see in the bill, then said he would sign
the bill they came up with. He meant he
would sign any bill that contained what
he wanted in it. The moron Dems thought
he meant he would sign ANY bill they
came up with, and they found out that's
not what he meant at all.

Idiots..

I would not call the Dems "morons." Previous GOP POTUS would cave to such a thing, so why not think Trump would?

The hidden beauty of a press that gives you 90% negative coverage is that you don't have to worry what they think.
The President is a fink.
January 16th, 2018 at 2:10:06 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Evenbob
You are avoiding that two congress members
who say they were just as close to Trump as
Graham and Durbin were, say Trump never
said the word. It's a stand off, somebody is
lying. Now the Homeland director says she
never heard it and she was right there. And
Durbin has lied before about the WH.

Durbin Has a History of Lying About Private Meetings

"There's just one problem with Durbin's claims: He has a history of making up statements from private White House meetings."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25817/dick-durbin-has-history-lying-about-private-white-ryan-saavedra#

So Lindsay Graham is lying too? Also, people claiming that they didn't hear it isn't the same thing as denying that he said it. Assuming that itself isn't a lie, perhaps they were engaged in an engrossing sidebar conversation and weren't listening to Trump.

And remember, this came from reporters from the Washington Post and was confirmed by Durbin, it wasn't provided by Durbin to reporters unsolicited. He confirmed that the report was accurate, he did not make the report himself.

That was followed by silence from the whitehouse. Silence from other republicans. Not a denial, just silence... until trump tweeted. now all of a sudden a couple of republicans "can't recall" hearing him say it, which then shifted into "he definitely didn't say it"

"You've seen the comments in the press," Durbin said at an event in Chicago. "I've not read one of them that's inaccurate. To no surprise, the President started tweeting this morning, denying that he used those words. It is not true."

For you, it seems, who you believe on an issue corresponds directly to their political positions. Any accusals, claims, denials, whatever - first has to go through the "what do they stand for politically?" filter.

Using that filter, Lindsay Graham's statement of how the reports are "basically accurate" must be the truth.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 16th, 2018 at 2:47:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
So Lindsay Graham is lying too?

Somebody is lying, which makes all
testimony suspect, no? Without
proof as to who isn't lying, it all
gets thrown out of court as unusable
hearsay. Or don't you understand that..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 16th, 2018 at 2:56:51 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Stocks Soaring: Dow Crosses 26,000

Trump says he won't apologize for
shithole remark he never made and
the market goes crazy with optimism.
Obama given credit on CNN..

LOLOL

S&P 500, Dow and NASDAQ all closed down from yesterday. I demand to know who's fault it is.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 16th, 2018 at 3:12:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
White House Doctor: Donald Trump’s Excellent Health ‘Just How God Made Him’

White House Dr. Ronny Jackson praised Donald Trump and spoke in detail about the president’s physical and mental health on Tuesday, calling it “excellent.” Reporters in the White House press briefing appeared baffled that, despite reports of Trump’s intake of fast food, Dr. Jackson said his overall health was great for a 71-year-old man.

“It is called genetics,” Jackson said. “I don’t know. Some people have great genes … he has incredible genes and that’s the way God made him.” Jackson has served as the presidential physician for the two previous presidents — Barack Obama and George W. Bush.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 16th, 2018 at 3:29:26 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Somebody is lying, which makes all
testimony suspect, no? Without
proof as to who isn't lying, it all
gets thrown out of court as unusable
hearsay. Or don't you understand that..

Clearly the evolution of the GOP senators from going to silence to "do not recall" to "didn't say that" is a regression of lies.

Doesn't matter what the president said. What he's made clear is that he wants to replace the ability to immigrate from a compassionate based to a merit based system. Whether you believe in merit based (based on abilities to contribute, speak english, have white skin, proclaim love for a Christian God or have no God at all, and have money, I imagine) versus compassionate based (war, refugees, extreme poverty) is the true debate.
January 16th, 2018 at 7:16:21 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: petroglyph
I agree with this post. I want to add, a wall will not stop drug cartels from going over under or through a wall. I am against all the things you mentioned like destroying the open vista's and erecting that ugliness. It is getting harder to find an open view down here without at least an antenna farm on the horizon. This wall is enough to make a nature lover heave.

I didn't even talk about wildlife migration. I understand pronghorn and ocelots are of particular concern in Texas. I don't think either side really comprehends the negative impact. The ineffectiveness of the wall is well understood by some, but that just means they view it as a waste of money. The Democrats don't mind wasting money, they'll give Trump his wall to get something they want.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 16th, 2018 at 7:43:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Bad bad day for the Loony Left:

White House doctor: Trump “Has Absolutely No Cognitive or Mental Issues”

Jackson reported that Trump got a perfect 30 out of 30 score on a common dementia screening exam called the Montreal Cognitive Assessment. "I can reliably say, and I think that the folks in the mental health [field] would back me up on the fact that if he had some kind of mental, cognitive issue, that this test is sensitive enough, it would have picked up on it. He would not have got 30 out of 30 ... ” Jackson said. “And my personal experience is that he has absolutely no cognitive or mental issues whatsoever.”

So much for Pence declaring Trump a mental
case and invoking the amendment. The
average passing grade is 26 out of 30 right,
and Trump got 30 out of 30. Kinda shines
a light as to who the truly deranged are,
like there was any doubt. The Left has been
insane since the election, not Trump. And
this was Obama's doctor, not a paid off Trump
quack.

Just wait, they'll be screaming the test was wrong
and he needs to do a battery of tests. Mark my
words.
January 16th, 2018 at 9:48:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Kinda shines
a light as to who the truly deranged are,
like there was any doubt.

Says the guy who kept wrongly predicting Hillary's demise from illness.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2018 at 9:54:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine

Says the guy who kept wrongly predicting Hillary's demise from illness.

Mental demise, which obviously came to
pass. She still thinks she can be president.