media.

Truly delusional.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2017 at 3:45:00 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Yeah, I would prefer a democrat vote to a protracted ethics battle and a republican vote for a bunch of stuff I don't agree with.

I didn't think Jones would actually win. I didn't think it would really be close, either.

So if a Moore win would have been heralded as a Trump "victory," will anyone own Moore's loss as a Trump "defeat," especially in such a deep red state as Alabama?

People.were pointing out how Dems had done much better in some of these red areas, but still lost. Now they have won some traditionally red seats in state legislatures, and now one at the federal level.

I think I would also agree that this race was a win-win for the Democrats, but ultimately this particular win, by winning the election, is the one I prefer.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 13th, 2017 at 4:45:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The last three candidates Trump backed lost. Moore, Strange, and the one before that. (n. Carolina?) Right?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2017 at 4:48:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
The last three candidates Trump backed lost. Moore, Strange, and the one before that. (n. Carolina?) Right?

Trump 0-2 in deep red Alabama endorsements
lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2017 at 5:34:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
It gets even better. The never-Trumpers had a
meeting all set for 9am tomorrow on how they
were going to censure Moore and not put him
on any committees until the ethics probe
had cleared him. Now all of that good fun
is gone, and Jones seat is up again for
grabs in 2 years, where he'll probably
get kicked out by a Repub.

They are going to paint this as some kind of big win and "problems in Trump country." All that bad press and the margin is the write-in votes? Trump Train will just keep moving. What is the over/under on days until Hillary announces she is in for 2020?
The President is a fink.
December 13th, 2017 at 5:35:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
This is good for the country. I think it is better for us if people of low moral character lose, then they will less likely run again. I do not think it is in any way a rebuke on Trump, rather, it is a rebuke on Roy Moore. I do agree that the liberal MEDIA is probably unhappy, as it does take a long continuing news story away from them. But it clearly helps the liberal Democrats fight the Trump agenda, as getting 50 out of 51 is substantially harder than getting 50 out of 52. And that is why it IS a big win for the Democrats.
December 13th, 2017 at 5:40:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
What is the over/under on days until Hillary announces she is in for 2020?

Now you KNOW last night was devastating for righties: it's only 8am and all they got is "Hillary will lose in 2020."

Yeah, she will, cause she won't be running.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2017 at 5:50:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Now you KNOW last night was devastating for righties: it's only 8am and all they got is "Hillary will lose in 2020."

Yeah, she will, cause she won't be running.

ROTFL
Why does the right have a problem with reality?
Last night, as it looked bad for Moore
Moore campaign ordered all TV's turned off because they just could not deal with reality
They started singing church hymns and praying for gods intervention into the election.
sad
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2017 at 6:11:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288

Come now. We know the GOP does not need a Senate seat in Alabama. they still have their other 51 seats, and the GOP has been batting under .200, so it's as good as can be expected.

I'm surprised we haven't heard about rigged elections, electoral fraud, fake news, or that Alabama will be expelled from the Union and its soil saturated with salt.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 13th, 2017 at 7:17:40 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Dear Black voters of Alabama,

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Sincerely

The World
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER