In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 14th, 2018 at 4:52:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
If the kid gets put into a chemical straight-jacket, the teacher gets in effect a smaller class and the school system gets extra funding so there is a great incentive to 'pathologize normal behavior and Rx meds'. Trouble is the kid's brains get affected.

I agree. In my day we called it "misbehaving" and the kid got detention to a whack on the ass to the gym teacher running off all that extra energy. Today we just push the dope. How can there not be side effects?
The President is a fink.
February 14th, 2018 at 6:33:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
He got out of the school by pretending to be one of the potential victims. He sounds fairly lucid to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2018 at 6:43:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Doing well enough for him to violate the PG rule on profanity. I'll take the USA vs. Mexico and cartel violence any day.

If the ban hammer falls on Nareed for dropping an F bomb, hopefully it will land on you too for your personal insult against HER.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 14th, 2018 at 6:47:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
He got out of the school by pretending to be one of the potential victims. He sounds fairly lucid to me.

Probably was lucid
To blame all this on drugs is absurd
The problem
Lucid twisted pissed off people with easy access to weapons that cause mass deaths.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 14th, 2018 at 8:00:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I agree. In my day we called it "misbehaving" and the kid got detention to a whack on the ass to the gym teacher running off all that extra energy. Today we just push the dope. How can there not be side effects?
At the local grade school teachers can dole out no punishment. The way they handle behavior is they give kids who don't misbehave a piece of candy for every 15 minutes they don't act up.

It seems most mammals have a way of correcting their offsprings undesirable behavior. I believe spankings are very effective when administered with common sense and do no lasting harm. Not as much as a bunch of cavity's from all that candy.

I am looking for an article I read about how much authority teachers and schools have toward making kids take behavior medications. And once a kid is on that list, they are on it forever.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 14th, 2018 at 8:01:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Probably was lucid
To blame all this on drugs is absurd
The problem
Lucid twisted pissed off people with easy access to weapons that cause mass deaths.
A lot of people on meth are lucid to, and as you mention people are twisted.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 14th, 2018 at 11:19:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
The problem
All Prisoners of Education are lucid twisted and pissed off and have easy access to weapons.

One recently handcuffed seven year old had been pushing the food around on his plate, he was not throwing it at anyone or doing anything disruptive, he was just not eating it. So a teacher told him to stop pushing it around on his plate and he wound up in handcuffs.
February 15th, 2018 at 2:39:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

It seems most mammals have a way of correcting their offsprings undesirable behavior. I believe spankings are very effective when administered with common sense and do no lasting harm. Not as much as a bunch of cavity's from all that candy.

Yeah, you got it right. I've seen dogs with pups. Puppy acts up and it gets a little snap bite.

Smart people seem to be doing the home school thing.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2018 at 4:45:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Smart people seem to be doing the home school thing.

Because of the NRA we need to shut all schools down and send all kids home?
Thats your solution???????
What a sad world the republicans and the NRA have created where the solution is to shutter all schools
Talk about a loss of freedom due to guns
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 15th, 2018 at 6:31:39 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
If the ban hammer falls on Nareed for dropping an F bomb, hopefully it will land on you too for your personal insult against HER.

Thank you.

I appreciate your support, but I'm afraid you're wasting your breath. You can't expect manners from someone who regards criticism of a massacre as worse than the massacre itself.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER