In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 14th, 2018 at 6:37:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 7865
Quote: Dalex64
And what evidence backs up his assertion that the people he saw, for the most part, had no job anywhere?


Cops would call it a "hunch." Or you could use the proper but un-PC term of "they fit the profile."

I'm in my late-40s, EB is older than me. I get what he was saying. You live life. You see things. You might be wrong sometimes, but you are probably right 80% of the time.

I've heard the story of the car salesman who thought the dirty farmer had no money and was fooling around when he said he wanted to buy 3 trucks for cash, and lost the sale to another salesman. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the successful car salesman who smartly keys in on traits of people.

In "Mad Men," did Don Draper say, "We want to market to housewives. But every housewife is different! So, we need 2 million different ads to make sure we reach out to each and every one!"????

No. He had Peggy go to Burger Chef and survey a sample. Based on the sample, he found the common traits.

Who cares if there were a few shift workers there? EB made a general observation. What is so wrong with this?
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 14th, 2018 at 9:54:38 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Member since: Sep 3, 2013
Threads: 5
Posts: 1432
Quote: AZDuffman
Cops would call it a "hunch." Or you could use the proper but un-PC term of "they fit the profile."

I'm in my late-40s, EB is older than me. I get what he was saying. You live life. You see things. You might be wrong sometimes, but you are probably right 80% of the time.

I've heard the story of the car salesman who thought the dirty farmer had no money and was fooling around when he said he wanted to buy 3 trucks for cash, and lost the sale to another salesman. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the successful car salesman who smartly keys in on traits of people.

In "Mad Men," did Don Draper say, "We want to market to housewives. But every housewife is different! So, we need 2 million different ads to make sure we reach out to each and every one!"????

No. He had Peggy go to Burger Chef and survey a sample. Based on the sample, he found the common traits.

Who cares if there were a few shift workers there? EB made a general observation. What is so wrong with this?


"What is so wrong with this?"

It's actually the center of the issue. For example, I never considered myself an "SJW" (which I'm not, by common modern definition) but to you two I am, simply for objecting to your diminutive labeling and generalizations.

You impute a whole group of negative values to these labels, then you assign them to anyone who

1. disagrees with you.
2. objects to being pigeonholed by you.
3. looks different from you.
4. has different values than you.

It's a tactic designed to insult, to fragment, to isolate, to demean other people into positions lesser than the societal place you think you occupy. You might not even realize you are doing it, or how it's heard any more, you've been doing it so long.

The base of it is xenophobia. It's a defense mechanism born of fear. But it's been amplified and refined over the last 30 years via mass media into a reactionary political bloc. You are being manipulated as surely and thoroughly as any mega church preacher ever shook down his poor congregation for pennies so he could buy another jet.

Il'll stop there, as I expect rude and angry responses. But the first step to solving any problem is seeing one exists.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 14th, 2018 at 10:54:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 1207
Quote: beachbumbabs
But the first step to solving any problem is seeing one exists.


This is a mantra of the left and the PC crowd. Never once have I ever heard any suggestion that the person using that expression might not be right. That they might not be seeing the world correctly. It always has the tone of those poor misguided souls if only we could educate them so they could see the error of their ways.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 14th, 2018 at 11:32:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 7865
Quote: beachbumbabs
"What is so wrong with this?"

It's actually the center of the issue. For example, I never considered myself an "SJW" (which I'm not, by common modern definition) but to you two I am, simply for objecting to your diminutive labeling and generalizations.


The items you are objecting to are one of the main traits of a SJW. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Quote:
You impute a whole group of negative values to these labels, then you assign them to anyone who

1. disagrees with you.
2. objects to being pigeonholed by you.
3. looks different from you.
4. has different values than you.


Yet you seem to have a negative opinion of liberals and SJWs, at the least you have a strong objection to being associated with them. I find that 90% of liberals the last thing they want to be called is "liberal." They even have a new name for it, "progressive." You do not change the name of something because it has a positive association. (e.g.: Chevy Cavalier became Chevy Cobalt, but a Camry is still a Camry.)


Quote:
The base of it is xenophobia. It's a defense mechanism born of fear. But it's been amplified and refined over the last 30 years via mass media into a reactionary political bloc.


Xenophobia is only called a problem when the xenophobic person is white and male. Otherwise it is called " 'x' Pride."
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 14th, 2018 at 12:01:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 127
Posts: 6144
Quote: AZDuffman


Xenophobia is only called a problem when the xenophobic person is white and male. Otherwise it is called " 'x' Pride."


If you believe all people celebrating culture or heritage are also celebrating their supremacy your views are really twisted.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
January 14th, 2018 at 12:04:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 7865
Quote: rxwine
If you believe all people celebrating culture or heritage are also celebrating their supremacy your views are really twisted.


You are saying "white pride" does not have a negative connotation? Why does every other minority "pride" have a positive one?
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 14th, 2018 at 12:38:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 127
Posts: 6144
Quote: AZDuffman
You are saying "white pride" does not have a negative connotation? Why does every other minority "pride" have a positive one?


Is there a white pride group with a positive doctrine at least? I don't know of any, but there could be.

A positive doctrine might be. We celebrate white accomplishments. However, we believe that all people are equal whatever color, have a right to live anywhere...etc.

Something like that is the best I can come up with.

It can't say, we don't believe in race mixing, living separate from other races. or such.

Can you find any group like that?

Here's one def. of gay pride according to Wikipedia

Quote:
Gay pride or LGBT pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people to promote their self-affirmation, dignity, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community, and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements throughout the world. Pride has lent its name to LGBT-themed organizations, institutes, foundations, book titles, periodicals and even a cable TV station and the Pride Library.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
January 14th, 2018 at 12:54:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 7865
Quote: rxwine
Is there a white pride group with a positive doctrine at least? I don't know of any, but there could be.

A positive doctrine might be. We celebrate white accomplishments. However, we believe that all people are equal whatever color, have a right to live anywhere...etc.

Something like that is the best I can come up with.


I doubt it would matter. They would still get the same treatment. All you need to do is look at the way minorities have reacted to Trump. Trump has not said a racist thing, yet they say "MAGA" itself is racist.

Quote:
It can't say, we don't believe in race mixing, living separate from other races. or such


IIRC that is exactly the stance of the Black Muslims and Black Panthers.

The "gay pride" quote is insane. The gay pride movement is the least tolerant group out there today.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
January 14th, 2018 at 12:56:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 127
Posts: 6144
I've already said on here there's non-white groups that are just as bad. And so what? Just because someone is bad doesn't give anyone else the right.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
January 14th, 2018 at 1:01:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 7865
Quote: rxwine
I've already said on here there's non-white groups that are just as bad. And so what? Just because someone is bad doesn't give anyone else the right.


My point is that any pro-white group is assumed to be bad. It need not even be a formal "group." A white individual who is proud of his race is called a racist/xenophobe. See above posts.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it