Quote: Evenbob
....Every one of those people knew
the show intimately and most were
verbally involved in it. I was stunned.
These people had to be home
and watching this crap at 11am to
know it this well. I had no idea what
it was, they knew it well.

I remember seeing some daytime show and it shocked me a little, that the rotund commenter's could discuss from memory, the menu and pricing at MD's.

It flashes in my memory from time to time that, as recent as the 80's, if I were unemployed I would be out getting building materials for redoing houses. When I would see other working age males out and about during the day, I would wonder why they weren't at work? But that was in the country. It is different in the city.

Now there are plenty of working age people, not only unemployed and not looking for work, but they are out spending. Where do that money come from? Yeah sure some are night workers, but the rest aren't.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 13th, 2018 at 12:21:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 118
Quote: petroglyph
Where does that money come from? Yeah sure some are night workers, but the rest aren't.

Believe me, the people I saw, for
the most part, had no job anywhere.
You could tell by their hair and clothes
and their waistbands being around
their knees. Who the hell would hire
them. But man, were they verbally
involved in that game show. Like they
were in the live audience in the studio.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 13th, 2018 at 12:45:46 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 54
A man's gotta stay home until the welfare check gets there otherwise the old lady will take it.
January 13th, 2018 at 1:04:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 18
Quote: Evenbob
Believe me, the people I saw, for
the most part, had no job anywhere.
That is part of the reason I say the unemployment numbers are cooked . Plenty of the folks we have described are not counted in the unemployed statistics. When the msm says "record percentage employed", that is only possible, if large swaths of people are not counted.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
January 13th, 2018 at 1:18:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 108
Quote: petroglyph
That is part of the reason I say the unemployment numbers are cooked . Plenty of the folks we have described are not counted in the unemployed statistics. When the msm says "record percentage employed", that is only possible, if large swaths of people are not counted.

This is known and was a big thing in the Obama "recovery." The rate went down because participation went down. Amazing when you consider just what percent of people do not work at all.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 13th, 2018 at 1:27:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 118
Quote: Fleastiff
A man's gotta stay home until the welfare check gets there otherwise the old lady will take it.

All gov't checks and benefits have
been paperless since 2013. Direct
deposit only. This stopped the mail
theft of thousands of checks a
month. No more waiting for grannies
SS check to come so the crackhead
grandson could get it before she did.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 13th, 2018 at 1:30:12 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 5
Quote: AZDuffman
This is known and was a big thing in the Obama "recovery." The rate went down because participation went down. Amazing when you consider just what percent of people do not work at all.

It hasn't gone up under Trump, either. Same numbers, same trend. Except a couple dozen tweets from DJT over the Obama years claiming those low numbers were fake and throwing crazy high percentages out there instead.

Now, magically, those complaints have disappeared and he can't praise himself enough for low numbers. I wonder if he learned something, or is just a troll. There's no 3rd option.

If someone isn't looking for work, hard to accurately count them as unemployed. Maybe working illegally, maybe living off someone else, maybe living off past income, who knows.

I worked all nights and weekends for about 15 years. My day shifts fell on weekend days, my days off were Mon-Tue, would return for at least 2 swings Wed Thur. So, yeah, I'd be in Tire Kingdom at 11am. Or home for a package delivery. You can get a LOT done when you work opposite a m-f 9-5 schedule.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 13th, 2018 at 1:54:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 130
Restaurants, theaters, bars, gas stations, convenience stores, supermarkets, chain stores like Walmart, Kmart, etc, and even the Malls stay open till 9 usually. Not to mention, police, fire departments, hospitals, small care clinics, and security people work all night.

What planet do you people live on who think workers aren't there in the days. On top of that lot of people work weekends and have days in the middle of the week off instead.

Ever notice business are open on weekends?! Wtf.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
January 13th, 2018 at 1:58:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs

I worked all nights and weekends for about 15 years. My day shifts fell on weekend days, my days off were Mon-Tue, would return for at least 2 swings Wed Thur. So, yeah, I'd be in Tire Kingdom at 11am. Or home for a package delivery. You can get a LOT done when you work opposite a m-f 9-5 schedule.

That you can. It was the only thing I ever liked about working swing shift. Working from home? Fughrddabaddit! Workmen come over to getting a haircut, I just fit it in. My dad was more impressed when he saw me working at home than when I ran a office full of 15+ people

That all being said, it is not all that hard to tell the difference between the shift worker and the lumps EB is describing. People can be PC about it all they want, it is easy to see. It is the reason a welfare caseworker will "suggest" to a promising looking person to get there before 10AM so they can get in and out. The lumps are just rolling out of bed mid-morning.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 13th, 2018 at 2:23:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Migrants Fleeing to Canada Learn Even a Liberal Nation Has Limits

The lamestream media tell you that the average Canadian loves illegal immigration. Maybe not!