In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 15th, 2018 at 12:38:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
I happen to agree that immigration should focus more on people who can contribute economically (although there is room for admission on humanitarian basis). Trump's comment makes it almost impossible for a merit based argument to get any traction because it just looks like blatant cultural bias. After all he didn't say a damn thing about merit did he? It is whole countries and entire regions he dismissed as shitholes.

One of the sharpest electrical engineers I've ever worked with is an El Salvadoran immigrant. An executive VP of a successful company I used to work for was from Haiti. A top manager for a local high tech start up and my good friend is from Ghana. His kids went to school with mine. One of his sons is an engineer and another is now a Doctor. Desirable immigrants can and do come from impoverished places, but now anyone who says we are letting in to many people destined to depend on public service will be associated with Trump and his careless vulgarities.

Trump has said many times it should be based on merit. No matter what it will not gain traction with the left, they prefer welfare cases who can become Democrat voters. Lets remember, the comment was just a comment made in a meeting, not for the public. It is just the ongoing "GET TRUMP" movement of the establishment.

Suggest merit and liberals will say you are being "cruel and mean." Its about votes. DACA is about votes. I'd put out a compromise. DACA kids can stay, but just a green card. No citizenship, EVER, in return. See how fast the liberals would say no.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2018 at 1:14:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
.... Lets remember, the comment was just a comment made in a meeting, not for the public.
I can accept that, that is how I look at his "pussy grabbing" comment as well. It was a couple guys in a locker room. So what, bfd.

Yeah that was in a meeting with leaders of the world, who should have been able to tell, that an offhand comment which no one is confused about, was not for public listening.

I also feel the same about Bill and Monica, two consenting adults, not my business. And I'm glad he got a blowjob in the oval office. I hope Trump does to. Same way if we get a woman pres. Wasn't it Monica's room mate who told the world about it, after listening in on ML's private recording? That whole thing was not for public info. I assume BHO and Michelle engaged in sex also, I don't want to hear about it. The George's probably did, and we know JFK had sex in a closet. So what. Don't make a mess, or embarrass us, and get back to work, after a smoke.

Same thing for the CEO's. If they have the authority to use their office as they see fit, have at it. I don't believe for a second the stories about Trumps "golden showers" but even if it were true, so what.

Quote:
It is just the ongoing "GET TRUMP" movement of the establishment.
Yep, that's what it is, and what it's about doesn't mean crap. The man said he doesn't use a filter, it appears sometimes he doesn't. He is definitely not a cookie cutter POTUS. America desperately needed a change.

Quote:
DACA is about votes.
It's about control, low wages, and replacing the babies the boomers kids aren't having.
Quote:
I'd put out a compromise. DACA kids can stay, but just a green card. No citizenship, EVER, in return. See how fast the liberals would say no.
Saint Joe, is running for Senate hear in AZ., to replace the Flake. Joe has a plan to deal with DACA. With all the experience he has with illegals, people should at least hear what he has to say. He is not the racist, people claim he is.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 15th, 2018 at 1:35:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Saint Joe, is running for Senate hear in AZ., to replace the Flake. .

Saint Joe??????
Even Mother Theresa was not perfect
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 15th, 2018 at 3:13:12 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Trump has said many times it should be based on merit. No matter what it will not gain traction with the left, they prefer welfare cases who can become Democrat voters. Lets remember, the comment was just a comment made in a meeting, not for the public. It is just the ongoing "GET TRUMP" movement of the establishment.

Suggest merit and liberals will say you are being "cruel and mean." Its about votes. DACA is about votes. I'd put out a compromise. DACA kids can stay, but just a green card. No citizenship, EVER, in return. See how fast the liberals would say no.

There you go again, speaking for the liberals in generalities. You don't have the first clue what liberals actually think. You get it filtered through Trumpist and/or conservative spin sites.

Feel free to present the conservative point of view; it's probably accurate as to their opinions. But this demonization of people you don't like or understand has got to stop. Not just you, everywhere. Or this country will never heal.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 15th, 2018 at 3:17:12 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: petroglyph
I can accept that, that is how I look at his "pussy grabbing" comment as well. It was a couple guys in a locker room. So what, bfd.

Yeah that was in a meeting with leaders of the world, who should have been able to tell, that an offhand comment which no one is confused about, was not for public listening.

