In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 14th, 2017 at 12:23:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Tom Steyer may run. The wealthy guy running the Impeach Trump campaign. Bernie is about the most serious guy personality I can stand. Steyer is so super serious, I find him somewhat offputting. Somewhat like Ralph Nader. Crack a smile once in awhile dude.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2017 at 12:30:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Tom Steyer may run.

I've been thinking that too. Seems like all the ads he's constantly running are leading up to something.

Oh dear God, this thread has become the 2020 Election thread...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 14th, 2017 at 12:30:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I forgot about him. I guess he is a possibility. Someone mentioned Kamala Harris, and I'm thinking she's a likely possibility as well.

It's way too early to even guess.

Except that there will likely be a big field in the Democratic primaries, and almost certainly a serious challenger to Trump in the GOP primaries.

Regardless of the latter, it will be entertaining to see the Orange Twit defending his terrible record by blaming it on Hillary Clinton, Robert Mueller, Chuck and Nancy, and CNN
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 14th, 2017 at 12:45:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Tom Steyer may run. .

I hope so. He has the personality of
a HS vice principal, and who doesn't
hate that guy. Like most billionaires
who aren't Trump, Steyer is about as
likeable as a roll of wet paper towels.
He takes himself wayyyyy too seriously
to ever connect with people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 14th, 2017 at 1:17:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I hope so. He has the personality of
a HS vice principal, and who doesn't
hate that guy. Like most billionaires
who aren't Trump, Steyer is about as
likeable as a roll of wet paper towels.
He takes himself wayyyyy too seriously
to ever connect with people.

I don't see any Democrat with much personality or energy level on deck. They will all just run as anti-Trump, thinking the average voter hates Trump as much as they do. Dems did the same in 2004, thought everyone hated Bush. Mark Cuban can be likable, but I do not think he has the ability to get a following like Trump does.

So far the Democrat plan seems to be "find a minority that can talk bad about Trump."
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2017 at 1:37:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Mark Cuban can be likable,

Mark Cuban always seems like he's
one urge away from telling people
they're the biggest jerks he's ever
met. He's impatient, which most
really rich people are. Time is money.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 14th, 2017 at 11:01:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
When your mom is nuts. I guess she used gofund me campaigns and other means of charitable help to keep up the treatments.

Quote:
A community in northeast Dallas, Texas is reeling over a 34-year-old mother charged with child abuse after spending the past eight years taking her son to 323 doctor visits and putting him through 13 major surgeries.

Kaylene, of Lake Highlands, was arraigned in Dallas County Dec. 6 on a warrant accusing her of injury to a child with serious bodily injury with bail set at $150,000, according to court documents. Bowenwright was also ordered not to communicate with her son Christopher, 8, and have no contact with other minors.

"Throughout his young life, Christopher has been placed full time on oxygen and, at times, used a wheelchair. He's endured invasive procedures and surgeries, including being fitted with a feeding tube that fed directly into his small intestine and led to multiple life-threatening blood infections," the Star-Telegram reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/texas-mother-charged-with-child-abuse-after-son-had-323-doctor-visits-and-13-major-surgeries/ar-BBGHBqv?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2017 at 2:39:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
When your mom is nuts. I guess she used gofund me campaigns and other means of charitable help to keep up the treatments.

A case of 'Munchausen's syndrome by proxy' it appears, you can call it mental illness ... however, it is hard to sympathize with ... or excuse ... such people for me. Lock em up.

The doctors and hospitals involved should be getting some scrutiny too, although the kid finally landed into the care of someone sane it appears; perhaps only after the father took some action.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 15th, 2017 at 2:47:57 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Munchausen by proxy is rare; it usually involves a doctor who wants to write an article.

Obviously in this case something went wrong but doctors do have to rely on parent's statements to them about the little brats.
December 15th, 2017 at 11:32:26 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Fresh Air reports that some scientist used ether to put a venus flytrap under anesthesia for about fifteen minutes.