In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 15th, 2018 at 1:53:25 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
So regarding AZ, I thinks its pretty sad she cant be polite in addressing Nareed. Same for EB, she seems to have a problem with Nareed.
Lol

I find it interesting that you feel compelled to protect Nareed, who I feel has some of the best come backs on the forum when she feels wronged, from your favorite righties but give her full license to consistently attack your president in the harshest manner of anyone on the board. I think Nareed is more than capable of looking after herself. If we want to clean up the language than some of her pet names for Trump should be cleaned up as well. Personally I don't see a need to do either at the current level. The one I feel sorry for is the poor Padre and the constant attacks from EB and Nareed.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 15th, 2018 at 2:01:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
The one I feel sorry for is the poor Padre and the constant attacks from EB and Nareed.

As well you should feel sorry for him,
they didn't prepare him in seminary
for the onslaught of truth to be found
in the outside world..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2018 at 2:01:31 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
So regarding AZ, I thinks its pretty sad she cant be polite in addressing Nareed. Same for EB, she seems to have a problem with Nareed.
Lol

You're making too much of two people who, as far as I'm concerned, don't even exist. If Face feels he needs to uphold special rights for cracker breeders, on his conscience be it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 15th, 2018 at 2:05:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
I find it interesting that you feel compelled to protect Nareed.

No protection
Just having a little fun with the conservative females on this forum
wink wink
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 15th, 2018 at 2:20:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Face

As far as AZD goes... I'll tell ya, I'm on your side. I find it to be of no effort at all to add an "s" or an "r" to a pronoun, and if it makes her happy, then I'm happy to do it. But I will admit reservation when it comes to forcing ideas. There is a thread of the population, usually religious, who do not condone or recognize anything but the binary, hetero lifestyle. I don't agree with them, and further I don't even understand it, but I do feel as though it would be an abuse of power to force them to adhere to something in which they wholly oppose. In fewer words, I would feel like forcing them to adhere to use of pronoun would be no different than forcing the binary, hetero outlook upon you.

Wait, people ONLY get to change what someone prefers to be called if they have religious beliefs?

If not, can I call someone MR. gayconservative if I want to whether they like it or not. If not why not?

Neither word is on the banned list.

Personally since we're only asking people to refer to ourselves as to what we prefer, not asking anyone to buy anything I say about myself. People call themselves winners all the time on the other board. It doesn't require me to believe it. We're asking people to call us something we prefer, not bake a cake or perform a abortion. You prefer to be called "Bubbaman", I call you "Bubbaman" If you never want me to call you "Bubbaman" just ask me not to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2018 at 2:21:32 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
The big problem is that no one dares to do something other than fucking nothing to even try to prevent further school massacres.

Your country is seriously fucked up.

Profanity. Three-day suspension. I might add I'm also insulted but since you are insulting a large group of people, I can't get you for that, but would if I could.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 15th, 2018 at 2:33:51 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Wizard
Profanity. Three-day suspension. I might add I'm also insulted but since you are insulting a large group of people, I can't get you for that, but would if I could.
The world is seriously mucked up.
No offence meant to any of its many inhabitants, not even the ones who are members here.
:o)
February 15th, 2018 at 2:40:53 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed
If Face feels he needs to uphold special rights for cracker breeders, on his conscience be it.

Were that the only thing ailing my conscience...

I don't feel I need enact special rights, only that I need do what's in the best interest of the place I've been granted stewardship over. I saw what rigid, black and white enforcement does, which we all saw at WoV purge a few years back. It erases the problem of the rule infraction, yes, but opens a whole other bag of worms regarding mod judgement. Here, I've been very hands off and for the most part all members have become, for the most part, pretty self policing / sufficient.

It does bother me when people are upset. I am bothered now that you're upset. And I can guarantee you I'll spend the entirety of my day tomorrow going over every facet of this issue. But given my limited abilities, what I believe is the goal of my purpose, and knowledge that this is my best effort made in good faith, I'm as comfortable as I'm allowed to be with it.

I mean,... I dunno. If I ban AZD for improper pronoun use, then it seems to me that I'd have to change everything, including banning anyone who made any disparaging comments about religion, what with our obvious religious population here. Am I wrong? This all is a road I am loathe to go down for just this reason, because I don't see where it ends. Someone point out the flaw in my thinking, please, if there is one.

No protection
Just having a little fun with the conservative females on this forum
wink wink

This doesn't help, terp. I get the point, but...

At least let me get this mopped up before you dook on the floor again =/
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 15th, 2018 at 2:41:55 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Lol

wanna bet that that AZ and EB don't whine to the mods like a lil biaaaaaach about your post?
I bet theyll even have a good laff about it and brush it of and then forget about it cuz they don't care..................
February 15th, 2018 at 2:52:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Wizard

17 dead kids
Honestly my first thought to myself
WTF
I understand the f-bombs in this situation
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"