In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 15th, 2018 at 11:39:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: YeahBaby
yeah Trumper is such a racist LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse Jackson and Trump have been friends
for decades. Trump was born and raised
in NYC, he's a NY lib to his core. He was
raised around every type of minority,
he might be the least bigoted president
we've ever had. It doesn't even occur to
him, it's not in his DNA to judge somebody
by their race.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 16th, 2018 at 2:37:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Trump has now lost al credibility arguing for merit based immigration.

Why? He has just pointed out the obvious. Once you get past the liberal outrage, most people are agreeing with the statement whether it was made or not.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2018 at 7:56:13 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Why? He has just pointed out the obvious. Once you get past the liberal outrage, most people are agreeing with the statement whether it was made or not.

Because we know that his views on immigration are not based on merit. When he says merit based immigration we know that he really means selection based on cultural bias. The distinction is clearly not important to some, but that's not my point.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 16th, 2018 at 8:35:26 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Because we know that his views on immigration are not based on merit. When he says merit based immigration we know that he really means selection based on cultural bias. The distinction is clearly not important to some, but that's not my point.

He also doesn't have the balls to either defend, or apologize for his statements. Instead, he denies making the statements at all, and now most Americans believe he is lying, and now he's got other republicans scrambling to come up with ways to cover without overtly lying themselves - claiming the statements were mischaracterized (without denying that he said them) or claiming that they didn't hear him say it (which might be a lie about whether not they heard him say it, but also isn't a denial that he said it)

All that in the face of a report of a statement being made, a democrat confirming it, and a republican saying that media reports of the statement are "basically accurate"

It insults everyone's intelligence to then come back and deny making those statements, or trying to claim that you didn't hear the statements in an attempt to evade confirming or denying the statements.

All of this has nothing to do with whether or not people agree with his sentiments. What he has done is create two crap-storms - one with the statements themselves, and another with the denials and "I didn't hear it" covering.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 16th, 2018 at 8:41:12 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I'm amazed the Followers of the Divine Shithole are so ready, willing and able to defend their Dear Leader for statements he didn't even make.

Which begs the question: what the hell is wrong with them?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 16th, 2018 at 8:49:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Seems to me he just reaffirms that he wants them based on merit. How many Haitians or Africans are bringing high-skills to the USA?
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2018 at 8:54:09 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
And of course now he claims there will be no deal. Not because it is a bad deal, but because someone called him out on what he said.

"Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting. Deals can't be made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our military," Trump tweeted.

“Remember at one point when he said, ‘whatever you send me I’ll sign. I’ll take the political heat on this’?" Durbin said. "Well [when] we showed up Thursday with our bipartisan bill and presented it to him it was a much different story.”

from https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/trump-shithole-dick-durbin-responds-340684?cmpid=sf

looks like he can't take the political heat on a simple statement that he made.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 16th, 2018 at 9:27:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
And of course now he claims there will be no deal. Not because it is a bad deal, but because someone called him out on what he said.

"Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting. Deals can't be made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our military," Trump tweeted.

“Remember at one point when he said, ‘whatever you send me I’ll sign. I’ll take the political heat on this’?" Durbin said. "Well [when] we showed up Thursday with our bipartisan bill and presented it to him it was a much different story.”

from https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/trump-shithole-dick-durbin-responds-340684?cmpid=sf

looks like he can't take the political heat on a simple statement that he made.

Bad deal is worse than no deal. Until we get a wall and address security better, let DACA die. Being more concerned with Americans than illegal aliens will not hurt his standing at all.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2018 at 9:38:30 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
.... Until we get a wall and address security better, let DACA die.
Are you willing to let America pay for the wall? 20 billion before cost over runs.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 16th, 2018 at 9:56:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Are you willing to let America pay for the wall? 20 billion before cost over runs.

We are paying for it already in the form of services to illegal aliens, from schooling to welfaere to prisons.
The President is a fink.