In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 16th, 2017 at 7:03:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
"The California state Senate is considering a bill that would punish health care workers up to a year in jail if they “willfully and repeatedly” decline to address a transgender resident with their “preferred name or pronouns.”

I'd last about an hour. Call yourself
what you like, getting me to go
along with it, that's a different story.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 16th, 2017 at 7:14:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
I'd last about an hour. Call yourself
what you like, getting me to go
along with it, that's a different story.
It is a lousy job as it is. I can imagine the enterprise trying to run a going concern, also trying to avoid being sued by the clients. And then the workers who, getting abused, is almost part of their job description. Just one more thing to try to comply with for a living wage. Many years ago, it was a platform of the dem party to try to represent these workers, to some extent. Now not so much. Do the job, and make the mistake of mis characterizing someone, and risk a fine and jail time? Makes sitting at home on the dole even more attractive. Have a kid and it pays more.

The PR police should try that job for a week or two, wiping asses of 300 pounders while being cursed at. Fun times.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 16th, 2017 at 7:42:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
"The California state Senate is considering a bill that would punish health care workers up to a year in jail if they “willfully and repeatedly” decline to address a transgender resident with their “preferred name or pronouns.” http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/19/use-wrong-pronoun-for-transgender-senior-california-may-punish.html

CA will not be happy until every normal person is driven out of the state.
The President is a fink.
December 16th, 2017 at 8:20:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
CA will not be happy until every normal person is driven out of the state.

I know somebody who lives there, the
normals are leaving in droves. Illegals
run it all, they get away with murder.
He was born there and now he's afraid
of his own city.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2017 at 4:55:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I know somebody who lives there, the
normals are leaving in droves. Illegals
run it all, they get away with murder.
He was born there and now he's afraid
of his own city.

What is amazing is how many I talk to online who think the place is just the best. Point out the exploding homeless and illegal populations, the high cost of everything, you name it. Just point out what a gilded society they have and they think you are the crazy one. Six figures to afford a small place? NO PROBLEM!

Never seen anything like it.
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2017 at 6:34:02 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Heck, if its six figures to afford a place to put your shopping cart filled with all your posessions when you are homeless someone must be doing something right in that state.
December 17th, 2017 at 6:39:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Add Chris Matthews to the list.
December 17th, 2017 at 11:24:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
What is amazing is how many I talk to online who think the place is just the best..

They're lying, count on it. Lying and
in denial. They put up with so much
crap they think it's a normal way
to live. I left Calif 35 years ago because
of the homeless problem, and it wasn't
even a 'problem' yet. I can't even
imagine living there now.
December 17th, 2017 at 12:09:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
They're lying, count on it. Lying and
in denial. They put up with so much
crap they think it's a normal way
to live. I left Calif 35 years ago because
of the homeless problem, and it wasn't
even a 'problem' yet. I can't even
imagine living there now.

I think it is part denial and part they just do not know what "normal" is. Google moved or was going to move their HQ here, across town. Amounted to 20-30 miles but would be a commute of an hour one to the other. They would not believe that they would lose most of their employees over it. Thought an hour commute was "normal." Regular people will not put up with that. People in CA seem to figure they are destined to endless commutes.
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2017 at 2:00:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Ecuador tells Assange to butt out of Catalonia/Spain dispute on which he has been commenting from his broom closet in the London embassy for a zillion years. No comment from his kitten yet,.