I also feel the same about Bill and Monica, two consenting adults, not my business. And I'm glad he got a blowjob in the oval office. I hope Trump does to. Same way if we get a woman pres. Wasn't it Monica's room mate who told the world about it, after listening in on ML's private recording? That whole thing was not for public info. I assume BHO and Michelle engaged in sex also, I don't want to hear about it. The George's probably did, and we know JFK had sex in a closet. So what. Don't make a mess, or embarrass us, and get back to work, after a smoke.

Same thing for the CEO's. If they have the authority to use their office as they see fit, have at it. I don't believe for a second the stories about Trumps "golden showers" but even if it were true, so what.

Yep, that's what it is, and what it's about doesn't mean crap. The man said he doesn't use a filter, it appears sometimes he doesn't. He is definitely not a cookie cutter POTUS. America desperately needed a change.

It's about control, low wages, and replacing the babies the boomers kids aren't having. Saint Joe, is running for Senate hear in AZ., to replace the Flake. Joe has a plan to deal with DACA. With all the experience he has with illegals, people should at least hear what he has to say. He is not the racist, people claim he is.

It wasn't Monica's roommate. It was a woman she met somewhere in DC whom she eventually confided in, trusting her to keep it a secret. Name is Linda Tripp, and she completely betrayed Monica on that.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 15th, 2018 at 3:20:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
There you go again, speaking for the liberals in generalities. You don't have the first clue what liberals actually think.

That's funny. A friend of Rush's was
at a big event over the weekend and
they were the only conservatives there.
They were astounded at the lack of
current event knowledge among the
Libs. They never heard of Fusion GPS, or
of Steele, they still think there is hard
evidence that Trump colluded in the
campaign with the Russians. You could
write a book on what they didn't know.

So as far as what Libs really think, it's
whatever CNN or MS tells them to think,
or what they leave out that they don't
have to think about.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 15th, 2018 at 3:25:48 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: Evenbob
That's funny. A friend of Rush's was
at a big event over the weekend and
they were the only conservatives there.
They were astounded at the lack of
current event knowledge among the
Libs. They never heard of Fusion GPS, or
of Steele, they still think there is hard
evidence that Trump colluded in the
campaign with the Russians. You could
write a book on what they didn't know.

So as far as what Libs really think, it's
whatever CNN or MS tells them to think,
or what they leave out that they don't
have to think about.

I have no doubt there are clueless Americans in the millions, liberal or otherwise. Jay Leno proved that for decades.
January 15th, 2018 at 3:28:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
There you go again, speaking for the liberals in generalities. You don't have the first clue what liberals actually think. You get it filtered through Trumpist and/or conservative spin sites.

And yet again what is it you prefer? I say, "This liberal in Atlanta thinks this, but one in Boston disagrees. One in Dallas can go both ways.........

FYI, I can see EXACTLY what Liberals are thinking. Liberals are easy to read as they just use the same playbook over and over.
1. Call the Republican "stupid" and "not intelligent."
2. Say he is unstable and will start some kind of war.
3. Suggest he does not really know what is going on in his WH and someone else is pulling the strings.
4. Failing the above, call his policies "racist."
5 Failing #4, call HIM "racist."

Trump has suggested immigration by lottery end, and by merit begin. He has been called racist.

And do not think that the liberal plan is not to flood the USA with dependent, potential Democrat voters. Democrats lost the white vote by 1976. They need to replace it. Hillary Clinton admitted as much, not just wrote it off but near drove it away. Where do you think the plan to do this?

Quote:
Feel free to present the conservative point of view; it's probably accurate as to their opinions. But this demonization of people you don't like or understand has got to stop. Not just you, everywhere. Or this country will never heal.

Don't tell me, tell your liberal friends to stop demonizing Trump and his supporters.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2018 at 3:39:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I have no doubt there are clueless Americans in the millions

The point was, these were rich educated
Libs, some of them screaming at the
conservatives, and they were horribly
behind on current events. They don't
get a rounded picture of what's going
on because they only listen to others
that have their POV. Liberalism is very
much a religion, you can't listen to or
hang out with others of opposing views
or, like religion, you might be swayed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 15th, 2018 at 4:00:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Saint Joe??????
Even Mother Theresa was not perfect
That is my play on the show, "Waterworld", where Dennis Hopper [the Deacon] refers to Captain Joseph Hazelwood, that wrecked the Exxon Valdez in Prince William Sound Alaska, as Saint Joe. Cracks me up every time. Hopper was great.

Lots of Hazelwood jokes at coffee shops and bars around Alaska.

Anyway that's why I call Arpaio, St. Joe. lol

One of my favorite movies.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW