In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 12th, 2018 at 8:32:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"I think we have created 10's of millions of people that will never want to work. "

Maybe, but they have to resign themselves
to never having a decent place to live, or
a decent car, or even a decent GF. That
gets kind of old my age 30. Never having
good credit, never owning a home, never
taking a good vacay. Never having personal
dignity. Tough way to live your entire life
that way.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 12th, 2018 at 8:45:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
"It's not all anger and condemnation in Africa after President Donald Trump's vulgar remark about immigrants. Some on the continent say they agree.
"President Donald Trump is absolutely right," says Mamady Traore, a 30-year-old sociologist in the West African nation of Guinea. "When you have heads of state who mess with the constitutions to perpetuate their power. When you have rebel factions that kill children, disembowel women as saints, who mutilate innocent civilians."
One African source on Friday said that Trump had only said what many Africans say behind closed doors — at least about the continent’s most troubled nations.'

Associated Press
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 13th, 2018 at 3:15:45 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
"I think we have created 10's of millions of people that will never want to work. "
. Never having good credit, never owning a home, never taking a good vacay. Never having personal dignity.
Tough way to live your entire life that way.

There is always alcoholism and the drug trade as escape routes.
January 13th, 2018 at 3:47:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Maybe, but they have to resign themselves
to never having a decent place to live, or
a decent car, or even a decent GF. That
gets kind of old my age 30. Never having
good credit, never owning a home, never
taking a good vacay. Never having personal
dignity. Tough way to live your entire life
that way.

I don't think you realize how many people are OK with living like this. It is sad but plenty of people are content to live a ghetto or white trash lifestyle, being a lump, watching daytime TV, and just getting by. They see people working a full week but not getting anywhere so figure just sponge. They cannot imagine literally or figuratively leaving the neighborhood.
The President is a fink.
January 13th, 2018 at 4:18:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
President Donald Trump on Friday received his annual medical checkup, his first ever while serving as commander in chief.
"The President's physical exam today at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center went exceptionally well. The President is in excellent health and I look forward to briefing some of the details on Tuesday," Jackson said.

This memo was released by the WH. It was purported to be written by the doctor who administered the physical. However, the memo misspelled the doctor's name. LOL
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 13th, 2018 at 9:41:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't think you realize how many people are OK with living like this. It is sad but plenty of people are content to live a ghetto or white trash lifestyle, being a lump, watching daytime TV, and just getting by. They see people working a full week but not getting anywhere so figure just sponge. They cannot imagine literally or figuratively leaving the neighborhood.

I have a friend who is an ambulance chaser (attorney). He will go to your house or apartment for the initial meet up when he is trying to get you to use him, at a time convenient for you. In the suburbs that is usually in the evening, after work. In the city it is usually during the day. He tells me it is stunning how many able bodied adults tend to be in the house mid day when he goes to 'the hood' to meet a prospective client. He does not believe it is because they are disproportionally off shift workers.
January 13th, 2018 at 10:00:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I have a friend who is an ambulance chaser (attorney). He will go to your house or apartment for the initial meet up when he is trying to get you to use him, at a time convenient for you. In the suburbs that is usually in the evening, after work. In the city it is usually during the day. He tells me it is stunning how many able bodied adults tend to be in the house mid day when he goes to 'the hood' to meet a prospective client. He does not believe it is because they are disproportionally off shift workers.

Meaningless
I've worked hard my whole life
I have never ever been on unemployment
yet
I am home all day. Somebody delivers a package in the middle of the day, I answer the door and sign for it.
I love being home all day. No long commute.
My commute is walking upstairs to my home office.
The entire company I work for has gone virtual.
Its a massive company and everybody works from home.
We are open 24/7
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 13th, 2018 at 10:40:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
content to live a ghetto or white trash lifestyle, being a lump, watching daytime TV, and just getting by.

Two years ago I was getting new
tires at Belle Tire. It was 11am
and the waiting room was full,
15 mostly Blacks and of color
people. There was a big TV and
it had on a game show I never
heard of. I hadn't seen a morning
TV show since the 60's.

Every one of those people knew
the show intimately and most were
verbally involved in it. I was stunned.
These people had to be home
and watching this crap at 11am to
know it this well. I had no idea what
it was, they knew it well.

The real people were at work, 11am
is when the losers who watch TV
all day get their tire work done. Where
they got the money is still a mystery
to me. I know a least 2 of them were
drug dealers, it was obvious.
January 13th, 2018 at 11:11:18 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Yeah, I mean who ever heard of working evenings and weekends? You can tell because everyplace is only open from 9-5 M-F.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 13th, 2018 at 11:45:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
Yeah, I mean who ever heard of working evenings and weekends? You can tell because everyplace is only open from 9-5 M-F.

I'm sure that's what it was, they were
all 2nd shift people who sit around in
the mornings watching game shows.

LOLOLOLOL!!!